Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/203/160

Height: 5'11"

Default fund raiser danger

When one is trying soooooo hard to be good here comes a school fund raiser with donuts playing the role of the villain.
I have not had this much temptation in the house since I started counting calories.
I will be good .....I will be good......I am in control ......I am stronger then a donut.....
shymeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #2  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

The local high school baseball team went door to door selling coupons. 20 bucks for a whole bunch of coupons that can save you about $100 if you use them. But the problem is they are all for restaurants and fast food. My husband bought it from them.

hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I feel you....I'm being stalked by Girl Scout cookies. I've been avoiding stores where they've set up little tables, and had the strength to tell one no when she came to the door. Then I came to work Monday...one of the ladies has two boxes of 'em up here "for us all to enjoy." And she's complaining about how she's needing to lose weight.

Some people...grrrr....cookies....mmmmm.....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #4  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
I feel you....I'm being stalked by Girl Scout cookies. I've been avoiding stores where they've set up little tables, and had the strength to tell one no when she came to the door. Then I came to work Monday...one of the ladies has two boxes of 'em up here "for us all to enjoy." And she's complaining about how she's needing to lose weight.

Some people...grrrr....cookies....mmmmm.....
You think that is bad?

I live with a girl scout!

hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I think it's time they changed those fundraisers from junk food city to something that is good for people.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinfor5Minutes View Post
I think it's time they changed those fundraisers from junk food city to something that is good for people.
The boy scouts here sell apples. I always buy from them.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #7  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Buy a big flat of doughnuts. Take them to your local firehouse as a gift for the firemen. That way you can support the school, do something nice for public servants and still be good. Can't eat a doughnut, they are for the firemen!

I have done that with cookies before when dieting. I get to smell them baking and get to make some important people happy.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinfor5Minutes View Post
No kidding. Right now the girlscouts are selling cookies, the charter school is selling cookie dough, the swim team is selling candy bars, the boyscouts are selling chocolate and the random door to door group is selling more cookie dough.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
No kidding. Right now the girlscouts are selling cookies, the charter school is selling cookie dough, the swim team is selling candy bars, the boyscouts are selling chocolate and the random door to door group is selling more cookie dough.

And people wonder *why* America (and Canada) are getting fat??
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
Buy a big flat of doughnuts. Take them to your local firehouse as a gift for the firemen. That way you can support the school, do something nice for public servants and still be good. Can't eat a doughnut, they are for the firemen!

I have done that with cookies before when dieting. I get to smell them baking and get to make some important people happy.
I don't know... have you seen firemen and policemen lately? They are not the fittest bunch either.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/203/160

Height: 5'11"

Prinny , That is a such a good idea....share the love with the people who keep us safe and still be a good little calorie counter
shymeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Unfortuately, the junk sell well and makes money! Our local high school band does sell fruit. I always buy a case.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I think these organizations do both their members and the general population as a whole a disservice. I was a girl scout and I felt guilty bothering folks to sell cookies but at the same time, I worked hard and sold more than other kids in my troop. I would rather have used my energy to do something constructive. I like fund-raiser car washes for that reason. I wish there were more things like that.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote