Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/168/168

Default Want postpartum bleeding to be done!

Here I am 12 days postpartum and going nuts!!! 2 days ago I thought the lochia was turning brown, so I'd be fine to run some errands. Guess not, I soaked a few pads and am now back to bright red blood and taking it really easy. Argh! I'm the type that doesn't like to spend an entire day at home, I like to get out an hour or so at least. I also have a 3 and 5 year old and my house isn't that big--I wish I could take them to parks and stuff. But, I bled for 7 months with my first, though with my second it quit by 6 weeks--I think maybe I'm paranoid I'm going to have problems. At the hospital I was given a shot and rectal pills (yikes!) to help the bleeding and 2 bags of pitocin. But I don't want to bleed. OK, hopefully I'll feel better getting this out. I just feel fine but I guess my body isn't ready to jump into a regular routine yet.
Ducttapeissilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #2  
No description available.

Rest!!! The more you rest now, the sooner you will be 100%!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

oh geeezzzz... that sounds so terrible! I am so sorry!
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

My PPB lasted 5 weeks. Four days later I got my period. Yippee.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #5  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedLedZepFan View Post
My PPB lasted 5 weeks. Four days later I got my period. Yippee.
WOW! Were you breastfeeding? I am really really hoping that BFing will keep mine at bay for at least a few extra months!
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I am 6 month post partum and had several weeks of on and off bleeding. That's what bugged me the most, it would stop and I'd think it was all over and done with then the next day I'd feel a gush and have to run to the bathroom to find my undies soaked. So, so GROSS! What has also been awful is that my monthly has been just nasty. Before when I was on birth control I had like 3 days of very light flow but now I am having 5-7 days of very heavy flow and it is just disgusting. I had my tubes done so I don't need birth control anymore but I am half wanting to ask the doctor for it again just to control my period. I doubt she'd agree though since really it isn't that bad, it's just not what I am used to having. I'm hoping it will ease up sooner or later.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #7  

I had bleeding longer with my last baby.... and then discharge that seemed to last awhile longer than I wanted. But, 3 1/2 months out, things are fine, and crossing my fingers that my period stays away for a LONG, LONG time!

My OB actually suggested Mirena as contraception because of heavy periods. Before having children I was on the pill, but after I haven't been... and childbirth definitely made bleeding heavy. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do... and haven't read up on Mirena, but am just going to tread carefully since it is hormonal I think, and since I'm older I don't want to increase any cancer risks.

Add in the extra weight too.... UGH...

BUT..... for ducttapeissilver..... RELAX!!!! Don't try to do too much too soon!
2Tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #8  

I had a hard time resting after each of my kids. I think it prolonged the bleeding. Rest as much as you can. Your body has been through a lot.

I bled for about 4 weeks and then got my period even though I was breastfeeding around the clock. I'm just lucky that way. I now have an iud and I still get periods even though most people don't.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tired View Post
I had bleeding longer with my last baby.... and then discharge that seemed to last awhile longer than I wanted. But, 3 1/2 months out, things are fine, and crossing my fingers that my period stays away for a LONG, LONG time!

My OB actually suggested Mirena as contraception because of heavy periods. Before having children I was on the pill, but after I haven't been... and childbirth definitely made bleeding heavy. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do... and haven't read up on Mirena, but am just going to tread carefully since it is hormonal I think, and since I'm older I don't want to increase any cancer risks.

Add in the extra weight too.... UGH...

BUT..... for ducttapeissilver..... RELAX!!!! Don't try to do too much too soon!

I have a mirena. It made mine much much lighter, but they are longer. I spot for nearly two weeks. It does have low hormones. Much lower than BC pills.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'7"

I had my first child in December. I was so excited I didn't want to rest, I wanted to do everything and have everyone over to see her. I was WRONG! I bled for 3 full weeks and took a long time healing (I had 3 stitches). If I could do it again (and God willing I will someday) I would rest! Just focus on getting better and loving your new child...the rest will fall into place!

Now If I could only loose the weight...
byebyebabyweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I had lochia for nearly six weeks. It does get draining.

I had a c/s and nursed exclusively for about eight months. My PP period returned at 7 months PP.

Every woman is different.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
WOW! Were you breastfeeding? I am really really hoping that BFing will keep mine at bay for at least a few extra months!
Yes, I am exclusively breastfeeding. I haven't gotten it again though...and now I"m waiting for it so I can get my Mirena. With my first daughter I didn't get my period until she was 10 months old. It was awesome.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #13  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm six months pp and still no period. I hope it'll hold off for a few more months.

About the bleeding, mine was bad for about 3 days and then I spotted for almost 3 months. I just always kept a pantyliner on, although mine never gushed (not by the time I left the hospital, anyhow.) I hope it clears up soon! Rest will definitely help, although I'd imagine that's hard with a 3yo and a 5yo.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #14  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

With my first I had at least some bleeding for 5 weeks then got my PP period at 8 weeks. it sucked I'm really hoping this time around is different!
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote