Old 02-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #1  
srb9903

Default newbie to weight watchers

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to weight watchers and need to know if I need to use all my points (20) for the day or can I ear less then the 20 if I want?
Tanks for any help that is out there.
srb9903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi, and welcome!

You should eat all of your daily points, otherwise your body can go into starvation mode and your weight loss will slow. You can choose to use as few or as many of the flex points as you want, but make sure you eat the 20 daily points!

Good luck with WW- it's a great plan!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Congratulations Weight Watchers is a great plan. You should really eat all your daily and most of your additional 35. why might you ask, well as you weight drops so will your points. If eat less now your drop in points wont really be a drop makeing you weight loss harder and slower. If you feel your points target is too high than you might want to try using Low Fat items rather than No Fat, ect. this way keeping mindfull of what you put in your mouth. Best of luck with the plan.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #4  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Welcome! I try and eat most of my points for the day, as im sure most of us do! I would encourage you to use all of your points daily, because you don't want to be starving! I used to get really scared usually all of my points, but once I saw the weight coming off. I didn't mind usually all my points. I even use my 35 allowance points as well! Which was something I was scared of. I try not to use my FULL 35 every week. I usually use maybe half, but there are some weeks where i nearly use all 35. Now I dont go and blow my 35 on a piece of cheesecake, ill just have for example an extra piece of chicken and use that from my 35, or something like that. But hey if cheesecake is your thing and you want to use 35 points for it go ahead! Thats what the allowance points are for. I believe weight loss is not fun if you are depriving yourself from food. It will just leave you cranky and starving which together can be a really bad combination.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #5  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

** I didn't mind, I usually eat most of my points.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Being a point or two low on a day or two isn't a big deal - but you really should try and stay close to your full amount.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Height: 5' 5"

It is important to eat all your daily points. But, I don't usually eat many of my weekly 35. I use them mainly for those times when I need to eat another 0.5 or 1 point to finish my daily, but the only things I can think of that I want to eat are 2 or 3 points. So, that way I go a little over the points and I'm fine. But, you should make it a point to eat your daily points. There is always something healthy you can fit in.
Flower girl is offline   Reply With Quote