Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305.4/TICKER/160

Height: 5'3" (160cm)

Exclamation Motivation??

I need some motivations...

I want to be thin, but Im not too fond of actually doing what it takes.. I have almost no self control... Im a compulsive over eater (though today I managed to make myself only eat fresh veggies and use homemade smooth hummus for a dip when i wanted to eat more ) And I HATE exercise!! I mean, I like it when I'm doing it, but I never find the motivation to actually get off the computer (and my butt) and actually do it..

any tips or anything???
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

awless, you may not have the motivation, but make the decision
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #3  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Perhaps make a list of all the things that losing the weight and being active will benefit you with. Like being a healthier person. or one of my personal ones on my list is not feeling limited to ANYTHING because of my weight! Helps me keep in mind what I'm working towards
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #4  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

It's funny, but the more I do, the more motivated I am. And the more motivated I am, the less I need!

I'm reminded of a quote by someone famous (whose name escapes me at the moment) that said something like "the harder I work, the luckier I get!"

This morning, for example, I woke up early. Like, 5am early. Goodness knows why, I'm not working today, but it's earlier than I get up even when I am.

So I decided that since I was awake I might as well get up and go for a run. Actually I didn't really decide, I just did it. It wasn't a conscious choice, it just kind of happened.

I don't feel particularly motivated at the moment, but I find that I am "accidentally" exercising nearly every day. I just put on my gear and do it.

Mind you, it's taken nearly 6 months of kicking my own butt for me to get to this stage.

So just get out and do it. Don't over-analyse things, don't question, don't look for motivation. Just do it, and you may find that you don't need motivation to continue!

Good luck.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #5  
No description available.

Discipline is more reliable than motivation.

Sometimes I want to exercise. Sometimes I don't.

Either way, I do it.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I think that the best thing that I did was I looked at exercise as my ME time... I use my gym time to work out all of my frustration, to sort things out in my mind and to just flat out focus on me.... I have actually become very possessive of my gym time.

To be honest - if something comes up and I have to miss a couple of days - I start to get a little moody/cranky and my husband will either gently ask me if I am going to make some time for the gym or he will look at me and say "Get thee to a gym".... LOL
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #7  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Unfortunately, motivation does not come in the form of a pill. It comes from a "kick in the pants". And you have the "magic" shoe. We can give words of inspiration, but you have to decide that this is something that you want. If not, then every excuse in the book will come back full force.

Now dont get me wrong. Your motivation is out there. Why do you want to lose weight? Answer that question honestly. Health? Okay. Those awesome pair of jeans? Cool. An ex boyfriend? Nice. But doing so will prevent you from giving up and driving to the nearest McDonalds.

Exercise can be fun. Typically people go to the gym, but if that does not float your boat, try something different. Think outside the box. Make daily goals with yourself. Today I will do 5 pushups. Today I will do 20 lunges. Then increase when you are ready. Breaking it up is a more doable task. And you will all reap the benefits.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote