Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Wink Mini Goal: No Longer Dieting!

So I've been working a lot with my doctor on this weight loss journey, mainly because I have a list of health problems that outlast my tax forms. She said that one day it will get easier, that I won't think of it as a diet, and I think that is today...

I've been getting a lot of litter signs. Like watching my fiance eat a huge bowl of Cereal and look down to my mug serving. Tossing veggies in my cart at the market and not even going down the snack isle. I mean...I don't even WANT to, I'm not even curious! Then the big one hit...See I used to be a sucker for Peanut butter cups. Every time I would go to the gym I'd reward myself with one mini. My doctor said this was okay, and that it was a good motivational tool. Lately though they've been tasting funny...kind of...bad? So I bought a new bag (Doh!) and tried a fresh one...Still tasted funny. I mentioned this to my doctor and she said 'Eventually you'll begin to taste food without all the superficial addictions. Yes she said artificial things can be addictive... Such as you eat a lot of sugar every day and you need more and more to taste the sweetness. Candy is officially too sweet for me. Of course I replaced them with these..crayon shaped Popsicles. they're only 60 calories, and there's 6 grams of sugar in them, which is really good for one of my 2 snacks. Not only that but my blood sugar hasn't been spiking at all, actually it's been dipping really low (Mid 90s AFTER eating a meal?) and my doctor said it might be time to get off the diabetes meds.

So yeah the weight loss itself hasn't been going as fast, but I think I'll forgive my body considering all these other things are changing.

I'm excited.
Yay!
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #2  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

That's terrific it just goes to show it's not a "diet" but a lifestyle change. Good for you...and slow weight loss is good weight loss as it will be easier to keep off in the long run. Congrats on the weight loss so far it is tremendous.

Ann Marie
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Thank you! And you too!

Wow one more pound and it'll be 80 pounds down.
>.>...<.<
When did this happen?
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #4  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow! Diabetes gone!! You've done so well!! BTW - Rewarding yourself for food may be a bad idea, but you seem to be handling that well.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #5  

That is absolutly wonderful!!!!!

You're quite an inspirtation for me!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

How wonderful! You must be so proud of everything you've done.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

That is amazing progress And it's a hard step to come to terms with. As much as people around us can say "It's permanent" it's a real personal epiphany that has to take place.

And you've stuck around, and it's taken place. Amazing
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations!!!!! You are doing great!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote