Old 11-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Red face Dodged THAT bullet!

Holy carp! lol! My hubby is out picking up a pizza for dinner tonight. I used fit day and found out the calorie count for a slice of large meat/veggie pizza was like 270 cals. So I figured I could have two and stay within my calorie range for the day.

And then I went and googled "calorie count costco pizza" (where we are getting it from.. and found out that EVERY SLICE HAS 680 CALS! And I was going to eat TWO!!!

Holy moly! So Jeff's out picking up the pizza for THEM and I'm baking two salmon fillets, a baked potato and some green beens for ME. Scary man.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Good job doing your research!! It's always so helpful to do it before you eat. 680 a slice is nuts! Last night we made home made pizza that was delicious! I love when I can control the calorie count and have a yummy meal!

My hubby is Jeff too.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

see homemade pizza was on the menu. I use whole wheat pita bread, 2 T tomato paste, cup of cooked chicken, cm of cheese 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup red pepper. IT'S SO GOOD. But I'm having a crappy emotional day combined with a toothache and didn't want to cook. So I sent Jeff out for that...

well THEY enjoyed their pizza and I REALLY enjoyed my salmon et all. I found this glorious terriaki seasoning by Epicure that is salt free and SO YUMMY! Good dinner.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner and didn't give into the pizza. Good Job!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #5  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

A few years ago when I was a fair bit over 300 lbs I went to a personal trainer. She was an angel and convinced me to get a physical which was so important an probably saved my life.

Anyhow back then she said it would make her happy if I never ate another slice of pizza again, lol. She had done a lot of research into pizza and gave me some articles. Now I have had pizza from time to time, but I eat a whole lot less of it that I did before! It's now a rare treat.

So even though I don't swear off foods for good, I think the less pizza (commercial, not homemade) that I eat, the better.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Oh and here's another Costco tip - Did you know that there are 60 grams of fat in one Costco muffin, even the bran muffins?
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Dang - how do they fit that many calories into one slice of pizza? Must be some new calorie smooshing technique

Kudos to you on not eating it.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #8  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Great job not eating it..

One of the problems with those pizza's is that their slices are like double or triple the size of a "normal" slice. So that doesn't surprise me that they are so high in the calorie count. Most ALL of their dishes are on the "larger portion" size. It is really sad that they don't make these things a little smaller and more health friendly.
Monkeybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

Yep their slices are DOUBLE slices. It's gross. I didn't even crave it when I was sitting there. Blech.

I used to eat their muffins when I was in college. HUGE calories. Huge! I stay away from them now ... no matter how freaking good they are
Old 11-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Awesome job looking up your calories! Bravo. I do it too! You could always take one piece and chop in two--that way you could still have two pieces. The salmon sounds better anyway though. I made some last night. You will have to let me know how you fix yours--the seasoning sounds YUM. Did you put anything else on it?

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 11-09-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

nope just the seasoning! It's salt free and SO FREAKING GOOD! I'm not sure if epicure is anywhere but canada though... hmmm.

I buy 3 oz fillets and bake them for 14 minutes at 375 in my convection oven. No oil or anything.