Old 01-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Default I messed up this weekend but am back at it....

I am getting my act back together. My friends decided they wanted to have a girls night and the best place for it would be MY HOUSE. I really wanted to get together and reluctantly said yes....afterwards I was kind of mad at myself.

Anyway....I made dinner and went overboard with cooking. They ate and ate but the leftovers went to my friend the next day who came for dinner. Anything left from that I gave to my desk guards at my house. (They love a hot meal when they are sitting there in 20 degree weather.)

So it was not as bad as it could of been but it still was not the best situation. I am mad at myself for getting talked into having that small party the first week of my plan but I basically told them from now on ...one of them either has it or they go out. I can get a better handle on myself then.

So here I am back to recording my food and getting my backside in gear. Not too much damage but enough to make me ticked off.

My friend said he thought they were rude to even ask themselves over without saying "Hey would you mind??"

It is all water under the bridge now and I am not going to let that happen again.

How would you take that situation?
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I'm sorry it worked out that way, but so happy you're back on plan!

I actually prefer to have people over, because I can control exactly what is in my food.

However, let's say it wasn't a good weekend or something, I'd be honest with them about it. I'd say "It's not a good weekend to have people over, and I kind of want to relax instead of cook. Can we just go out?"
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #3  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Dont beat youself up for what happened, congratulate yourself for getting back to your plan!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

The most important thing is that you are stepping right back into the game! Good for you!!!!!

Last edited by Randi; 01-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.9/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I would just totally be honest with them, and let them know how you feel about it. I am sure they wouldn't want you feeling bad about it, and if they are good friends, I am sure they would understand. So for next time, just be upfront with them.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
autumns19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:15 AM   #6  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Thanks ladies for the encouragement.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #7  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like you did OK...Gotta have some fun in your life! you did it...got past it...got rid of it and moved on...
I think you did more good than harm...just have to work a little harder this week.
But next time...
INVITE US!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

IM glad you are back OP. I agree with the others, if you don't think it's a good time then you should step up and say something. Just tell them you are trying really hard to get into a good groove and once you feel you are there, you will be happy to have it over at your house. You can also use it to try out new recipes that are good for you. You never know, you may end up being an inspiration for them.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #9  

I'm glad you didn't let a minor slip up take you off the bandwagon completely! This happened to me so many times, and I'm determaned not to let it happen anymore! Even when I have my bad days, I still come & post here, and hold myself accountable for all my mistakes as well as my glory moments!

You've got the right attitude! Stick with it!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote