Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #1  

Default MRC6 Alternative??? Any ideas?

I used to belong, can't afford it anfd this time I am doing it from home. I am ordering on-line. THe only thing is I wish I could find an alternative to the MRC6 which I knwo was a key factor for me. Anyone have any info on this?
Als, the fat and carb blocker.
Would very much appreciate some help in this area.
Thanks!!!
Lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
I used to belong, can't afford it anfd this time I am doing it from home. I am ordering on-line. THe only thing is I wish I could find an alternative to the MRC6 which I knwo was a key factor for me. Anyone have any info on this?
Thanks!!!
The closest I've found to MRC-6 is this:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=506
There's a couple of ingredients that aren't the same, but it's pretty close. And WAY cheaper.

Can't help with the carb/fat blocker - I've never used them & don't know what's in the MRC brand. If you know what the ingredients are you might find something similar on iherb, or you could just do a search for a carb and fat blocker there & see if anything pops up. Just keep in mind that carb blockers only block starches - NOT sugar.

Last edited by Meemo; 01-10-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #3  

Thanks you so much for your quick response. I really think MRC 6 was the key!
Do you know if this alternative you mentioned can be bought at stores or only on-line?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #4  
Em

Quote:
Thanks you so much for your quick response. I really think MRC 6 was the key!
Do you know if this alternative you mentioned can be bought at stores or only on-line?
No idea - I've just gotten it online and haven't looked in stores for it.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #5  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Thanks!!!
I found Super Leci-Thins (by Nature's Life) at Vitamin Cottage, a health food store here in Colorado. I took the MRC6 bottle to the store and nearly all the ingredients match. It cost $10.78 for 180 tablets and only requires taking 3 per day.
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #6  

Thanks, I will look for them.
Currently I have been using
APPLE CIDER VINAGER DIET which I bought at Walmart. It is smilar too.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #7  
Fight Hungry!

S/C/G: 207/198/164

Height: 5'8"

I have a friend who just went back to MRC...and she was complaining about the price...I was especially surprised at the price of the protein drinks and she informed me that she can't buy anything similar because they don't list the ingredients for that item...so I told her I'd ask around to find out if anyone has found an alternative to the MRC protein drinks....any help??
SyvenaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

What items are able to be bought elsewhere and what and where do I buy them?? This program is draining my wedding budget
LauraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyvenaC View Post
I have a friend who just went back to MRC...and she was complaining about the price...I was especially surprised at the price of the protein drinks and she informed me that she can't buy anything similar because they don't list the ingredients for that item...so I told her I'd ask around to find out if anyone has found an alternative to the MRC protein drinks....any help??
You can order the protein drinks on dietdirect.com. There is a thread that lists other sites too. They are the the same thing. Just a different package. They are called Wonderslim. Be careful, there are some other meal replacement items there too.
WorkingARMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
You can order the protein drinks on dietdirect.com. There is a thread that lists other sites too. They are the the same thing. Just a different package. They are called Wonderslim. Be careful, there are some other meal replacement items there too.
I looked on that site and the items that are on sale are 7.99 and the regular priced ones are 9.99. my center sells them 10 for 90.00 so without paying shipping that is 9.00. is that just a good sale they are having?? what is the price that everyone else is paying at their centers??

Last edited by LauraM; 01-21-2009 at 10:12 PM.
LauraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraM View Post
I looked on that site and the items that are on sale are 7.99 and the regular priced ones are 9.99. my center sells them 10 for 90.00 so without paying shipping that is 9.00. is that just a good sale they are having?? what is the price that everyone else is paying at their centers??
My center does 5 for $55. So getting them for $9 is good. When I ordered off of diet direct I paid 9.59 or 9.99 because I misunderstood the qty breaks. You are better off getting them at your center. Unless you buy them in bulk and get the 7.99 usually with a larger order the shipping is free.
WorkingARMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #12  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
My center does 5 for $55. So getting them for $9 is good. When I ordered off of diet direct I paid 9.59 or 9.99 because I misunderstood the qty breaks. You are better off getting them at your center. Unless you buy them in bulk and get the 7.99 usually with a larger order the shipping is free.
True. It helps if you know someone else who's doing the plan so you can combine orders, I've gotten the price down to $7/box I think by combining with a couple of other people who'd been on MRC but weren't signed up at the time.

Last edited by Meemo; 01-22-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #13  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

bump
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote