Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/141/123

Height: 5'6"

Default grocery shopping

does anyone ever binge the same day they go grocery shopping? It seems that whenever I bring new food into the house either I want to eat all of it because I am excited about it or I get nervous that it is going to go bad. I am such a weirdo but I feel that there are others that this maybe happens to? maybe?

mini goal by March 31st, 2009

jooanie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #2  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i feel this way too. i wouldn't say i binge, but i definetely overindulge. so, i no longer buy sweets i.e. anything little debbie, honey buns, candy (my weakness), instead i always get a bunch of fruit. so i can eat a lot and not feel guilty about. i usually only get through a couple pieces though before i get full. i love fruit and at first it wasn't satisfying my sweet cravings, but it does now.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/206/125

Height: 5'3

omg I feel that way too when i grocery shop, but its more when I'm hungry before going also. Try eating a decent amount to have you satisfied before you go. Also like onestar said I would get all healthy stuff so even if you eat some of it you'll be fine. On sunday I had gotten like only a buncha fruits and veggies.. and most of the food I got I would have to COOK to eat which I felt lazy to do so I opted for the fruit because it was "easier" and I ended up making a banana strawberry smoothie with the fruit cuz i was craving a smoothie! It was good !!
loveDC425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #4  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

You know, I read recently that if you go grocery shopping when you're hungry, you'll spend about 17% more than if you went on a full or not-hungry stomach. But I always seem to go when I'm hungry!

I do this too. Yesterday when I did my grocery shopping, I had bought a bunch of stuff for us to go camping this weekend... goodies that we normally don't eat. I totally had the craving to rip into all the packages and stuff my mouth with marshmallows, chips and wash it down with some Pepsi! I wish I knew what it was that makes me want to do this... I agree it's this overwhelming urge or excitement of new food. Even if I buy healthy stuff - say, nonfat cottage cheese - I still sometimes have the urge to snack on it right away.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/233/198

Height: 5"9

i have the exact same problem.. i go to shop for food and i buy junk food.. so while i diet i try not to do the shopping but if i have to i sometimes take a snack with me to the store and i eat it instead of thinking of all the bad thing to buy
second chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I definitely do this too! Even the first actual meal after I go grocery shopping is risky because I want to eat ALL the yummy healthy things I just bought. I think it's challenging to be an environment that's all about food and not want to eat afterwards, whether you're hungry when you go or not!
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Yup -- that's true for me too, even with healthy foods. If I buy a basket of fresh raspberries, I know it should be eaten as soon as possible. I also have problems with new foods or foods I haven't eaten in a long time. Last time I went shopping I found a cherimoya (haven't had in a long time), and I think I ate it before I finished unpacking!

Last edited by yoyoma; 03-20-2009 at 09:49 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #8  
Meow

I am the queen of doing this hah
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote