Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default WW @ Home Feb 22-28 End of another month

Well my chickies it is the last week of this month and what a month it has been. I think the majority of us have had some kind of flu/cold that we are trying to get over so next month has to be better.

I have to say though that being sick was not all that bad (I am lying!) but this past week I lost 5lbs ....talk about not eating when sick. But the antibiotics have kicked in and my appetite has returned so I really have to watch what I am doing. Now if my energy would just return so I feel like exercising.

This week I am going to try and focus on eating all my fruit and veggies and eat less points in breads or snacks. So I guess I better get to menu planning and do a bit of grocery shopping. I will be so glad when more fresh veggies are in season.

Well I am off for a bit will check in with all of you later!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey Guys! After yesterday I am ready for a new effort to getting my healthy foods in. I had chili for luch, I will have an apple and carott snack, and fajitas for dinner. I think that gives me about 4 fruit/veg servings. I hope the scale reflects at least 3 pounds tomorrow. I am SOOOOOOO close to a 30 pound loss which would put me at 1/3 of the way done. Then after I lose 10 more I would be out of the 200's. Haven't been there in AGES!!! I can do this!!!! I am almost a 3rd of the way through in only 2 months!!! I know it willslow down but for now I am on a roll!
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

Hi everybody!!

Wow! I had dinner at my DD's and wine and didn't gain any weight! Whoo!
But mainly because I had so much exercise the day before (thank you hubby, for dragging me all over downtown Denver!!), so today I am eating my low fat muffins, soup for lunch and a big salad with meatloaf for dinner.
And an apple for a snack. Michelle, me too, I am at 210 also (need a new ticker) but this time I will get out of the 200s.
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

5 lbs nancy! Holy moly! Too bad you almost died or I'd say pass that bug on over here!

Do any of you use the 3 month journal? I'm almost thru mine (can you believe that??) and need another. Apparently you can't buy them on WW.com or else I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Michelle - fajitas for dinner sounds yums........I think I'll have to plan that for a dinner this week. I have to say that you are just doing awesome. I remember when you first started posting here. You have come so far! I'm so proud :sniff:

Linda - so you do you live in the Denver area? DF & I went to see a show at Redrocks a few years ago & I absolutely fell in love w/ Colorado. We were actually talking last nite about moving out of Iowa & where we would go & Colorado came up.

It's going to be an interested week, as my DF will be out of town for a couple of nites leaving me on my own. I've never spent a nite alone in this house before. I'm kinda nervous.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Good evening y'all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Only one more week and the month of Feburary will be history! I'm just ready for spring-time!
Trish~ The Kashi cereal is really good and filling. I really like the Kashi Honey Sunshine the best. It has 6 fiber grams and I usually add a banana and blueberries to it. I think it would be worth a try if you can find it.
Hope everyone has a great week and you see the results you are hoping for!!!!
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi! My name is Kathy. I've been doing WW since Dec. 29, 08. My weight loss has been very slow. I have been exercising more and can see a difference in my clothes, but not the scale. I'm trying not to let the scale be my weight loss thermometer, but sometimes it's hard. Today I realized that I am gaining more stamina and muscle. I took a 1.3 mile walk and before it took me 35-40 minutes today it only to 25 minutes.

I'm wondering if someone can answer a question for me. Since I've been exercising and feel a lot hungrier. I've been trying not to eat any of my activity points and very few of the flex points. Should I be eating more points? My WI is on Fridays, so I worked out yesterday and today and have 18 exercise points which I haven't used. My daily points are 29, so shoud I also eat my exercise points?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #7  

Linda-Meatloaf sounds delicious! I too am going to kiss the 200's goodbye for good. There is NO reason I ever have to be here again esp since WW has changed the way I eat.
Jill- I use the 3 month journals and you can only by them on the WW site if you subscribe to WW Online. I buy mine on Ebay and got my first one with my kit and just recently got one for $10 (worth every penny to me ) The fajitas were yummy and I had them in a bowl w/o tortillas, the filling is the best part anyways. Wow a move would be exciting!!! I would be scared though cause I have ALWAYS lived in Florida and wouldn't know what to do anywhere else, LOL. Too bad you live SOOOOOOOOOO far away or I would keep you company . We could have some non-food related fun, .
Kathy-Welcome! I do not ever use my activity points. I didn't used to use my Weekly Allowance points either but I have used them the past few weeks and lost quite well. I think that the activity points should be used only for a special occasion or unexpected overage. That's my opinion and apparently WW agrees since you can only use them if you have used all your WA points.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #8  

Hey Kathy.....have you lost 16 lbs since Dec 29th? That's not slow!! That's great.

I started on WW Dec 20th & have lost 15 lbs so you're one up on me

Michelle - Florida was somewhere we were talking bout. But DF is scared of hurricanes. IMO they can't be any worse than tornados right?

I've been online all nite. I just won 2 3 month journals on e-bay so I'm excited about that. E-bay can be so addicting. There was a serious bidding war & I finally won during the last 6 seconds. So fun!

Well, I should pay some attention to my DF now......nitey nite!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

LOL you all are way up on me with ww weight loss...I started in Aug and have only lost 23 as of this Sunday. Talk about slow LOL but that is ok for me. I know I do not have a large amount to lose but I would like to get back down to where I was before medication 7 years ago.

And wow fajitas, meatloaf....you are making me hungry and I just ate!

anyway I will check in tomorrow
Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #10  

Well, so far so good. Starting over sux, but I should be an expert at it by now.
I stayed mostly on plan today, so that's good.
Chef's, we are SE of Denver, in Aurora. I grew up in SE Denver and just sort of ended up staying. I love Denver, the mountains, but not all of the congestion. But I guess that's everywhere anymore.
Moving IS exciting. My DD might have to move to AZ. Again. They have moved 11 times in 14 years. I feel bad for their 14 year old.
Well, my stomach is upset and I wonder if it was the meatloaf? Beef doesn't agree with me these days. That should be a good thing?
And FL...I love FL!! We discovered Winter Garden last time we were down there. I loved it! Although it was almost hit by a hurricane 2 years ago, although it's inland. My DH loves storm chasing, but not hurricanes...
Well, past my bedtime, hope everyone is well or getting there!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Kathy- I do not eat my activity points either. Maybe include more protein in the meal you have before you exercise, and drink plenty of water before and even while you are walking- it may help you feel more full. Just a thought. Hope you find something that works for ya!
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #12  

Hi everyone!

Nothing much to report here.

It's taco salad day in our cafe!!

That's about as exciting as it gets for me right now. Nothing going on in my world. It's a Monday for sure.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Well it is the start of another day! For breakfast I ate a slice of left over veggie/thin thin crust pizza and an english muffin. Boy now that the worst of this flu is over my appetite is really back!

I am thinking though I want to make some of those fajitas for dinner tonight they sound really good.

Kathy sounds like you have a good thing going with the change in your body with all your exercise. I would say if you are hungry eat but eat sensibly, like more veggies and some protein, stay away from your breads and pasta if you can but that does not mean you can not treat yourself. Your body is your best gauge as to what you need.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #14  

Hey Guys! Well I was down 2.4 pounds for the week, YAY! I was really hoping for 3 but hey it's all good! My meals for the day not AS good. I had teddy grahams for breajfast and Wendys Spicy Chicken and fries for lunch. It's not so bad though I can have lots of fruits and veggies with dinner and not use too many WA points. The fries were SOOOOOOO good. LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #15  

well, DD came by early with a crises (what's new?) and I usually forget to eat when I am jolted from my routine, but I had a High-fiber muffina and coffe. Now I need to have lunch and keep on keepin' on!
Taco salad sounds wonderful! One of my favorites.
I need to get groceries. I love the @home books, but the menus have too much variety!
Right now, on a budget, I need lots of cheap meals and meals where you can cook once and make two meals from. Like rotisserie chicken and roast beef, I guess, but I am trying to stay away from beef. I seem to gain when I eat beef. Chicken, tuna, other fish....