WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #1  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Default Looking for some filling, on-the-go breakfasts!

Looking for something I can grab on my way out the door, or toss in the micro-- that will keep me full till lunch. Any suggestions ? :-)
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #2  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

oatmeal?
you can blast it in the microwave and throw some chopped banana or chopped dates or something into it. i soak the oats in hot water for a few minutes first (while i'm having a shower or getting dressed) and then add a little milk and cook it for a few minutes, then add fruit (or not). healthy and filling and it lowers cholesterol too apparently.
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I've started to make 20 egg frittatas and freeze/fridge store them. I will warm them up in the morning when I need them. 1 is a serving and I eat a banana with them. They are filling for me.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

I make 3-4 servings of old fashioned oats in the evening and package up in zip locks, then at work I heat it up and add one TBL of peanut butter, super filling, you can add banana too.

OR, spray muffin tins, make a mixute of eggs finely chopped veggies, little bit of cheese and/or ham and bake in the tins. Then freeze. I also add left over brown rice to it for extra fiber.

Vanilla yogurt with honey bunches of oats on top is a favorite too
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Redflame, great idea on the muffin tin eggs. A few questions - how many eggs do you use, do you microwave and if so for how long? Also I have a freezer the size of a breadbox, if I made five on let's say Sunday evening would they last all week?
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #6  

I never want breakfast food in the morning (eggs for breakfast, yuck; eggs for dinner, yum), so I usually have peanut butter toast: 2 slices light bread (80 cal.) plus 1 T. natural peanut butter (90-100 cal., depending on brand) and half a banana (55 cal.). I have it with real cocoa (my daily chocolate fix) made with 1 c. skim milk and Lake Champlain cocoa (185 cal. total; the Aztec variety is delish).

I know that this breakfast is a bit high in calories, but I am a morning person, and it's easier for me to go lighter later in the day than it is in the morning.
mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/180/132

Height: 5' 6"

Default my two favorites

Firstly... thanks for the great ideas!

Here are mine:
Toast + p-nut butter + cinnamon
also,
Cut up an apple + sliced almonds or walnuts + shredded coconut
Debah121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Best portable filling breakfast I have found: take a 1 point whole wheat tortilla, spread it with a Tbsp of peanut butter, then wrap up a banana in it. It's about 6 points but will keep you satisfied for a LONG time! And it's super portable, since it's in its own little wrapper!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #9  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Wow-- those are all awesome ideas--I'm gonna try the muffin tin eggs-- maybe I'll throw one on an english muffin in the morn! Like an egg mc muffin!

For those of you who suggested peanut butter-- have you found a brand/type that is best or lowest in points?
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I've started to make 20 egg frittatas and freeze/fridge store them. I will warm them up in the morning when I need them. 1 is a serving and I eat a banana with them. They are filling for me.

How do you do your frittata?

Also, for something quick you can microwave egg whites for about 45 seconds and toss in a piece of fat-free cheese, or whatever else you want in it. If I have time, I like veggies with it--especially tomatoes.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Redflame, I really like your idea about the tins and am going to make some myself. How awesome that is.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #12  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for the awesome ideas I usually do oatmeal, ww yogurt and an apple for breakfast...I eat this on the go a good majority of my mornings!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:37 AM   #13  

Location: Ft Campbell KY/Clarksville TN - studying in Vancouver BC

S/C/G: 220/113/100

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeMeForSummer View Post
Wow-- those are all awesome ideas--I'm gonna try the muffin tin eggs-- maybe I'll throw one on an english muffin in the morn! Like an egg mc muffin!

For those of you who suggested peanut butter-- have you found a brand/type that is best or lowest in points?
Any of the peanut butters that are natural - i.e. Crazy Richards (5 points = 2 tablespoons) - are much better for you. Jif and Skippy are filled with sugar, salt, and random chemicals

Cashew butter (2 points = 1 tablespoon) and almond butter (3 points = 1 tablespoon) are also fantastic and taste great. They're flavourful enough you only need 1 tablespoon to be happy with it.
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #14  
Professional Dieter

S/C/G: 275/258/190

Height: 5"9

I make the egg/veggie mixture in the muffin tins too. I also add a little bit of salsa and it really keeps me satisfied. Another thing i will do is take a few pieces of low fat string cheese and wrap them with a slice of prosciutto and leave them in a ziplock in the fridge. I will grab one of these and an apple on my way out the door and it works great.

I also keep hummus and melba toast on hand all the time as this really helps me when i am in a hurry or hungry. It is a 3 point mini meal/snack and very satisfying.
SweetBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Thomas 100 calorie English Muffin
1 slice 2% Cheese (I like the taste better)
2 slices Land of Lakes Canadian Bacon.

Spray pan with a little olive spray, lightly toast muffin as well as bacon. Make a sandwich add the cheese (can melt quicker in the microwave)
3 points (5 grams of fiber) Very filling. You can always add a piece of fruit.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote