Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Default How Strict is the Forum about Duplicate Threads?

Hi, I'm new. I've only ever participated in one (much smaller) forum, where the mods were very concerned about duplicate threads. Certainly I would try to search out a keyword before starting a new thread, but if it's not instantly apparent, how strict is the forum?

Really liking this place, don't want to do the wrong thing.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Well ... I don't know how strict the mods are in various forums, but the problem is duplicate threads is that it's hard to maintain a flow of conversation because different people respond in different threads.

I'd say if you want people in another area to respond, post a thread saying "Hey I posted this here .. please provide your thoughts" and link. It's easier than having 3 different versions of the same thread going all over the board.

That's my non-official, non-moderator opinion.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think the precautions you are taking would normally be sufficient. I think the bigger concern (the moderators can correct me if I'm wrong) is one person posting nearly identical posts in multiple threads (sort of, an "I want everyone to see this," message).

Last edited by kaplods; 12-18-2008 at 09:02 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #4  
it's always something

I agree, it is hard to maintain an effective discussion when the topic is split up around the forum.

If you personally post the same question twice, then we consider that a duplicate thread and we will delete one of them. But if you post a question that someone else has posted before, it's not really a duplicate. It is probably more effective to join in the other existing conversation, but if you don't find it then it's ok to start your own.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Thanks!
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote