Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default new here, have a few questions

me and my husband are trying to have ã baby im exactly 300 pounds, has anyone else concieved around that weight? any complications?
bratbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/200/150

Height: 5'9

Hi,

I conceived at about 260 give or take a few pounds. I had previously been taking meds for PCOS, but they did nothing but make me sick. Two months later, bammo, I was pregnant. Oddly enough from the day I got Pregnant to the day I gave birth I lost weight. I gave birth weighing about 230, and was down to 220 in just weeks. I am currently stuck at 200 (after gaining 7lbs back, grrrr). Let me know if there are any specific questions you have. The only thing I can remember being told by the doctor was that an Epidural might not be possible, due to the extra fat along the spine. I didnt' end up needing one, but that was her only caution.

Best Wishes, Jen
jeninco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #3  

well that sucks I wanted an epideral! lol, do u know if its true that Bigger girls have ã harder time delivering vaginally? some people told me it was others say ceasarians harder
Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/200/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbeauty View Post
well that sucks I wanted an epideral! lol, do u know if its true that Bigger girls have ã harder time delivering vaginally? some people told me it was others say ceasarians harder
You know I only can speak from my own experience...I had an 18 minute labor, pushed twice, very slight tear that did need stitches, but I had a super fast and easy labor

Jen
jeninco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It is going to be hard to say how your delivery would be...because I have had 3 kids, and each labor and delivery was drastically different from one another.

If you are extremly obese, however, you are going to have higher risks than someone who is of a normal weight.

~If you would happen to need a c-section, it is harder for the doctor to perform the surgery on someone who is 300 pounds than it is on someone who is 200 pounds.

~If you are extremely overweight and not fit...you are going to be physically weaker and not have the endurance of someone who is more fit and physically active. (Some people have 2 hour labors...but others have marathon labors that last hours, even days...and if you are not in good physical condition, it is going to be much harder to endure.

~The more overweight you are, the more you are at risk of complications such as gestational diabetes, etc.

My advice would be for anyone who is obese and wanting to try and conceive-would be to start living a healthier lifestyle NOW, before conception. Even going from doing no exercise to a 15-20 minute walk each day, and even losing 10-20 pounds before conception will benefit your health.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #6  

Hi there!

I am very new to this board, but your post caught my eye. I weighed 275 when I got pregnant and was 310 at delivery. I developed pre-eclampsia and had an emergency c-section at 33 weeks gestation. They almost had to give me general anesthesia because of my weight but were able to do an epidural at the last minute. Because of my weight, recovery was awful and I still have complications. This could potentially have been avoided and/or I could have had less complications were I thinner at conception.

I would suggest that you get as fit as possible before getting pregnant.
encelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #7  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I know a few people who did conceive at around that weight but it was difficult and at least one developed gestational diabetes (I know skinny women can get that too). I honestly wouldn't recommend getting pregnant without losing weight. I hope you don't think that is mean. I am in the same place. I refuse to get pregnant while I'm overweight. If it happens by accident, I'll be happy but I am not "trying" until I get to a lower weight. Is there a reason you cannot wait?
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #8  

well I've been trying ã new diet but its hard for me to stick to it, n their things that run in my family that wouldn't allow me to have ã baby, n im around the age it all started for them so it worries me
Old 02-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

when i got pregnant with my first i was around 265 (i think). i had a c-section b/c the baby was too big and recovery was horrible! after much reading i believe recovery was due to my size. i got an infection at the incision site, which is more common among obese women. i am pregnant now and weighed about 285 when i became pregnant. i was at 310, was working on losing more, i wanted to be around 250 before we conceived again, but i am blessed to have another little one growing inside me! i did not have gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other complications with my first pregnancy. i am hoping to repeat that! anyhow, i guess i would recommend trying to lose weight before getting pregnant because it will be better for you and the baby in the long run.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 317/310/170

Height: 5ft 6

Default congrats jmb!

hope everything goes as well for you this time around. I got pregnant at around 270, had lovely pregnancy and easy birth (no epidural). I cant wait to lose enough weight to get pregnant again, I really want my son to have a bro or sis. Its my main motivation to lose but I know its harder on the baby to push through, the bigger u are the tighter fit it is for them and knowing my son started to struggle at the last stage because of my weight, I panic at the thought of giving birth at my size now. But every time is different. The healthier u can be the better it is. when im tempted to binge i ask myself do i want extra potato or whatever or a healthy little baby in front of me? chances of the latter are stronger with a little bit of effort
MissChelleB is offline   Reply With Quote