Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/173/149

Unhappy How did I let myself get like this?

I was thinking today how I let myself get this heavy? Why didn't I stop at 140 or 150 or 160?? How did i let myself go? Having my daughter isn't even an excuse...I was this weight when I got pregnant I just feel so blah. I really thought I would have made more progress by now. I think I need a kick in the butt!

At least I know I am not going to get an heavier, I will make sure of that. I am going to Mexico in March with my friend. (No baby, no husband!!) I really want to lose 20lbs by then. My girlfriend is very thin and pretty, I don't want to look like a fat,frumpy mom next to her!

I guess this doesn't really have a point! I'm just feeling blah and fat and unattractive!
emilychristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

It doesn't even matter, it's your past. What really matters is that your here now and doing something about it
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Good for you deciding that you aren't going to let yourself slide any further. I also think its good you have goal in mind, 20 lbs between now and March is a challenge but certainly doable. There's tons of info around here to get you going. Good Luck.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #4  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Girl! I am in the same boat. I did gain the weight with my pregnancy, but not all of it. I have like 5 pounds left to lose before I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight, so I was definitely overweight then.

We want to try to get pregnant again in March/April/May, at least that has been the plan, but I am TOO FAT to feel comfortable doing that if I don't lose any weight by then! I'd feel good about getting pregnant again if I was around 145-150, I think that's a much healthier weight for me.

So if you need a weight loss buddy let's do this! I'm tired of dwelling on my past habits and weight gain, I think it's really time to make a lifestyle change, and be healthy not just for myself but for my daughter and future kids too!

How old is your girl? Mine is 14 months!!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey, i didnt even get pregnant to get to my highest weight! We just stopped paying attention i guess, didnt listen to our bodies until it got that far. Thats ok, we're changing it now
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #6  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
hey, i didnt even get pregnant to get to my highest weight! We just stopped paying attention i guess, didnt listen to our bodies until it got that far. Thats ok, we're changing it now
Exactly. You think how do people do that and then it happens to you. It just does. Mainly from my experience I tried not to notice it was happening. A lb here a lb there. No biggie right?
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

yup, and the whole "im not as big as them, therefore its not that bad" thing. Very easily done
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #8  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I can totally understand your feeling. I gained about 30 lbs in the time I was studying, thinking it not a big deal, ignoring it, in fact. Until I was at my HW and at a certain point I was so sick of it. I did not want to be as heavy as I was. And even now I have these simmering thoughts "If I had just intervened earlier... if I'd done some exercise and watched what I ate a little better, I could have avoided all this trouble!"

Well, moaning over it does not help much now, now does it? It would be best to transform that energy into working towards your goal: losing the weight. Sure, it could have been avoided, and you'll be sure to do that in the future! Try to learn from your mistakes but don't beat yourself up for being human
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #9  
No failure!!!

S/C/G: 265/240/175

Height: 5'10"

I just joined today, and am having a very difficult time with losing the weight. I currently weigh 260 and woulde like to be 170. Thank you all for your great inspiration.

Mandy
nursemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
Girl! I am in the same boat. I did gain the weight with my pregnancy, but not all of it. I have like 5 pounds left to lose before I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight, so I was definitely overweight then.

We want to try to get pregnant again in March/April/May, at least that has been the plan, but I am TOO FAT to feel comfortable doing that if I don't lose any weight by then! I'd feel good about getting pregnant again if I was around 145-150, I think that's a much healthier weight for me.

So if you need a weight loss buddy let's do this! I'm tired of dwelling on my past habits and weight gain, I think it's really time to make a lifestyle change, and be healthy not just for myself but for my daughter and future kids too!

How old is your girl? Mine is 14 months!!

I would love a weight loss buddy! My daughter is 18 months old. I would like to have another one in the not too distant future, but same as you, I don't want to do it at this weight!!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #11  

thank you somuch for the support and kind words! I know this will be a long process and a complete lifestyle change. I'm glad I found this board!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #12  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

You really have come to the right place. Any time you are having a hard day staying on your plan, you can come here and say GIRLS I NEED HELP and everyone will, like, talk some sense into you and make you feel that motivation and purpose again. It's awesome.

That's probably the first step- come up with a plan. I have learned a LOT about calorie counting since joining this site and I used to be really against it thinking only crazy obsessed people counted calories. Turns out, I was wrong and it's the ONLY way to 100% be accountable for what you've put into your body (of course there are other ways, but this way you are staying within your boundaries) When I actually count my calories, the scale goes down.

I have found a TON of help on sparkpeople.com, that is where I count my calories. PM me if you need any advice on it if you decide to join that site. When I use it, and this forum, I always see the scale going down and feel better. But when I fudge, like I have been this last week or so, the scale goes back up and I feel crappy again.

Another big thing is exercise, and I would REALLY recommend joining one of the 30 Day Shred threads on here, and do that DVD by Jillian Michaels. In my first 30 days on it I lost about 3 pounds and 9 inches. I lose weight very slowly, but I seriously lsot so many inches all over! My thighs alone I lost 2 inches on each one! I'm starting it again soon, we are in the process of a big move right now so I have made tons of excuses NOT to do it but I need to because boy that DVD is a life saver. And less than 30 minutes a workout, too.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #13  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

I've been there before..but here might be a little motivation for you...i've been watching what I eat and exercising for ONE week..have lost 3.5lbs and I swear on my life my clothes are fitting better already I already feel so much better. Just start and you will be feeling great by march! 20lbs is very doable!
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #14  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

I have these days all the time LOL The one's where i feel "blah and unattractive" too. And I feel ya on the baby weight! That's what i'm trying to lose as well, and it's kickin my butt. But if you're going to Mexico in March, there is still time to lose that 20lbs girl, so don't give up!

P.S. Im lovin this 20-somethings forum! I feel like I can relate to all of you!

Last edited by misspiggy408; 12-19-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: fogot to add my "P.S."
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I think that a lot of us go through that "why didn't I fix this earlier?!?" moment. I once lost weight down to 120 pounds, and then gained back to almost 150. Why didn't I notice after the first few pounds and change my habits? I agree that the past is the past... but at the same time, it's good to realize it, and vow not to make that mistake again! It's sooo easy to regain (that's why so many people do!) and it takes some vigilance not to slip back into old habits.

Try to focus on the healthy changes you're making and think positively. The first step, deciding to get healthier, is something to be proud of in itself!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote