Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default Paul McKenna...

has anyone in the states seen or heard of this guy?

ive been watching his i can make you thin series on TV... and i dunno i guess i could go with what he says...
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I watched them the first time they were on. His theories make sense. However, I don't know that they are fool proof. Also, I think they are more for people who are looking to lose a little here and there. Not necessarily for someone who is ready to do a 180 turnaround on life this second. Know what I mean?

Last edited by HeatherMcG; 01-07-2009 at 05:57 PM.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I just actually heard an interview with him on the radio this morning!His book is a number 1 seller i think.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #4  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I have the 'I Can Make You Thin' hypnotism mp3 on my iPod and sometimes listen to it in my sleep as part of my 'sleeping' playlist. I swore by it last time I lost weight, but I don't notice it so much anymore.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #5  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

I have his newest book and dvd. I have used it for only 1 week and have lost 5 lbs. seemingly without effort. The hypnosis dvd is only half of the process. There are a lot of tricks in the book that I use too. I think I'm finally in control, and that is saying a lot for me. I started out several years ago at 206. I was 172 when I started here. But just kept jumping up and down. Each week would start out OK and then I would sabotage myself, never failed. But this week is different...So for me it is working!!!

It is not expensive through Amazon.com
tryingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Where did you get it from? and how much does it cost?
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hiya! Ok I don't live in the States but I felt like commenting on this one

At the moment in the UK they're showing Paul McKenna's I can Make You Thin TV show that was on over 5 weeks in the states. It's an episode each night this week so we don't have to wait 5 weeks to see it all. Anyway, I bought his book and CD and tried it out. So far it's working, though I've only been doing it since Monday. I've lost 1.8lbs so far and it's been really easy. The craving control bit is fantastic too, no chocolate for me (though I do feel a bit stupid doing it and my fiancé thought something was wrong with me when I was eating slowly!). The technique might not work for everyone but most of the things he's said kind of make sense to me so I thought I'd give it a go. Fingers crossed it keeps working! If it does I'll keep you updated once some significant weight drops off

I checked on Amazon too and his book and CD is $13.77, though it looks like that's the hardback one. I paid about £11 in the UK for the paperback version.
Anti222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I received the book and cd last night I'm going to reread the book to practice he techniques. . .The CD is great so far I listened last night and this morning and am so relaxed and energized. So we'll see!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

can someone explain a little more? this is hypnotism?
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I watched some of the episodes on youtube. I follow south beach but incorporate some of his ideas into it. ie I only eat SBD friendly foods that I like and only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I also just give in and eat a small portion of some "bad food" I'm craving if I really want it, as long as it's a controlled indulgence and not a binge.

I agree that his plan isn't foul proof, but eating that way gets rid of alot of the guilt associated with dieting.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti222 View Post
Hiya! Ok I don't live in the States but I felt like commenting on this one

At the moment in the UK they're showing Paul McKenna's I can Make You Thin TV show that was on over 5 weeks in the states. It's an episode each night this week so we don't have to wait 5 weeks to see it all. Anyway, I bought his book and CD and tried it out. So far it's working, though I've only been doing it since Monday. I've lost 1.8lbs so far and it's been really easy. The craving control bit is fantastic too, no chocolate for me (though I do feel a bit stupid doing it and my fiancé thought something was wrong with me when I was eating slowly!). The technique might not work for everyone but most of the things he's said kind of make sense to me so I thought I'd give it a go. Fingers crossed it keeps working! If it does I'll keep you updated once some significant weight drops off

I checked on Amazon too and his book and CD is $13.77, though it looks like that's the hardback one. I paid about £11 in the UK for the paperback version.

There seem to be two versions of his show on at the moment. I think he must have done a US version which I have taped and a UK version which I think I saw was on after the Biggest Loser.

I've got the book and it has got some really good tips for changing the way you eat as in the way you eat not what you eat. I only did the CD as it was a bit weird and I didn't like it but I'm going to give it another go.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I got the book and cd. Some good ideas and many tools to use. That's what I like. I just read it. It will be interesting to see how it goes for me.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote