Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:31 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Question Crabbiness

I don't know if this is a common problem, but ever since I started Weight Watchers, I have been crabby and even experienced a couple days of the deep blues. Is this common?

I'm doing well OP and have already lost 9 pounds. I really like the program, but this emotion thing is bothering me. Anyone with comments?

186/176/170

Old 05-15-2002, 09:22 AM   #2  

Oh yes, I remember that feeling well. In fact, I had rollercoaster emotions throughout my loss. For me, it was difficult at first because I think I was coming to grips with the fact that I really needed to make a lifelong lifestyle change. I knew in my heart that this had to be a real commitment, or this attempt was going to be like all my other failed attempts. Eventually I convinced myself that I was going to make it this time (heard the "click"), and things started looking up and I actually became very excited about all the things I was doing to change myself. After that, there were the occasional down periods, where you feel like the weight isn't coming off fast enough or where you get a glimpse of yourself and think that you don't look as thin (yet) as you feel, but those moments seemed to come less and less for me as I approached my goal. Stick with it, and don't let those emotional downspells impede your progress.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:00 AM   #3  

Domina, congrats on losing 9 pounds! That's great.
Re: being crabby, I experienced that too, when I first started WW. I found that if I spread my points out more, over the day, then my mood was much better. I guess it kept my blood sugar from getting too low; I know that I can be very cranky when I'm hungry! So I try not to let myself get too hungry. I almost always bring a healthy snack or two to work with me, for mid-morning. Also try filling foods like potatoes, apples, oranges, and clear soups. hth,
Jan
Old 05-15-2002, 04:05 PM   #4  

Thanks. I guess I just wanted to know if what I was experiencing was normal.

I do take snacks to work and make sure that I get my points throughout the day. I don't know how I would do it otherwise!!

Old 05-21-2002, 05:12 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Domina..

I used to feel crappy too - it was the first few weeks. I felt like I was being punished. This time around - yes this is not my first time with WW - I haven't felt that. I have made sure that I am well rounded in all my foods, including junk food - I've just been making it fit.

Being crappy was very normal..
the only advice I can give is when you feel that way ask yourself if there is anything else besides food that will make you feel better. (food used to be my solution to all my problems) - I am now shopping more When I feel the "crappies" coming on I know I need a night out to go scrap booking! It's a wonderful feeling that knowing that I would rather do that then eat junk

Hope I helped...

Dana
235/224/212 10% mini goal
5 th week on WW - that's a record for me
Old 05-22-2002, 07:42 AM   #6  

Default Thanks, Dana

Thanks, Dana. I think I'm out of that crabby period right now. It was very strong the first couple weeks on Weight Watchers.

Just as you, I would use food to "make me feel better." How stupid was that?

Thanks for being there.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:44 PM   #7  

Domina,

You may be experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I know I did at first, and I've only been following WW for about a month. I blamed it on PMS (which may have been a partial explanation), but I know that a lot of it was the simple fact that I was purging the junk from my body and, like an addict, my body was reacting by turning me into a raging *****. I now budget my daily point spread to include 3 low fat choc chip cookies and a cup of coffee at mid afternoon. I needed the caffeine fix that I used to find in a Snicker bar and Coke.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:40 AM   #8  

Default Thanks, Redneck

Redneck,

Thanks for the insight (hmmm, raging *****?) You're probably right. I know that I was not eating correctly before. I've discovered vegetables again.

I think it's fun to look for creative low points snacks now.

Happy losing!
Closed Thread