Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/204/190

Height: 5'4

Default Do you feel like your on a diet?

I have been feeling really discouraged lately. I havnt lost a pound in a few days (I always freak out if I dont, even though I know it's normal), and am so used to my new lifestyle and way of eatting, I dont even feel like I'm working for anything anymore. I feel like I am slowly going to go back to my old ways (its a constant worry), espically since thats all that has ever happened in the past when trying to lose weight. I have only lost 40lb so far, I am no were near ready to be done. I just feel like theres somthing in me that theres no way I could ever continue, like this is it, 40lb, it's done. How do I get back on track and in the right mind set. Someone tell me this has happened to you and you where able to snap out of it.
x0me880x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #2  
FB

40 is a whole lot of weight! So congratulations, even if you don't feel like hearing it.

It could be exactly what you said - you are used to your new lifestyle and way of eating, so much so that you don't feel like it's work. That dahlink, is a good thing.

I've gotten down when the scale doesn't move. It happens. A lot. I've somehow managed to lose my weight despite it feeling like no work and the scale getting stuck every other day.

You're doing it!

To get excited again? I don't know. Try putting on older clothes, looking at before photos, rewriting your workout plan. Weight loss isn't always a mindset, it's your lifestyle.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm in a very similar situation to you -- about the same amount of weight lost, and the scale hasn't budged for me in a few weeks, although admittedly b/c I was a bit lax over the holidays.

Tonight, though, I decided to clean out my closet and put all of my high-weight clothes in storage (until I can sort through them and take them to Goodwill.) I went through and got rid of OVER FORTY POUNDS OF CLOTHES! I could barely lift the bags. It blew my mind that that huge amount of weight I could barely lift actually came off of my body too. What a great feeling. Plus, it's nice seeing how much room I have to fill with gorgeous goal-weight clothes when the time comes.

Good luck getting motivated again! You can do it!
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

XOme,

Its a slog...and we want it to happen like magic, at least I do. I've been pretty much where you are...except I haven't lost anything since mid-December. (OK, I think there have been some gains that I lost.) The reality is that this is how we have to live. I too am terrified that my old ways will just come back, I only know one thing for certain. If I don't watch it, they will.

I want to be smaller. I want to be healthier. I may not get to where I want to be, but I don't have to be larger and less healthy. Neither do you!

40 pounds is awesome. A famous quote is that "eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" For us, eternal vigilance is the price of health.

You can do it, don't give up. (This is why it is commitment and not motivation that brings us success. Motivation waxes and wanes. Commitment can stay.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

awww do not be discouraged!!! You can do it!!!!
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

I was feeling the same as you. I am so used to this whole conscious eating thing being so awful and unsatisfying, that being full and not starving makes me think i am doing it wrong. Today I have only eaten 1100 calories (I stay up late and wake up late, so I'm not depriving myself, I'll eat again later) and I feel fine! Usually by this point I'd be feeling terrible.
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #7  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

What about working toward something in your workout plan, maybe? I have been in a plateau for a month or so, and I recently decided to train for an 8K. The training has definitely shaken up my exercise routine, and I am seeing the results on the scale!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

I find myself constantly scared that I am going to give up or something will trigger a binge and I'll give up, or that I will lose hope if my weight stalls . . . It is so hard to trust myself, so I am constantly on guard (which I think that makes it worse!).

Anyway, when I don't feel like I am working hard enough I add a few more minutes, just a few, to my daily exercise. Or I will exercise one more day out of the week than usual. I'll take walks frequently and try to keep myself busy doing active things and I really do start to see more of a difference in the scale when I do this.

Last edited by heather88; 01-14-2009 at 08:25 PM.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote