Old 12-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default Feeling Really Sad

I just got my wedding pictures back and I was 15lbs heavier. I feel like I don't even want to get them printed because I look like such a fat lard. I am really depressed because I want the memories but looking at them just makes me feel bad. I am so sad and crying right now.
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I agree with Disgruntled!! You should look at them and be proud, like "oh my goodness look how much weight I lost!!" you should be proud! I'm proud of you girl!
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I just got my wedding pictures back today. I was 20 lbs heavier in my pictures and I am noticeably thinner now than i was then. But you know what? No matter what I weighed then, those are MY memories and nothing will keep me from getting them printed. So dry your tears and smile. Take a look at your special day!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Awwww, honey.

For starters? I get it.
I'm a picture-hater. I hate pictures of myself, I'm so judgmental when it comes to me, I've cried NUMEROUS times over pictures of myself. So, I get it. In that moment, with that(those) picture(s), you think you look like the most horrifically disgusting person on the face of the planet.

That being said... I refuse to believe that you look like a "fat lard" in your wedding pics. At 151 lbs, you would have to be 3 foot 5 to be truly horribly OBESE in my opinion. I'd LOVE to see these pics to absolutely prove you wrong. I bet you look beautiful, and are being just like me... overly critical of yourself. You need some unbiased opinions!

Those pictures should serve as a win-win for you, honey. They not only commemorate a time that was all about vowing to spend the rest of your life with the one who you love... but they also represent how far you've come from a point when you weren't happy in your own skin.

And if it really kills you specifically that you want these pictures to look absolutely perfect... there's always goooood old photoshop. The number of times I removed a pimple, or a hint of double-chin, or a blotch of mascara under my eyes from pictures...? Can't even count.

If you get the pics online, throw them up.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #5  

Everyone here really is so sweet. thanks guys.
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I am going through my wedding photos right now, too, and trying to decide which ones to keep, which ones to put in the album. I got marries 3 months ago, at 153 lbs, and am now 149, still 9 to 16 lbs higher than my goal weight. Although in some pics my arm looks chubby, or my face looks weird, I am getting as many pics into my album as possible! Because I know when I look back at them in 20 years, I'll only see a pretty girl and her handsome husband, and not worry about 15 extra pounds. When I look at my wedding pictures, I see:
My Best Day!
Please concentrate on your Happiness of the day when you look at them. And Remember, you can have your First Anniversary photo done and put in a prominent place in your house in a year.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I can also say that, even at goal, I found things not to like about my wedding pictures...things that absolutely CRUSHED me (like arm fat/skin hanging over the top of my strapless dress...in EVERY photo). When I first got the proofs back, it FREAKED me out and seemed to just BEAM OUT of every frame. Now, 2 years out, I look at those photos and don't see anything but happy memories.

My point is that right now, this is very raw emotionally for you, because the wedding is recent and you have probably been waiting for these photos for a while with a lot of anticipation. I promise it'll mellow out after time...it did for me, back-loose-skin-fat-roll and all.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I weighed my highest weight at my wedding, a hair's breadth from 400 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 150 lbs, but even then, after losing nearly 250 lbs, I sincerely hope that I am never ashamed of my wedding photos - that would break my heart. Tarnishing the memory of such an incredible day would be such a discredit to myself and my husband, and the magic of that day.

Please don't be ashamed of those photos, you deserve better than that. Are only super-hot, slim women allowed to show off their wedding photos? Do they have to put them away if they're now a few pounds slimmer (or fatter - so as no one can compare how they used to look). Or maybe only thin, gorgeous women should even be allowed to get married or have photos taken in the first place.

If that sounded harsh, go back and read it with the sweet, consoling tone I meant it in. I'm not trying to smack or shake you into a better mood (well maybe just a little, gentle shake), I'm just saying that your feelings are creating a situation that does not reflect reality, but rather a dark place you've chosen to go. You DO NOT have to go there, and you definitely don't have to stay there. Be proud of the woman you are now - but be proud of the woman you were on that day too - she's nothing to be ashamed of.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I looked like a fat lard in my wedding pictures too .. BUT i was a happy fat lard!! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #10  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Only one person who was not the photographer saw our wedding photos. I don't have issues with the way I look, I think I'm darn cute in fact.

However. I don't photograph well. I tend to make weird faces in the photos and look like I'm snarling or super high and it's just bad. People try to prove me wrong, people who are amazing portrait photographers...and then go home defeated because I'm right. Even in candid, didn't know you were taking that photos.

So!

Wedding pictures were god awful. Only person who saw them was my best friend who was stationed overseas at the time and even she said that I should hide them away to never again be seen.

One of the few things that made me thankful about Hurricane Katrina was that those horrible horrible things were washed out into the Gulf of Mexico ;>

Also, ironically, the one really awesome picture I took was a driver's license several years ago.

So, you know, you don't have to love your wedding photos, but I don't think you should be ashamed of them. I'm sure you looked amazingly happy and gorgeous. And not like a little camera demon tickled your nose at the wrong moment like he does to me ;>
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

I know how you feel. My wedding pics I was actually 14 lbs lighter than I am now, but about 30 lbs heavier than I had been before. I hated the way my arms looked & I was so worried I was going to be self-conscious the whole day.

BUT I made my mind up that I was going to have a blast. I have been in love with Josh for 6 years & I was going to enjoy every second of our wedding. I felt so loved & adored by not only him, but by the family & friends who were there to share in our wedding that I didn't even think for one second about my fat arms. So, now when I look at the pictures that are all around our house, I am filled with warm memories of the best day when I married my sweetheart.
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Don't get upset about the pictures. Throughout life we are always changing and it sounds like you are making a change for the better. I know you may be heavier in your wedding pictures but I'm sure you looked gorgeous. Just remember you married the love of your life and he loves you no matter what!
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Height: 5'7"

Listen, your weight has probably stolen so much from you in the past. Don't let it ruin one of your happiest days. Five years from now when you look back on your wedding, you're going to remember marrying the man you love, not how much you weighed. Look of those pictures and smile because you're doubly blessed: you got married AND you lost weight!
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote