Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default has anyone else done this ..

so i received a $30 rewards thingy from Lane Bryant because i spend a lot of money there .. lol .. so my plan was rather then buy something that i can wear now i want to buy something two or three sizes to small .. my thought is that maybe it'll help me w/ losing the weight .. i mean whats better then having a brand new outfit to look forward to wearing is that a stupid idea??
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

I did that and now I'm in the smaller size! It's a great idea! I kept trying on the smaller jeans periodically watching them fit better and better.
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

I bought a pair of jeans that didn't quite fit yet - and then a week later I was able to fit into them.

I'd like to buy a pair of pants that's a couple sizes smaller now for the same excitement. Nothing beats being able to finally fit into those clothes you've been dying to wear.

The only thing I would recommend is to not go too much smaller and not get to seasonal. If you get something for summer you might be bummed to find you don't fit into it until fall or winter.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

I find nothing fits me the way I think it will as I've lost weight in the past. Consider the items you buy so that they are planned with maximum possibility of fitting properly your changing body -and enjoy looking forward to them!
annieoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, I did it the year I was losing. I bought a denim skirt. I even think I did it more then once. I figured there was more room for "error" with a skirt, then with pants. I didn't know where I would lose weight from at which time and I figured the skirt was "safer" then pants. I actually remember writing in my journal that this particular skirt was a goal of mine. It worked out quite nicely as it was something to look forward to.

The only thing is - make sure you hold on to the recipt and find out the return policy - just in case. And I don't mean just in case it's STILL to small on you - but just in case your body changes that dramatically in a short time.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Yep, yep yep, DEFINITELY! Especially since their jeans are normally very expensive...and jeans aren't necessarily seasonal. You would wear jeans on cool summer nights or to work (?) or whatnot.

But I thought, too, maybe you would use the gc on something you would NEVER just pay cash for, like they have the coolest funky handbags and sandals in the summer that are usually too high priced for my taste. Or some cool clunky earrings/necklaces/rings....just something you might not "normally" buy there. I like their jammies too. Or underwear and bras! (sometimes they have buy 3, get 3 or buy one get one 1/2 off,etc)

I imagine I would pick a cute sundressy thing and hang it on its hanger and hope to wear it by the end of summer. Let us know what you decide!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I don't normally do this, & here's why -

I recently found a super cute pair of retro jeans in a thrift shop. They were a tiny bit too small, but since I'm losing weight & since they were in a thrift shop (no chance of going back for them later!), I went ahead & grabbed them.

Tried them on every so often as I lost. The DAY, the very day, that the waist finally fit perfectly without giving me a muffin top...was also the day that the butt, instead of being snug & sexy, started to look saggy & not cute at all.

So if you REALLY think it will motivate you, go ahead...but keep the tags & receipts!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have bought three pairs of pants in different sizes on clearance. I have already started wearing one pair. If they don't fit my body after weight loss, I will donate them to charity but it is fun to try them on and say "Almost!"
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

they have their right fit jeans on sale right now at lane Bryant for 29.99 so i was just going to buy the color i usually buy just a size or two smaller .. but i liked the idea of a skirt and i was actually looking at a skirt from there that was super cute .. and if by chance when i get to that size they don't fit me right I'll give them to someone who might be able to use them ..
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

go for it!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 6

I haven't bought anything, but I do have lots of cute clothes that used to fit... those are my goal clothes!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #12  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I do that, particularly with great clearance deals (Old Navy is my favorite for clearance). It is a nice incentive, and I guess I've lucked out in that I haven't run into a problem with something fitting wrong once I'm able to get into it.

Right now I have a super-cute size medium dress in my closet that won't fit for a good long time still, but it was $15 on clearance, and it's certainly incentive to keep going.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I have a basement full of 14/16s I'm dying to get back into. But they had a really really cute pair of 16 vanderbilt jeans on sale at Costco (of all places) last month and I went on and bought them even though they are 2 1/2 sizes too small right now. They are hanging on my closet door cheering me on every morning! Right now I can get them to where my legs meet my hips...but one day they will fit. And then eventually they will be falling off! Can't wait.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I think its a great idea. I do it, and it is just another little thing that keeps me motivated. I usually go only a size or two smaller, so that it doesn't seem too long to wait. The time seems to fly by.
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:39 AM   #15  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I do this I usually buy the next size down.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote