Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Need help choosing a diet...

I'm 26 and have a 2 year old and 1 month old and am looking to lose about 30 lbs. from my two pregnancies. I am breastfeeding and so I need a plan that doesn't eliminate any of the food groups or limit calories too much.

I'm also living on a budget so I can't buy a lot of special diet foods...I pretty much only keep food in the house that my entire family can eat.

I've been looking at weight wachers online but don't have the money to do it right now. A budget friendly plan would be best for me. My husband gets fruits and veggies from work at cost so that part isn't a problem.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.8/190.4/150

Height: 5'5"

I love Weight Watchers!! There's no limiting of food groups, no expensive food to buy, it's just your normal everyday eating, but healthier and less of it! I'm not sure what your situation is but a lot of health insurances will cover weight watchers, or at least most of it.

The biggest thing when following WW is limiting your portions! Only eat one serving size of pasta, not filling your plate with it. Eat lots and lots of veggies since most are filling foods and 0 points!

There was a new study released, that was posted somewhere on this site, about the main key to losing weight it the calories!! If you watch your calories, get some exercise, eat smaller portions and eat lots of veggies you'll be on the right track! Wow, I just made it sound so easy :P

For me, I find that support is what works best for me, which is why I joined this website. I have support at my WW meetings, but that's only once a week.

Good luck with whatever diet you decide on!!!
Mandylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  
Meow

To be honest, calorie counting is a good "diet". IT is more about a lifestyle change instead of dieting. Check out the calorie counting forum!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #4  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

An eating lifestyle plan is what I started on Jan 1st, 2009. I have lost 25 pounds as of yesterday. I eat every 3 hours. I don't buy anthing special. Instead of eating say a sandwich for lunch I eat half of it at 10 am and the other half at 1 pm. The same goes for my dinner. I eat half of my dinner at 4 pm and the other half at 7 pm. I did make a few changes too: I did switch from regular soda to Coke Zero. I now drink 4 to 5 cups of hot tea each day. Eating every 3 hours allows me to never be hungry, never have cravings and it stopped my late evening bingeing.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #5  
Fat Cat

S/C/G: 199/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all the great advice! I lost a lot on South Beach but... gained it all back plus some. I am leaning towards weight watchers or just calorie counting. It's just that I am always hungry! Even if my belly is stretched tight from food, I am still hungry. What is wrong with me?????
catmalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I just started the ABS diet, eating a list of superfoods, i like seeing how many I can eat a day. I know this will work for me, I don't feel deprived at all.

I have lost 3 lbs so far, but don't know how to change my tracker.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'9''

I have tried every "diet" out there and especiallly weight watchers/calorie counting (I keep coming back to them because they seem most sensible). I just don't make it a day. I have reactive hypoglycemia so when my hunger hits it's insane. I can't seem to go more then 2-3 hours without eating so I'm thinking of that idea of eating every 3 hours. I also think I need less carbs (granted my carbs are all whole -grain and complex -- fruits, veggies, lean dairy and high fibers) and more protien.

Today I followed a 1800 calorie plan and I was so dizzy, light-headed and nauseaus that I had to spend most of the day laying down. It got so bad that I ended up pigging out on like 500 more calories just to get rid of the headache. Now there is no way I can lose weight on 2300 calories per day...1800 HAS to be enough?

I have the willpower, I have the disclipline and I have the drive...I just have no way to stop feeling ill everytime I cut back a little.

P.S. I do great on the exercise part and I'm nearly addicted to my walk away the pounds dvd's and my firm weights...it's the food part that gets me confused.

Last edited by hoosiermama; 03-04-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: P.S. I am 5'9 and weigh 250 lbs...I'd like to be around 165 or at least under 200.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote