Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/195/140

Thumbs down New Lifestyle Diet

Hello everyone! So I have been on the New Lifestyle Diet (NLD) for 1 week and lost 9 lbs! I am really excited but I can't say that it was easy. I did a full fast for the first few days but then realized that I might need more calories. I added in one of the snacks for lunch for a few days but the soy caused me to start having hormone problems. I also didn't lose any weight on the days that I ate the NLD soy snacks. I have since gone back to a full fast and lost 2 lbs in one day.

I am pleased with the shakes but just can't tolerate the soy in the food. I will have to find some alternative for when I get the munchies. Do you recommend any soy-free snacks that any of the liquid diets offer? does Diet Direct offer any soy-free snacks?

Aside from that, I have been posting on the NLD forum. I have noticed though that the administrators on that forum edit my posts. For example, I posted that I was having problems with the soy in the NLD snacks so the administrators removed the letters 'NLD' from my post and also edited my profile so that it no longer shows that I am on the NLD. I'm thinking that I will order from Diet Direct from now on since I am no longer sure what the benefit of payng more for NLD is.

Last edited by checkersk; 04-01-2009 at 09:06 PM.
checkersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #2  

Hello ,

Good job! You do it well!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/241/135

Height: 5'5"

I have done diet direct in the past.And I am about to start again.I do 5 supplements a day.And nothing else except 5 fat free saltines,2-3 cups sf jello,1 small cup of yogurt,&3 whole dill pickles per day.And if it weren't for this little extras.I would die.And I would also like to add that the first two weeks are VERY hard.Just hang in there!
homeschoolmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #4  

Great weight loss, 'cthewig'! I am currently on Medifast, however, I use Wonderslim(Diet Direct) products, interchangeably, with the Medifast products. I do the 5 and 1 program, and also take a Mult Vitamin daily, especially if I choose to eat a WS product, not fully fortified with vitamins. I don't like all the Medifast products, especially the shakes which are very gritty. I would much rather mix up a WS pudding, instead. To be honest, Wonderslim is cheaper, much better tasting, and are the same exact products that NL diet doesn't want you to know. Notice on their website, they never show the boxes the products come in! LOL!
Anyway, I had the same problem on on the Medifast forum, when two people asked me a question of how I work the Medifast and Wonderslim products together, and WA-LA, suddenly they took my post off their site. That did it for me, and I am very happy that I have found this website which I joined today. Very informative. And, best of luck and success to all whatever program they choose!
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/195/140

Congratulations on your success, sunnywarmth! Since my initial post above, I no longer order from New Lifestyle. The fact that the administrators on the New Lifestyle forum edited my posts to the extent that the meaning of my words was changed seems fraudulent to me. I just can't justify giving my money to a company that follows dishonest practices.

I have since ordered from Wonderslim. I saved quite a bit of money buying from Wonderslim rather than NLD and received the exact same products. My favorites are the Mocha milkshakes and the Cheesecake pudding! Love it!

I am trying to do the full fast with 5-6 shakes/puddings a day. I found though that I was getting hungry, famished even, at nighttime. I started mixing in a couple of tablespoons of fiber into my pudding in the late afternoon and that seems to get me through the night.

Last edited by checkersk; 05-04-2009 at 11:09 AM.
checkersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 AM   #6  

'cthewig', glad you found the Wonderslim products! If you are really hungry at night, are you drinking all your water? That helps with the hunger, but also makes for middle of the night 'tinkle' calls!

I really like the cocoa and cappuccino and I have started ordering a few of the Pro to Go shakes, as they are vitamin fortified, and are great to take along if out on errands. Just add water and they are ready to drink. Speaking of ready to drink shakes, Medifast puts them out, also, but the Pro's are much better. Actually, other than MF oatmeals and a few of the soups, I prefer Wonderslim. Good luck in your journey!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/220/160

Height: 5'7"

Default hey there

nice to see you over here. sorry they gave you trouble over there!!!!!
LuluBellesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #8  

I wasn't impressed with the NL website, either. Not to mention that there are hardly any posters on there. Much friendlier here, as well as helpful. Lots of support!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #9  

The web site kinda sucks, wish I knew about this one first!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #10  

Three years ago, when I was on Medifast, the MakeMeThinner forum, was a hopping place to be. Lots of support. Whether it is the economy or waning interest in the website, it is hardly active these days. This is a wonderful website and forum. Like you, I wish I knew back then, what I know now!!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/192/130

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthewig View Post
Congratulations on your success, sunnywarmth! Since my initial post above, I no longer order from New Lifestyle. The fact that the administrators on the New Lifestyle forum edited my posts to the extent that the meaning of my words was changed seems fraudulent to me. I just can't justify giving my money to a company that follows dishonest practices.

I have since ordered from Wonderslim. I saved quite a bit of money buying from Wonderslim rather than NLD and received the exact same products. My favorites are the Mocha milkshakes and the Cheesecake pudding! Love it!

I am trying to do the full fast with 5-6 shakes/puddings a day. I found though that I was getting hungry, famished even, at nighttime. I started mixing in a couple of tablespoons of fiber into my pudding in the late afternoon and that seems to get me through the night.

I'm new here but I just have to say...I hope you told them why you won't be ordering from them. Honestly, I think this is fraudulent myself and after reading this, I won't be ordering from them either. I no longer feel I can trust what they tell me or their testimonies! Thanks for the heads up.
P31Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/192/130

Height: 5' 5"

Can anyone tell me if the Wonderslim shakes taste anything like the Slimfast shakes? I'm very intrigued by the idea of the Wonderslim products but I hate the chalky taste of a lot of the diet shakes.
P31Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by P31Mom View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Wonderslim shakes taste anything like the Slimfast shakes? I'm very intrigued by the idea of the Wonderslim products but I hate the chalky taste of a lot of the diet shakes.
they are the same as NLD and I love them. I love chocolate. Vanilla is ok and strawberry is pretty good, but it will depend on you!!!!