General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #1  

Default anyone watching the oscars?

Anyone watching the oscars and want to discuss? I love movies and this is always a fun night.

I was so thrilled for the Heath Ledger win, but thought it was a forgone conclusion. His family's speach was beautiful and so appropriate wasn't it?

Laura
BrighterPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #2  

apparently not.
BrighterPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm watching! I don't usually watch the Oscars because I get bored, but Hugh Jackman was hosting so...well, he's HOT.

Anyways, thought the opening was hilarious. And I agree with most of the awards. I got teary eyed during Heath Ledger's family's speech. He played such a GREAT part that he really deserved it.
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #4  
Operator265

Didn't watch, but saw some of the gowns on Yahoo. OMG what are these people thinking? I'm not big on fashion and all, but, I've been told I have good taste. These women got frills going on in all the wrong directions. Also, about half of them look like they are going to their own weddings. Do they actually pay people to pick this crap out for them?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 AM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

we watched the last two or so hours. i liked the format they had of having past winners come out and talk to talk nominees- it was really great.
Overall I'm happy with who I saw win- I was really excited for Kate Winslet I think she's amazing and I'm glad she won, though I have yet to see The Reader.

I might have to go check out some dresses now...

I thought that Heath Ledgers family did a nice job with their acceptance of his award.

Nothing really thrilled me this year. Last year I had to watch because I was dying for Once to win and when they did I almost started crying I was so happy for them. They really deserved it. Nothing this year really moved me to care at all who won and who lost.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

I never watch...but don't look down on people who do.

My mother-in-law was a seamstress in Hollywood and worked on a lot of movie/TV show sets. VERY FEW of the stars she worked for were human enough on the inside to deserve the self-gratifying awards they give out to each other. I would only root for the 5% of the Hollywood movie star population that was nice to my mother-in-law and since they're nice, they don't get awards. Only three of the stars that she's worked with were nice and they were Ellen Burstyn, Kyle Chandler and Jewel. Others, such as Rob Lowe, were total tools to her. I have a picture of my mother-in-law with Kyle Chandler on her lap because he liked HER so much, HE asked to have his picture taken with her. If I ever get it scanned, I'll post it. I love him.

Anyhow...no, I don't watch the award shows. But I do like to look at the nauseating things the women wear. Seriously, I saw Kiera Nightly wearing something once that looked like she'd wrapped herself in about $10 worth of gauze strips.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #7  

I saw the highlights today and enjoyed it!
Spiritinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

techwife...Your post didn't surprise me. Basically what I thought about most stars. I too love Kyle Chandler and have watched him from his early days on...he is also easy on the eyes.

I had the Oscars on the t.v., but was not paying much attention. I did not go to one movie this past year....and no one I cared about was up except Kate and thankfully she won hers.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote