Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #1  
Depressed Fatty

S/C/G: 233/220/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy What to think

In about 7th grade. I started to tell myself that every food was disgusting and that it smelled horrible. I convinced myself that. I stopped eating for a few months and went from a size 14 to a size 7. I got a new boyfriend and his mom loved to look, so I started eating again, and then went up to size 20, where I'm at now. I eat even if I'm not hungry. Ice cream, cookies, brownies, Any time of the day. It's starting to be embarassing for me, I do this infront of my thin boyfriend, and I feel guilty and depressed. I think "Ok, I'm going to stop right now.", We eat out at fast food every night, sometimes even twice. I'll get a salad from burger king or somewhere and tell myself, I'm going to eat healthy. But it lasts a mere 10 mins before I'm chomping on snacks. Please help me. How do I stop!?
cadilynnro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Ok, it's a log process. Record food, ESPECIALLY binges. Look at the times of day you binge, where you are when you binge, and how you feel before and after binges.

Also, learn that beating yourself and feeling guilty is like saying to yourself 'you have another reason to binge because you suck!' so its a viscious circle. But really before you can stop, you need to discover the root of the problem. Good luck and keep us in informed!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #3  
Depressed Fatty

That's a good idea. I'm always at my boyfriend's when I eat all those snacks. His family buys so many goodies. I made the calorie counter thing, on the side you can see, I already had some cookies today, lol.

Thanks for your response, I will pay more attention to those things.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/199

Also, as you are learning about why you binge, remember to treat yourself nicely. You cannot learn and judge at the same time.

The thing you described from 7th grade reminded me of myself. In second grade, I had a bad bout of stomach flu which caused me to lose weight that I didn't need to lose (I only weighed 45 pounds, which is what my normal sized 4 year old ways now!) and after that I had a hard time eating anything- the mere sight of food would make me gag. Then, in college I was very depressed and lived on one 20 oz bottle of orange soda a day. I had no desire to eat anything. These, and your example, are all forms of disordered eating. Binge eating is also disordered eating. There is a reason we are using our relationship with food to deal with something else. If possible, is there a counselor or someone you can talk to about this?

Take care!
4me4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  
Depressed Fatty

Hmm, I had a counselor before to deal with anger and such. I didn't really like going there, the lady seemed more interested in my sex life than anything. Are there websites you can go to, to get like an online counselor or something? I would be interested in that. I was in college too, but I dropped out, due to depression & anxiety. I'm on Effexor XR right now, it doesn't seem to be working, doc told me to call him in 3 weeks to tell him if I like it or not.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I look at the food in a binge now and say, "this is not the answer" even aloud! Try to think about why you are binging and make a concious effort NOT to do fast food. Thats no way for you to live! You are worth more than this. The weight loss is worth the effort.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

In order to overcome binging, you need to come to an understanding with yourself, and begin understanding yourself. Don't accept any quick fixes, you need to spend some time thinking about why you feel like you do about food.

There's a lot of good posts about this on the "Chicks In Control" part of this board.

Here's my own account of how I stopped binging:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153830
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote