Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 05:16 AM   #1  

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - April 30th

PINK FLAMINGO OPEN for the day!

Just thought I'd start us off this morning. I should be getting dressed for work though. I ended my day yesterday at max points but feel good about it. I got ingredients at the store last night to make my own little Yogurt Parfaits. I think I'll put one together for breakfast this morning.

Joyce - My walk wasn't as long as yours. Didn't take me as long as I though it would to walk around 2 blocks.

Gail - Does Wayne have ESP or something? You know he's right don't you. Of course you do, you listened. If the doctor said to stay off of it....then stay off of it. You don't want a set-back.

Pat and Emmy - Missed you guys yesterday!

Ok, now here's a question. Is it possible that dreams can keep a person from getting a sound sleep? I swear I can't remember what I'm dreamin' about ...but I wake up feeling like I've just run a marathon or I'm at least awfully anxious about something. Can't remember what but I'm tired and I have this feeling this morning. Trying to figure out why...it may be related to the fact that I have to go to a viewing this evening and I'm NOT looking forward to it. I'd like to go before the family is there, yet I feel I need to be there for the family. UGH! Still haven't decided if I'm going to the funeral or not. Decisions Decisions.

Anyway, come on in and sit a while. Let's discuss what our plans are for the day. I'll be back later to give mine, ok?
Old 04-30-2002, 06:52 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Judy's Samantha arrives today!

Good morning Christine and to the rest of the PINKIES out there! Yep, I think he has ESP where I'm concerned! Anyway, I ended my evening at max points and thats okay with me! Congrats to you Christine for staying OP yesterday...and walking at lunchtime. I'm sure dreams are what cause us to have restless sleep and you may be feeling anxious about going to the viewing tonight--sorry you have to even think about going--is the deceased a friend (obviously) or a relative? I'm sorry about that.

My day...hmmm...well, when I left work yesterday I was thinking it was a good thing my inbox is on the top because its stacked with a LOT of work. I'm going to be extremely busy this morning--THAT I know. I don't know about this afternoon yet.

I'm sitting here with wet hair--I need to go blow dry it and get my lunch ready--I'll be back in here before I leave for work...
Old 04-30-2002, 08:04 AM   #3  

Morning Again!

Gail - I'm glad you didn't walk. You want that ankle to be totally heeled before you start walking again. And even then you'll need to start out with a flat terrain. The deceased is a 33 year old young mother from my Sunday School class. The doctor's found a mass on her kidney when she was pregnant with you last child. That child is now 3 years old, she's been fighting a long time. She's left behind her husband of only 9 years and three children..8, 5 and 3. Life is just so hard to understand sometimes.

Judy - Are you frantically preparing? What time will Sam be there today. Gosh I know you can't wait. I'm so excited for you....I love happy endings and reunions. Dang good thing I don't have PMS or I'd be bawling for you.

Ladies, I've just had a most delicious 4 point breakfast. 1 container of non-fat yougurt, 1 - 1/2 cups of strawberries diced up and 1/2 cup of Kashi Go-Lean Crunch. Layered into my own McD's Parfait. Actually I'm not quite done with it yet, I'm full. Try it sometime, it's great.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:32 AM   #4  
banned

Good morning PINKIES
Now I'm pi**ed. I wrote a HUGE post, a paragraph to everyone, and I had too many smilies...and lost it. I forgot to copy it in case I lost it! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg....

Now that I don't have enough time to try to type the whole thing again....here's the condensed version.

Sam is coming tonight....her flight arrives at 11:40. We're excited, so is she.

I had a good OP day yesterday...over by just 1...I tracked everything, drank my water, measured food. It feels GOOD to be in control. I'm planning on doing it again today.

OH I'm fuming over losing the post.... Christine did I read on yesterday's thread that you were having a hard time? I'm glad Gail was there for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know when you need a shoulder okay?

Did we have some MIA's yesterday? Sharon, Pat and emmy stop by when you can!

Gail Sorry you couldn't walk yet. I know how anxious you are, but please take care of healing first! Wayne knows you very well, doesn't he?

Joyce I love wearing capris in the summer... I avoid shorts at all costs.

Okay...definitely time to get ready for work. I'll try to post whenever I can. Mornings are probably not going to change too much around here. I might be a little scarce the next few days though. But I really do need to check in with you guys... it's the OP inspiration I need.

OH, and send those pics whenever you have a chance. I still plan on doing up the album.

I found some older pics of me that I was actually looking SKINNY! I can't remember FEELING skinny though...weird how we see ourselves sometimes eh?

Everyone have a GREAT OP day! I know I'm going to.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:34 AM   #5  
banned

Christine {{{hug}}} Thank you for being so excited for me. I can't wait to grab her up in a big tight hug.

Talk to y'all later!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:39 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

GOOD MORNING

Supposed to be another nice day here.

Gail - That's right - take it easy however long the doctor said. Don't want to make it worse. How is it that DH's know what we're thinking - maybe we've been with them TOO long? NAH - I wouldn't trade this one in.
Hope you can get some time to visit. Don't work too hard.

Christine - I think that things we are worrying about keep us awake, or not let us fall into a deep enough sleep. I do that when my kids are up to something, even though they are adults now, I still do it. Jade and her family flew to CA for a long weekend, came home last night. I had dreams about awful things involving planes and motorcycles. DS rides one, so had to get that in the dream too. Oh my gonna be a long day!!

That is so sad about your friend. So young. And those poor kids. I pray that the dad can be strong for those kids.

Judy - What are you up to today? I'm like Christine - I'm excited for you too.

Pat -

emmy -

Sharon - I hope things slow down for you soon.

I gotta go work.

Later
Old 04-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I'm at work. Piles of......................................stuff is on my desk....so what do I do first?! Come in here!

Joyce, I wouldn't trade dh in...its taken me too long to train him! Hmmm...he still throws me for a loop with some dad-fool thing he does from time to time but considering everything, I'll keep him!

Judy, Wayne says I still surprise him now and then--he's learned to never under-estimate me--he knows I hate that! Are you taking tomorrow off from work to be with Sam on her first day here? Do you think any of y'all will get any sleep at all tonight?!

Christine, I'm really sorry about your friend. So young. God bless her family. .....such a great idea--making your own parfaits! I love the McD's parfaits and they are filling.

Okay...need to do some..................................stuff.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:21 AM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

PAT!....ARE YOU TOO TIRED TO COME AND TELL US ABOUT YOUR DAY YESTERDAY?

...sorry I shouted but I wanted her to hear me...
Old 04-30-2002, 11:21 AM   #9  

Pinkies, I'm here... It's so nice to see that I have been missed Went to the dentist this am, pre-crown work... now I'm hurting!

Gail-You are doing great, but don't walk too soon. We don't want to have to a longer recovery. Yes at Hershey Park was a filming, not fun at all... too cold... and too long of a day! But we got 6 free tickets and $40 for each of us. Which we spent last night, $22 at Old Country buffet, I was good, had salad, carrots, beans, little bit of mashed potatoes, fish and piece of chicken. Then to K-Mart and picked up a small toy for each of them. Undershirt for all 3 kids (dd too). Home and to bed....

Christine-Thanks for asking, yes I had a jacket and windbreaker on yesterday. Are we walking today? The sun is shinning, wish it had been shining yesterday.

Joyce & Gail-Husband trading I know you're both teasing... that is great you both have a guy that love you and understand you as well as that... shows they care.

Joyce-Glad to see your doing so well on the program. Wish I could say that.. did really bad yesterday. They had snacks and lunches for us, but nothing that great. I stayed away from the chips, but did have one cookie

Judy-WOW, tonight is the night.. I am so happy for you... I know you have a lot to talk about. I know your counting hours now...

Sharon & Emmy - Hope to see the both of you soon.

I will come back later...
Old 04-30-2002, 12:25 PM   #10  

Ok someone explain the capris versus the crop pants, please. I saw some today at a store near work. Just wondered what was what or are they one in the same? My problem right now is that something like that wouldn't be appropriate work clothes. I get the feeling that I'm not dressing professional enough. And that irritates me, not that I'm not just that I feel I have too. My brain should be more important that how I work especially at WORK.

Judy - Ok, I'm going to be asleep this evening when she gets in...you did mean this evening right? Or is she there now? Gosh I'm so confused. Happy but confused.

Joyce - Maybe if I could remember my dreams I'd know what has me anxious and worried. It's really weird though. Might have to find someone to interpret my dreams once I remember them. LOL

Gail - Is yougurt considered milk only. Is there protein in that? I'm thinking that I need protein at every meal. I don't go gungho for the carb thing but I know I eat way too many carbs. Tuna fish for lunch....

Pat - I'm putting my sneakers on as soon as I'm done typing this. Need to go to post office for a stamp.

Sharon - I hope you get time to stop and wave during lunch today. How are you doing?

Emmy - Girl you didn't get lost did you? I'm hoping you're just busy.

Ok, I'm at 12 points for the day so far....
Immitation Yougurt Parfait 4/4
can of tuna 3/7
2 slices of high fiber low fat bread 1/8
2 lite string cheese 3/11
applesauce 1/12

I'll probably get something to snack on when I get back from walking. Ball Game this evening too. Yikes!
Old 04-30-2002, 12:41 PM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Well, this has been one of those days again and it seems like this is getting into a pattern--WORK. Ya know I think I was born to be rich cos I sure don't like workin'!

Christine, in answer to your yogurt/milk/protein question: I don't know. All my WW books are home and I'm stuck here. But I sure do agree with you about eating protein--I think THAT keeps me from getting the munchies. If I have protein at every meal then it seems I'm more satisfied. For example, this morning I didn't have milk and cereal, I ate an egg sandwich and you know my stomach hasn't growled and I haven't want to graze. Okay...pants length: it seems there are several different lengths out now: the short ones...that look like the old-fashioned pedal pushers are being called pedal pushers (duh!) or capris; the ones that are a little longer than mid-calf are called crop pants (these are my favorite)...and then I discovered the other day browsing through the Talbots catalogue there are now ankle pants and these pants had wide legs. About dressing professional...I get that feeling with myself sometimes--I usually wear dress pants or khakis paired with cotton sweaters (short sleeve and long sleeve) or sweater sets to work. I can't tell you the last time I wore a dress or skirt to work! And no...the crop pants and capris are not professional enough...although I have worn the crop pants to work--last summer but goodness no one was here to even see me!

Pat, of course you are missed when you're not here! Sounds like you had an awfully long day in cold weather! Now...are you and/or the kids going to be in a commerical or something? Or a MOVIE?! Husband trading?! Nooooooo...not gonna trade mine in...too much work to break another one in!

And speaking of food points: after lunch I will have eaten 14 points for the day--plenty left over for dinner and a snack later this evening!

Is everyone drinking their water? Y'all had better!

AND...the question everyone is asking is...

WHERE IS EMMY?
Old 04-30-2002, 12:47 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time

Just got back from another 15 minute walk. Sure is nice outside. If my hip hadn't started getting sore, I might not have come back in.

Christine - I have in my mind that capris are over the ankle and cropped is just below the knee. I remember capris from the 60's. Tight all the way down the leg to just above the ankle. Never could wear them. So many of these 'new' styles, I can remember from when I was little. Wonder when the poodle skirt with all the crenolins (?sp) is coming back?

Pat - Even if it wasn't so enjoyable at the park, you did get a good meal and some stuff for everyone. And today's a new day to start fresh. The thing I've been doing this time around is journaling everything. Sometimes it's scary. But for the most part, it is working for me.

Back to work

Going to LePeep's for lunch (where else!), gonna see Jade and ask her how the trip to see Mickey Mouse and Shamu (Sea World) went.........
Old 04-30-2002, 01:45 PM   #13  

Back from lunch and my (our) walk! I added a 2 servings size bag of Baked Lays to my already eaten lunch and I'm now at 16 points. I had planned on fish for supper. Don't know since we'll have a game to play.

Gail - Thanks for the pants descriptions. I though that a nice new outfit would be nice to wear when I meet you. Especially if we're going to "Slots".

Joyce - Oh I bet Jade's stories are cute about her trip. Let us know if she says anything unusually funny. Kids say the darndest things you know.

Ok, Sharon - I'm worried here. I'm e-mail you as soon as I'm done. Dang bosses anyhow...gonna send you a scuba mask so you can come up for air.

Emmy - I know you're working.......so I'll come back to talk to you later.

Judy - reaching down to tie a string around your ankle...stand still now There, now we'll be able to pull you back to earth after Sam's arrival.

Work calleth my name and I've tried to say that there's nobody here by that name but............................
Old 04-30-2002, 01:51 PM   #14  

ok, thanks for all the support, my head is pounding, not sure if it's cause I'm tired still or cause of the work done on my tooth.

Points for me so far

tuna - 2 pts (cat food like one of the guy's says as he passes my desk.
peanut butter - 3 pts
Oatmeal - 3 pts
Orange - 1 pt
Chef salad - ?
FF Ranch ?

Need to get some more work done... is it 5 yet?
Old 04-30-2002, 02:23 PM   #15  

Pat - The chef salad from there I usually count as 6 points minus the dressing. You had fat free Ranch and it should have been 1 point for that packet. 7 points altogether...8 points to be safe. (cheese is 3 points per oz. and I usually count turkey and ham at 1 point per 2 oz.) 8 points is a safe bet.
Closed Thread