Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default March preggos!

Hello ladies! I am 31 weeks, 3 days now. My shower was yesterday and it was wonderful! Lots of family and friends showed up. It was a jack and jill shower and I must say the men made me proud! They all stayed and watched us open ALL the presents and ooh'd and aah'd at the appropriate moments hahaha It was a great day!

I'm feeling pretty good. I've still been having some issues with my back and hips and am starting physical therapy tomorrow. I can't wait. I had back and hip issues before I was pregnant, and PT always helped so I'm hoping it will this time as well.

Other than that, just counting down the weeks. We have drywall up in the nursery now and the seams are taped. There are about 3 spots that still need drywall screwed up though. Then DH needs to mud, sand, and paint. We then need to install the floor and baseboard trim. Lots of work, but plenty of time (I hope!). It would just be REALLY nice to have a place to put all of the baby's things besides in bags in the basement.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/195/140

Height: 5'6''

Congratulations!!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #3  

Wow, where is everybody?!?! How was everyone's weekend?

On Saturday I slept late, then a friend came down to visit DH and I. We went out to dinner and saw The Watchmen. I liked it, but then I had read the graphic novel and enjoyed that. It was graphic, which a lot of people I know complained about (or commented on it) but its based on a graphic novel, so I don't know what they expected! On Sunday, DH and I went to my aunts' house. They couldn't make it to my shower because it was snowing. It was a nice visit. Then in the afternoon DH's new band played their first show. This band does only covers. The crowd really got into it and we had a good time. I was pooped at the end of the night though - very busy weekend. Too busy I think because Monday I woke up exhausted. I had to go back to sleep and call in late to work
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #4  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone...
I am 14w2d today. I am liking the second trimester! Nausea seems to be MUCH less, energy seems to be MUCH more! Got fitted for alterations for my sister's wedding in a few weeks. I put it off in case of sudden size changes. The dress looks great, you can't even tell I am pregnant! Since I am plus size though, I think it will be awhile before someone that doesn't know me will notice. I can see the small changes, but that's about it. So far I am up 1.4lbs from starting weight, down from being up 5.6lbs. I don't know if this is good or bad. I plan on talking to my dr at my next appt on the 26th. Other than that, not a whole lot going on here. I hope everyone is well!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 03-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

i've officially made it to 12 weeks! so happy to be here!

weekend was good. too short though. they always are! the nice weather around here was spoiling me (back to cold today). we spent all weekend outside and took walks the last two nights. now we are going to have cold weather again for the next few days at least. i'm ready for spring!

this week has been, and is going to continue to be, busy. i'm ready for the weekend, although i'm in a wedding on saturday so this weekend is going to go fast. thankfully the wedding is here! the dress didn't have to be altered much. i'm just happy to get past the point of wearing it!

friday i go to the doctor. i'm ready to hear that sweet little heartbeat again! past ready! with my dd i didn't worry about anything, i enjoyed everyday and never thought that anything bad could or would happen. the m/c took that from me. now i know that all pregnancies do not have happy endings. i think once i get to the point of feeling the baby move i will be good.

anyhow, hope all is going well with everybody else! dh is working tonight, so i am hoping for an early bed night!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #6  

33 weeks, 1 day!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

DH & I are on Cycle #2 of TTC. Hoping March is the lucky month! I have been off BCP since January & I think my cycles are still working themselves out. BUT I'm still hoping this month is the month. We are baby dancing right now, so I hope I can come bak & tell you in a few weeks that I am PG!

Congrats to all you preggos!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #8  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

I'm going for my 3 hour glucose test tomorrow, since I missed my 1 hour range by 4 freaking points. I'm not amused and I'm dreading having to do this. Ohhh well.

Vacation in 18 days. I'm so excited just to get out of town for a week. 12 1/2 weeks left!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #9  
Creative Beacher

Hello

I'm new here but I have been lurking for a while now. I am 12 weeks tomorrow! Yay! It seems like 12 weeks has taken forever!

jmb1981 - It looks like we are only a week apart

Chance0421 - Good luck! Try to be patient. I know, easier said than done.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls - I sort of dropped off the face of the earth during the end of the first trimester. UGH. I'm loving the 2nd one SO MUCH MORE! Only 174 more days.... *sigh*

I was wondering - how much has everyone gained so far? I'll be honest - when I found out I was preggo I went COMPLETELY crazy and gained #10 in 1 month!!! But I've since curbed that, and to date I've gained #11 - still high since I'm only 15 weeks.. but MUCH better then it would've been had I not caught it!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #11  
Creative Beacher

Enygirl, I have gained about 3 - 4 lbs so far but I am only 12 wks. I haven't gotten out of control yet but my appetite has become enormous! I have known girls that have gained a lot at the beginning, though, and then evened out later.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #12  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Enygirl--According the scale this morning I am 0.4 lbs down from what I was when I found out I was pregnant. I have been sick the last few days, living on soup and slurpees, so maybe I will go back up to the gain of 0.8lbs that I was at before I got sick. I had been up to a gain of 5.8lbs, but that is no more. I'm not really sure what is going on. I can tell my uterus is growing, b/c I can feel it. I go to the dr on the 26th and will talk to her more then.

I am 15w2d today! The 2nd trimester has been awesome! I am still tired, but I think that has to do with my cold more than being pregnant. So far things are great! After missing 2 days of work, I have a lot to catch up on! TTYL!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #13  

I'm doing good, have my 34 week appointment today (will be 34 weeks tomorrow). The nursery is coming along. All the drywall is sanded. DH needs to prime, then re-mud and re-sand a couple of times before he can paint it. That should be done this weekend. Next weekend a friend is going to come help install the floor. I can't wait to get all of her things out of the basement and actually set up somewhere.

Chance - Good luck TTC!

merry - Welcome and on your little one!

julie - How did the 3 hour glucose go?

Eny - I have gained 38 pounds so far and will be 34 weeks tomorrow. I tried eating my way through the nausea in the first trimester (bad idea!) and gained 14 pounds by the end of it. At that point the doc said there was nothing I could do, I had to keep gaining for the baby. I didn't want to go over 45 after that, and I think I'm on pretty good track for not exceeding that goal.

Misty - Sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm sure the doc won't be too overly concerned since you lost the weight due to illness.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I'm not pg anymore, but wanted to throw my hat in the ring for Eny. I gained 24 lbs in my first 29 weeks of pregnancy and then went on complete bedrest from weeks 29-37 (I was only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom and refill my water glass). In those 8 weeks I gained 31 lbs. So, 55 lbs total... whew! That's about 35 more lbs than I planned on, but I figure it is what it is. I also didn't plan on pre-eclampsia and being on bedrest to save the baby. It was all worth it, every single pound. My little man, along with his daddy, are the light of my life.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #15  

Morning ladies! I'm 35 weeks now, and getting BH much more often. Other than that, the pregnancy is still going great, nothing to complain about except back and hip problems exacerbated by the pregnancy, but I had them pre-pregnancy. How is everyone doing??
Closed Thread