Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #1  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Default What happens If I cant finish all my points?

Hi everyone! Just started WW this past Monday, and its going really well. I already lost 3 pounds. I was just wondering, I cant finish my points on some days..is that a bad thing? Somedays ill have 3 or 4 points left over.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #2  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey, congrats on starting WW! Out of all the diets i've tried, WW is my favorite by far. I too, sometimes have a few points left over, and that's ok. But I know they encourage you to use all of them, including the extra ones they give for the week.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Some days it's ok not to eat them all, especially if you simply are not hungry, but make that the exception rather than the rule. It's important for a variety of reasons to eat at LEAST your daily target number of points. This keeps your body happy and your metabolism working efficiently. I encourage people to use the weekly 35 as well, because if you can lose while eating more why not?
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #4  

I agree with suitejudy...argh I know it was the holidays but I've also not been eating all my points (sorry but when you are in the 30's in terms of points, it seems like far too much food) so I had initial weight loss of 5 pounds but am basically back where i started. My WW leader told me my body is going into starvation type mode (even though I'm not overly hungry) so its trying to conserve.

*sigh* gotta get back on track!!
gigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

If you're consistently having trouble eating all of your points, I suggest choosing a few foods that have higher points value for awhile.

Nuts, avocado, olives, fuller fat items of dairy. All are still healthy, they just have a few more points.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #6  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Thank you
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Keep in mind that as your weight goes down so does your points, you really should eat all of your daily points. You do not want to put yourself into a situation when hit a plataue because you have been eating the same amount of points for so long, because you were not eating enough to begin with.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #8  
g35

S/C/G: 243/193/160

ok, how do you stop "hording" your points? i've been on the program since early october, took december off for medical reasons, but now i'm back on full force. however, i still find myself eating minimal amounts during the day, even though i know how much i'm going to have for dinner ( i always plan ahead). i go into panic mode if i don't have at least 4 - 5pts left after dinner. but it's silly, because most days i end up leaving at least 3 pts on the table.

i know it's all psychological but does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can break this stupid cycle?

Last edited by g35; 01-15-2009 at 09:23 PM.
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35 View Post
ok, how do you stop "hording" your points? i've been on the program since early october, took december off for medical reasons, but now i'm back on full force. however, i still find myself eating minimal amounts during the day, even though i know how much i'm going to have for dinner ( i always plan ahead). i go into panic mode if i don't have at least 4 - 5pts left after dinner. but it's silly, because most days i end up leaving at 3 pts on the table.

i know it's all psychological but does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can break this stupid cycle?
I understand that panic of "no points left". I think the best way for me was to practice not having points after dinner. I scheduled a snack a few hours before dinner. I had my dinner as planned. And then I had something super busy to do after dinner so that my mind wasn't on food.

That first night actually went by pretty fast, so that by the time I was ready for bed I forgot that I didn't have any more points.

Not to mention even when we do use all our points, we still have the option of a veggie snack if we TRULY get hungry. I always keep that in mind now in case I get any ideas about hoarding points.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #10  
g35

S/C/G: 243/193/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I understand that panic of "no points left". I think the best way for me was to practice not having points after dinner. I scheduled a snack a few hours before dinner. I had my dinner as planned. And then I had something super busy to do after dinner so that my mind wasn't on food.

That first night actually went by pretty fast, so that by the time I was ready for bed I forgot that I didn't have any more points.

Not to mention even when we do use all our points, we still have the option of a veggie snack if we TRULY get hungry. I always keep that in mind now in case I get any ideas about hoarding points.
Thanks Faerie!

I think my biggest problem is that we normally have dinner around 6, 6:30p and we don't go to bed until after midnight (we can't have dinner any later because DD goes to bed at 8pm) So I am truly hungry before I go to bed and on those nights I do eat something (normally fruit or popcorn). However there are nights that I'm not hungry despite not having eaten all my points and I leave a generous amount of pts on the table.

I think deliberately eating all my points and not leaving any for "just in case" would send me into shear terror mode but I will give it a try.
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #11  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

I have the same problem, and I have found that if I have 3-5 points left at night I have a carnation instant breakfast! You just put the powder in with milk and shake, if you shake enough it gets kinda frothy like the WW shakes, and there a lot less! They have all sorts of flavors, and when you mix them with low fat or skim milk, you get some dairy for the day as well...(since I am younger I have to have a lot of milk) They taste really good, fill you up...not a lot just enough, and they are only like 3-4 points /depending on milk, and flavor. I just thought I would throw this out!!
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #12  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

g35- Use you extra weeky points as your back up "just in case." That's what they are there for! Maybe once a week I don't quite meet my daily points (I have a LOT- 39!), but the rest of the week I make myself eat them all. My brain is saying don't, because I want the most weight loss possible. But I force myself to have that last glass of milk before bed (can be anywhere from 3-4 points, depending on the glass).
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote