Old 01-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Help, my willpower is fading fast

So it seems that I have no willpower. I keep finding myself reaching for things and putting them in my mouth! What is wrong with me?!?!?! I want the results at the end of the week but for some reason it seems like I am sabataging myself. My biggest thing is portion control for instance if I can have 56 grams of cereal for 2 pts I might put 70 grams in my bowl and still count it as 2 pts. I know that even the little things add up but it seems like I can't stop myself. Does anyone out there have any sugestions on what I can do to help myself. thanks.
ladybug20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 6

well it sounds like you already know what you're doing wrong. You're not counting your points honestly. I would start with counting your points honestly and then concentrate on fruits, vegetables, and lean protein as food choices.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #3  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i have terrible will power as well, so i might not be much help. but a couple things that help me... not keeping certain foods/snacks in the house, measuring everything i put in my mouth, getting away from the kitchen when i feel like snacking/binging and finding something to do like getting on this site or working out. honestly, today is one of those days for me, that's why i'm here!

are you planning ahead what you're going to eat for the day? are you eating all your WPA's and AP's?
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

well my tip is to use a few points for a daily favorite, chips chocolate etc.
If you are hungry all the time up your protien especially in the AM and I want to add it took me almost 2 weeks to get my food under control to be able to get with the plan.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/188.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I have had this problem in the past too. At least you are recognizing it though. The thing that helps me the most is to not have anything tempting in the house. No icecream, chocolate, etc is allowed, lol!
erynn1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270.4/248/150

Height: 5'8"

I agree with erynn1010.....I keep those foods I want most out of the house.

I also get all my veggies and fruit and salad cut up an ready to grab at anytime.
I also pick one thign that I don't give up! My daily piece of chocolate....could be some chocolate chips or just a ww candie.
pick7499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #7  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

I had a problem with portion control for all of my life, but when my mother and I joined Weight Watchers we bought the deluxe starter kit and it had a coupon in it I believe for three dollars off of the stainless steal serving/measuring spoons. They come in so handy. For example, if we're eating whole wheat pasta that night for dinner we'll use the one cup spoon and then serve it. It's so much better than measuring it with lets say a pyrex cup and then putting it onto my plate!

Theres a few quotes that I always keep in the back of my head.

One of them is what was in the WW food diary on the side. it said something like, dont risk something you want long term for something right now. I always think that when I want to eat something I know isnt good for me. I say, I know what my goal weight is, and yes this will make me happy now, but my long term goal is going to satisfy me way more.

The second quote is something my WW meeting leader always says. "choose your hard" its true. is it hard living your life overweight, or is it hard measuring and eating correctly? Its very cliche, but true.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/148/125

Height: 5'2

Wow I Love The Above"s Quote"s>
missjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Have you tried portioning cereal into baggies when you aren't hungry so that when you are hungry you can just grab one and not have the tempation to pour a little more? It's helped me to do it that way. Crackers, cereal, nuts, anything that comes in a box or bag gets put in serving size baggies with the points written on the baggies so that when I do get hungry and want something I'm not tempted to "pour a little more" or "grab just one more". Cereal is my biggest culprit with that, it's so tempting to just shake the box one more time!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #10  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Thanks Miss Jay, I Do Too!
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2QJandT View Post
Have you tried portioning cereal into baggies when you aren't hungry so that when you are hungry you can just grab one and not have the tempation to pour a little more? It's helped me to do it that way. Crackers, cereal, nuts, anything that comes in a box or bag gets put in serving size baggies with the points written on the baggies so that when I do get hungry and want something I'm not tempted to "pour a little more" or "grab just one more". Cereal is my biggest culprit with that, it's so tempting to just shake the box one more time!
I really like that idea! I've been doing that for veggies, but didn't really think about doing that for other things. Especially because we're always on the go! Thank you!
... I jumped off the wagon yesterday and today. It's my TOM and I have an insatiable craving for chocolate, plus the fact that I haven't been doing this very long... I'm going to start over once my TOM is over.. I think 2 or 3 days. I just need a fresh start. But I definitely like these tips to help me out also.
Thanks!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

i too have lost about 40 pounds, and for the past month or so have just been really lax on myself. i havent gained, which is great, but i havent lost any when i KNOW i could have. all of the above advice is great. i really like the 'choose your hard'. so true. would i rather say no to a couple cookies, or try and squeeze myself into my clothes after gaining!
sarasynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/222/125

First thing stand in front of your mirror and look at yourself say i am beautiful I am WORTH IT.. I can do this.. I think the suggestion of premeasuring things out into baggies would be really great for you while your working on your will power.. remember to journal journal journal.. if you bite lick taste it you need to write it.. weight watchers is such a great program.. I know you can do this.

When you are having a hard time with willpower keep some sugar free gum on hand pop it in your mouth it will help pass the craving... drink water lots of water.. and really think bout whether or not its worth it when you eat certain things..

You can do this.. when you feel like you want to have more than you should for a portion just be fair and count the points ffor it. if your having a rough day come here and post.. get out and move do anything to keep from having more..

and remember YOUR WORTH IT..
hunterandrogersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Ditto to what hunterandrogersmom said above...great advice!

Ladybug- Maybe it would help to plan a few splurges into your week so that you don't feel deprived.... For example, if you love sweets, maybe make a date to go out for coffee and a cookie after dinner one night. That way, you'll just have the one (instead of the whole box, like i would!) Just schedule it into your week count the points, enjoy it, and don't feel guilty.

Another thing I've been doing is if I'm going out for dinner or having a high-point treat, I'll try to do it within one or two days of my weigh in so that I have a week for any extra sodium to get out of my system. Starting my week off like this helps me feel like i'm not deprived, and then I end up making better choices for the rest of the week.

You can do it- just think how great you'll feel to see the number on the scale drop! I think that's the best source of willpower
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote