UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6" (167cm)

Default Rub your ear to lose weight???

I know someone who has had a stitch put in her ear by an acupuncturist recently and she swears that she has already lost a stone in the last three weeks by rubbing her ear when she feels peckish. Has anyone else heard of this, or know of anyone else who has had it done? It sounds too good to be true, but if it really works then I consider £100 a bargain!

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/dian...39s.3124134.jp
dawnie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/205/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Paul McKenna uses this technique, check out his website for more tips and tricks he suggests. I found all of his stuff good with a grain of salt...
PleaseLuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #3  

Well I know another woman who says she is getting it done so I will wait and see the results before I decide to part with my hard earned cash. Imagine if it works though... how fantastic would that be??
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

When I was in my teens (and I am 50 y/y now), a lady I babysat for had a mini gold stud put in her ear, that she was told would help her lose weight: all she had to do when she felt hungry in between meals (for instance), was wiggle this little stud for so many seconds, and it was supposed to take her hunger pangs away. Whether it is really psychosomatic or not, is a matter of conjecture.

She didn't have much weight to lose anyways, but she did start eating better and she worked hard all day; but she did eventually lose a bit of weight, although I felt that it was really because of the changes she made in her lifestyle and eating habits that did it ~ she just cut out all the junk foods and eating in fast-food restaurants.

You can just do this yourself by rubbing or pressing on the center of your ear, from what I've read ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #5  

Well it's not the craziest way of losing weight I've ever heard but I'm still a bit cynical. Will keep on doing what I'm doing and see how other people get on with it before I consider it.
Now if there was a magic solution to keeping the damn weight off I'd pay a fortune for that!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #6  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

Height: 5'2"

A coworker of mine did that... for the first couple of weeks, she dropped a ton of weight, lost her appetite almost completely (practically had to be force-fed) but also lost all energy (probably due to lack of calories!)

The effects wore off after that, even with repeated treatments, and she gained back everything plus some.

Not worth it, in my opinion. I was going to try it when she was having great results, but then I am very gullible and will try almost anything to lose weight except hard work.
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

my mother did it in the 70s for a while. she lost weight but ended up hospitalized cause she wasnt eating enough and literally almost starved to death. from that id say it does work as an anti hunger thing, but works too good.. the dr's removed the metal thing from her ear and she gained it all back and then some.
Americaninuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 78kg/67.5kg/50kg

Height: 162cm

never heard of this.
But i do know you can improve your lymph circulation by massaging the "joint" area behind your ear, thus making ur face smaller.

sry, i know i sucks @ describing
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/235/185

Height: 5'3'

I guess it may work may be like reflexology
fatfree is offline   Reply With Quote