Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

Smile Calling All Teachers

Any teachers out there interested in forming a support group?

Here is what I am thinking.....
daily weight and food log as well a few challenges throughout the semester. It would also be nice to have a place to discuss school related issues.
Let me know if you are interested.
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #2  

Im a teachers aide does that count? I love my job, but it is very physical and its one of the reasons I am losing weight. I am in a special ed pre k class, so lots of up and down, and chasing after kids.
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Count me in!!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/148/125

Height: 5'3"

Talking I'm in!!!

I am a preschool teacher who wants to lose 20 lbs, and get into better shape to really keep up with the active 3's I teach.
mommy7328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #5  

Neast- You bet teachers aide counts. I teach art and see special needs kids three days a week so I know how physically demanding your job is.
Way to go on your 5lb loss!

rileyozzy- 33lbs...WAY TO GO!!! You will have to share your plan with us.

mommy7328- I can feel you pain. I taught kindergarten for 16 years before moving to K-5 art so I know how much energy it takes to keep up with the little ones.

Here are my goals for 1/5-1/12
64 oz of water
30 mins of exercise 5+ days
Daily food Log
No eating after 8pm

I am going to start posting my weight every Monday, feel free to do the same. I will keep track of how much combined weight we loose.
Good Luck and thanks for joining in. All are welcome to jump on board at any time!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #6  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

Hi everybody!

I'm a first year teacher, glad to have found you all! I teach early childhood special education and I LOVE IT. Super stressful, but the payoffs are definitely worth it!

I would love a place to check in everyday, I've been a member of the site for quite awhile now but I'm still trying to find my niche! I signed up for a 8 week bootcamp class offered through my school district. It's pretty hardcore. It starts tomorrow, goes MWF, and I'm super nervous! I could definitely use the kick in the butt!

My goals for this week:
100 oz. of water
Staying OP with my food
Supplementing pilates and the push-up challenge (from the New Year, New You Challenge) with the bootcamp class I'm taking.

It should be a good week! Will post my weight tomorrow!
kmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #7  

Hi everyone, weighed in this morning and had lost 5 lbs!! Very excited about that. My goals this week are to keep up with my water, watch what I eat, and exercise at least 30 mins a day 5 days this week. While we were off I was able to exercise 1 hr a day, but I dont know if I can do that with my daughters homework, cheer practice, and games. My daughter also has social studies fair coming up so its going to be busy busy.

This will be a long week, but we can make it

Niki
Old 01-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #8  

I teach hs English so my big exercise at work is walking down to the library once a month. I love the idea of posting weekly goals. I feel good about losing 33 pounds but I have been "stuck" here for awhile and I need more motivation to keep going. This week I pledge to:

limit my diet soda intake to one a day or less
keep an accurate food journal
run 4x on the treadmill for 30 minutes
stay within my points

I do ww and I count points. I have been cheating over the holiday, but going back to work will help me stay busy. It's hard on vacation because I have two girls and I feel like I am getting snacks all day long.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #9  

I have taught for 20yrs. My first 16 yrs were spent teaching kindergarten and I have now been teaching K-5 art for 4 yrs. Monday-Thursday I teach 5th graders, on Friday I teach at a K-4 school. I see over 500 students each week. I am on my feet every minute that students are in my room plus I make numerous trips around the building daily. I wore a pedometer for a while and found that I usually walk over 10000 steps doing nothing other than my job. So WHY do I have a weight problem...well that would be the stress eating that I find myself doing when I get home.

kmelody- I am glad that you found us too. I have been a member here for over two years but have never found a place to fit in either...that is why I started this thread. I love your mini goals for 2009. I may try to set some for myself.

Niki-5lbs WAY TO GO!!!! There is nothing like seeing a lower number to get you motivated. I find it hard to fit in exercise when I am working. I am going to try to either walk before I leave school or do WII fit with my daughter as soon as I get home in the afternoons.

rileyozzy- Great goals for the week. I need to add limiting my diet coke consumption to my list.

Overview of goals-
got in about 48oz of water
did really good with my food log
got in my 30 mins of exercise
no eating after 8....

Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #10  

Today was the first day back from break and it was filled with inservice presentations about how bad the budget is. It was a very depressing day. Also, there were donuts in the morning and a long lunch so we went out, of course. I made bad food choices, but I did run for 30 minutes when I got home. I also didn't have any diet coke at dinner time. So, it wasn't a total wash. I hope everyone else had a good day back!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #11  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

I find that to be the worst! I'm trying to eat on plan but there's all kinds of tempting goodies in our lounge, ALWAYS!

Trob: 10000 steps, amazing! I too am guilty of the stress eating. I need to go to the gym instead I think. I just hate the crowds at this time of the day.

Off topic, but my kids were crazy today! It's taking everything I have tonight not to start shoveling some food in my mouth (stress!). I sure hope tomorrow is better! Hope you all are having a good week!
kmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelody View Post
Off topic, but my kids were crazy today! It's taking everything I have tonight not to start shoveling some food in my mouth (stress!). I sure hope tomorrow is better! Hope you all are having a good week!
Mine were too!! It was their first day back and trying to get 4 yr olds back into routine is I came home and worked out for 45 mins and felt much better!!How is everyone doing? I hope well!!

Talk Soon!
Niki
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #13  

Hey All, I had a pretty good day today all considered. I was able to meet all of my goals with the exception of the 64 oz of water...I think that I am going to have to work up to that slowly.
As for my students, they were really well behaved today. Knock on wood! Don't think that I will be so lucky tomorrow though; my Wednesday classes are some of the worst of the week.

rileyozzy- I hate in-service days...nothing but an all you can eat buffet with a long lunch out thrown in for good measure.

Kmelody- Our school has a lounge potluck once a month. I try my hardest to stay as far from the lounge as possible but you know how well that works.

Niki- Oh how well I remember the days of teaching kindergarten!

I know my weight loss is water but it still makes me happy...yes, I am a scale junkie.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #14  

Trob - Water weight counts in my book!! I will take any loss I can get.

I didn't work out today. I am exhausted. Tomorrow...
Old 01-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #15  

Looks like I am not the only one who wasn't able to post yesterday....I kept getting "server busy check back later".

Yesterday was not a good day. I did okay with my water and eating at breakfast and during school but pretty much blew it from 6:00 on. I went out to eat with extended family and we ended up at our favorite hometown burger joint. It wouldn’t have been so bad if I would have stopped there, but I was so stressed and tired by the time I got home that the eating continued. I finally went to bed at 9:30 just to make myself stop eating. But even with all of that, I was still down another pound this morning.

Today has been much better. I did some strength exercises during my lunch break and then took the dogs on a walk when I got home.