Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

Default ugh i need motivation

So I just started dating someone new and I really like him and all but the problem is I always feel lower than him. He never makes me feel that way, its just my own insecurities...Here's why:

He is a firefighter and in super good shape (ran 4 miles in 34 minutes with a 65lb vest on lol)...and then there is me who's got some extra pudge. I have already lost almost 40 lbs since when I first started, but still I feel like I'm not good enough. All this should be motivation enough for me to hit the gym and eat right...but with the long school days I never seem to do so great at either!

Just need some support Thanks all!
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Aww, honey, I know it's rough! The first thing I would say is try not to compare yourself to him. Easier said than done, right? I think my boyfriend is a cutie, and I constantly question why he's with me. (Until he does something stupid, then I'm like, "Ah, right, you're a JACKASS. " )
That being said, he obviously adores you regardless, so at this point... he's not your motivation. YOU being happy and healthy and pumped up and starting to get more and more FABULOUS is your motivation!

YOU LOST 40 LBS! That's such a fantastic victory, and so inspirational. And the fact that you're an inspiration to other people means you need to now work on inspiring yourself!

Honesty time. I'm in school too, and I have a job, and I'm stressed ALL THE TIME. I hate waking up in the morning, and dragging my butt to the gym first thing in the a.m. before I've wiped the sleep out of my eyes is a horrible experience.
So, you say that the long school days hold you back, right? What time do your classes start, and what time does the gym open? I firmly believe that you can MAKE time. It's just hard to muster the motivation to WANT to, and even harder to admit that you're not going out of laziness. (I *just* started going to the gym again. I told people that my classes and work got in the way... in reality, my bed was super warm at 6:30 am, and the outside world was cold, and full of treadmills. )

Why don't you join in on the Biggest Loser Challenge with us, and you can benefit from the support of having a team to encourage you to get to the gym and eat well, etc.?
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Firstly, wow nice catch! Secondly, he obviously likes you as you are, so you really shouldnt feel lower than him (easier said than done right?). Maybe you could exercise with him? Go on leisurely jogs together? :hug" you've lost 40 pounds, thats amazing already just keep doing what you've been doing, battle through those hard long school days
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.5/163/145

Height: 5'9"

Looks like the universe is sending you some hot firefighter loving for all your hard work. I know it's hard, but try and feel lucky and blessed and deserving rather than insecure. And always remember he's getting you out of this deal - and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone after you if he didn't think you were gorgeous and awesome (which I'm sure you are too). I wish you two the best of luck, and continued success with your weight loss!
icanhasfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #5  
g33k

S/C/G: 181/172/135

Height: 5'7"

Ok blackbelt...I just looked at your profile.

Honey, you are a BOMBSHELL! Obviously its not just your fantastic personality that that boy was after! Don't be insecure - let your desire to get more in shape fuel your workouts and help you get there, but holy moly, you don't need to worry about not being attractive. Sexy lady!
skychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 AM   #6  

Aww you are all so sweet! Thanks to each and every one of you for the flattering compliments and wonderful motivation.

Jelbb, you are totally right about the bed being too warm. I think the Biggest loser challenge would be great for me right now, cuz unfortunately I'm okay with letting myself slip sometimes...but not when others are involved lol! Its not too late to join? How do I go about doing it? Thanks all!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #7  
Queen Yo-yo

uhhhhhhhhhhh.

Let's just publicize this, shall we?

Ahem. You're sex on a stick, honey.

And to join, you ask me. The blue team hasn't had any extra players added to it yet, so would you like to join it?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

holy crap! - If you are insecure there may not be hope for me.

You are HOT!
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #9  

Lol thank-you both.

Thin4Good, there is hope for all of us because we are all beautiful!

Jelbb I would love to join it please!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #10  
Queen Yo-yo

I introduced you, go join into the Biggest Loser Blue Team Thread, and you're set. you'll have to give them your current weight and your goal weight, and ask them to recalculate the figures they've give me!
Cheers!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Blackbelt...You're gorgeous!!! You def shouldn't even consider the fact hes not attracted to you.

You've lost 40lbs already and if you wanna lose more, you will! For you and no one else!!

I know its easier said that done, I always felt my bf was better looking and def in better shape, but yah know what...I got over it! And you should too! We've been together 4 years and no little stick figure has stolen him from me yet (try as they might, haha) So eliminate all those negative thoughts and focus on what you've already accomplished!!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote