Old 11-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/163/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Speculation on any food list changes?

Hi, I'm new to this site. I don't care for the WW Core message board that much.

I know we know nothing about the new plan, but I was wondering if you think there might be any changes to the food list? There are a few things that I wonder about. One is soy sausage. A Morningstar Farms veggie burger is Core but a MF sausage patty is not...and there's really no difference, except that the soy sausage sometimes has less fat and more protein.

Pasta maybe shouldn't be Core, even whole wheat pasta. It's made out of flour and ww bread isn't Core so I don't get pasta.

Of course, I guess you're not supposed to question WW ... they just **know**, but I am really curious about the changes. I think Core is a great program that would be even better with a few tweaks.
IngridonWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

These mysterious changes.... I wish I knew what was going on

I think the difference between the morningstar products might be in the ingredients? Perhaps the sausage patties are made with more non-core items?

I'm a big believer in taking a program and tweaking it to suit your individual needs. If you have a hard time with not over-eating pasta, then why not take pasta out of the Core list and make yourself count points for it when you have it? I mean, as it stands the reasoning behind the food list is a little foggy already (is it because of nutritional value? carb count? people's perceived abilities to control themselves around a certain food?)... there is no reason why you can't modify it to make it your own. (That way, too, the changes won't be such a big deal - if you already have something that works for YOU, and WW suddenly tells you to stop doing it, would you stop doing it?)

All that being said, welcome to 3FC. It's ok to question WW here. We're all here to learn from one another and if that means questioning a diet plan, so be it

[sorry if that was a little disjointed, i have been writing all day and my brain is tired.]

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 11-19-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: food list... not foot list... *doh*
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote