Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #1  
Waiting for summer

S/C/G: 255.5/248.5/190

Height: 5'10

Unhappy Thining about quitting and havent even started!

So, I went for my first weight in at WW this past Saturday...I lost 6 pounds...I was sick on Saturday with the stomach flu and now I am finding it really difficult to get back into the swing of things...i went for a walk today...but i just feel kinda of down and out..not as motivated as I was a week ago.

My question is...how do you get that SURGE of motivation back???
aaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

First of all you recover from the stomach flu Seriously, illness knocks us all back, its unfortunate that it happened to you so early in your weight loss but its no reason to quit! Think about the reasons you started, why you want to lose weight, and whether it is really worth giving up so early.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Keep at it! I lost like 8 lbs before christmas, then afterwards gained it all back and it has taken me so long to lose it all plus another pound finally! I'm excited about this next week's weigh in because I've started working out more again
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, my motivation lasted about a week. And then came the cravings.

Personally, what worked for me was changing things little by little. For example, when I started in January, I didn't stop what I was eating, I just stopped eating as much. I began to practice portion control. Then, once I felt I had handle on that, I began to drink more and more water.

Etc, etc. I'm now eating 1600 calories a day, finding myself making healthier choices, and I'm finally exercising 3-4 times a week. Slowly but surely.

It does get easier though. Just keep trucking along

Good luck!
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Someone else will say it if I don't - motivation comes & goes, & it always will. To be successful (in weight loss, or anything else), you have to have COMMITMENT.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Height: 5'7"

Susan Powter once said that motivation comes by doing. So everytime you make a good choice, it's easier to do it the next time because you already know that you can do it. Unfortunately, it also works in the opposite direction... I would make sure that you're fully recovered and then just focus on making one good choice at a time and you'll find that it gets easier!
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #7  
Waiting for summer

S/C/G: 255.5/248.5/190

Height: 5'10

Thanks for all your support...I am feeling better today. I worked out yesterday...and it wasnt great...but I am glad I got out and moved!

Thanks!!!
aaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #8  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

aaneri--- great job on getting out and working out, even though you didn't feel like it. The truth is, everyone is right about motivation coming and going. Sometimes losing weight is great and you enjoy it.. and sometimes it feels like a chore and you hate it. It's kind of like marriage. You gotta work at it, regardless of the ups and downs, because it isn't always roses and rainbows, lol.

Just remember... once things become HABIT for you... even if you lack the motivation, you'll just do things the right way because you're used to it being like that every day. We'll all have slip ups every now and then... but if you get to the point where you are used to reaching for the healthy items on a regular basis (i.e. an orange rather than a candy bar) it just starts to feel like your new lifestyle. I have gotten to the point, after eating healthier for 2 1/2 months straight, that I don't really think about junk food anymore because it's not regularly present in my daily life anymore.

Like anything, it gets easier with time... but that fiery motivation that we all feel in the first 2 weeks... that fades too. What we are left with is a commitment to change, and hopefully a lifetime of healthy habits.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote