PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking PCOS WL Support December

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support December Thread!

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc.........

PCOS Definition:

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – A genetically-linked hormonal imbalance that prevents ovulation. PCOS also may cause overproduction of estrogen, abnormal thickening of the uterine lining, very heavy and/or irregular periods, as well as acne and facial hair. The latter are caused by an overproduction of male hormones, including testosterone. -- There are tons of info out there on the web, so if you want more info, just go to your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc) and type in PCOS. Another great site (besides this one of course for info is: Soul Cysters. Also here are a couple links for Forum Abbreviations: Basic Forum Abbreviations and the TTC/Infertility Abbreviations

So please come and join us, won't you? If you or someone you know has PCOS and you want support in WL and just general everyday support, please come and join us. You do not have to necessarily have to be TTC or not TTC. I am currently not TTC, but if you are, then that is wonderful too. If you do not have PCOS and maybe are just curious about the disease, then feel free to join us as well. Everybody is Welcome!!

Can't believe another month is gone........only 23 Days
13 Hours, 25 Minutes left until Christmas! But who's counting! lol.

My Goals to be completed before the end of 08':

1) to finally make an appt to see a gyn and keep it!
2) to continue eating healthy
3) incorporate some sort of exercise

So far I have accomplished:

Changing my hair style and color, wearing make-up, dressing nicer. Being more open with people, continuing to lower my blood sugar/cholesterol, and basically being a more positive, happier person!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

Happy December and Merry Christmas! Man, has this year flown by. So many resolutions to make for the next year. Of course, there is always the weight thing. But my biggest one is probably, not so much TV. Not only for myself, but for my kids as well. I also want to get everyone in my family eating healthy.
My DH went to his endocrinologist today, he has type 1 diabetes. His doc is sending him to a cardiologist. BIG wake up call (I hope). He has a horrible family history of heart disease.
I hope everyone has a wonderful December.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #3  
~Believe~

Hi Xray. I was beginning to wonder if anybody was ever gonna post in here. lol. But I know December is a very busy time of year for everybody. So the thread is here if anybody needs it.

Sorry to hear about your DH. I have type II Diabetes. Either way its not fun, thats for sure.

Happy December and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

Good morning! Sorry I haven't been by. Christmas season is a whirlwind for the family business, and I've been spread reeeeeal thin.

Xray, I'm sorry about your DH, but at least he found out so he knows how to manage his health for a nice long life.

I fell and hurt my ankle a couple of days ago, and it looks like I will probably not be exercising for another week or two. This is a horrible thing to happen in conjunction with holiday food!!! I'm just thankful I didn't break it, so I'll have to repay the favor with being as "good" as possible.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #5  

Jennifer-Hope your ankle is doing better.

I think my DH has gotten his wake up call, finally. He has been talking about exercising more because he does not want to die early, like his uncles. He has been diabetic since he was 17. He had a case of mono and it destroyed his pancreatic functions. He has been doing really well with it until the past year or so. I guess it has finally caught up with him.

I have got to get back on the motivation wagon, especially with the holidays peeking around the corner.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #6  

Just wondering where everyone is.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

HEY!!!!!!!

Just been working like a madman over here. I have GOT to get carbs under control. I'm hardly moving with the ankle thing, and now eating lots of bread and pasta - it's the easiest thing to eat at work. But I have to change my whole plan back to the way it SHOULD be, because I've gained 5 pounds!! I need to get back to salads and smoothies. I bet my boots I lose 5 pounds in 5 days.

You know how you get thirsty when you can't eat or drink before bloodwork? Or you want milk when you have a fever? Well I want to exercise like mad! And I can't. I can walk slowly, if I pay attention (otherwise the wobbly ankle goes down again). That's about it.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Hi everybody!

I know it's December and cookies and treats abound, so how are you doing at keeping it at arms length?

The church across the street from me brought over a plate of cookies (they did it for all of the businesses on our street) and I ate 3 of them. (at least they were small) I tucked them out of sight, and it seems like I kept running in to them, so I just threw them away. I hated to do that, but it was either me or the cookie.

The ankle is still troublesome. I must have chipped something. The limp is gone, but I still can't touch it or turn it all the way in. And it's still swollen. So still no exercise for me...I think I better get an xray.

Last edited by Jennifer 3FC; 12-13-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #9  
~Believe~

Hi Jenn.

So far, no treats, but tonight is my DH's Bday Party, so I am sure I will at least have a piece of cake. I'm sooooo nervous!!! I hope everything goes well!!! this is the first time we've ever thrown one for my DH, so I just hope and pray that it all goes smoothly!!!

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it heals quickly!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  

I have been doing absolutely horrible with the treats! One of the docs that I work with brought in one of my favorite candies, jordan almonds. I ate so many I felt sick from all of the sugar. At least the almonds are good for you . I wasn't paying any attention to how many I was eating. Last night we had a Christmas party. They had catered in Italian food. I did really well. I filled half my plate up with salad, and I only had a few bites of lasagna. I have two more Christmas parties before actual Christmas.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sassy-Hope your DH's b-day goes well for everyone.

Jenn-I really hope your ankle gets better soon.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #11  
Hopeless Romantic

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all!

I'm new here and want to introduce myself. I have PCOS 24 yrs old and trying hard to lose weight just want to chat with ladies who are going thru the same thing as me. I found this website to be really great so far!! Happy Holidays and ughhhhh how will I stay away from all the food

Last edited by dys24; 12-15-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #12  

Why do I do this to myself?!? We had a Christmas party today at work. We all brought in food. I tried not to eat too much. I ate till I was satisfied, but now I feel horrible! Why do I continue to do something that gives only temporary pleasure then makes me feel horrible for even longer?
Old 12-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #13  
WW Moderator

Xray, I'm sorry. I can't get the idea to fully develop either that long term pain is more important that short term bliss. Maybe I should try meditation. I wonder if there is subconscious impatience in the mix there...

Welcome dys24 - 40 pounds is great!

My ankle is slowly getting better. Slow is driving me crazy, but it's better than nothing. Some days it swells and some days nothing at all, which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I still should probably get it checked out, but I'm being stubborn for some reason.

I'm not cooking anything unhealthy for Christmas dinner at our house, how about you ladies? (That's the plan anyway )
Old 12-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #14  

Jen-I am not cooking anything unhealthy myself, but I'm sure other family members are. I do have to make my mashed potatoes (as requested by my MIL). Those are soooooo fattening.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #15  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hey everyone!!

I was away for a while because someone kept reading my postings but I came to the conclusion that SHE will continue to stalk me so WHATEVER! I dont want to stay away because I dont want my stalker (that seems to admire my friend and myself sooo much) to keep me away from my new found friends :-D PM me if you want the details LOL

Anywho! I started going back to the gym. Round 10,000 (well not really) may be it. So, I am sticking to that. Trying to eat healthy. Subway is my friend lol

I hope everyone is doing awesome! I will be back to post more often. Not really caring anymore.

:-)
Closed Thread