Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss Centers Closing

Hi!

I'm Laura Orlowski, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I'm not a member of LA Weight Loss, but I was thinking of checking it out.

Last week on our local news they said that LA Weight Loss is closing their Milwaukee area centers. I hope that none of your centers are closing.

I saw the Woman's World/First articles on Wendy Chant's Crack the Fat Loss Code. I purchased the book and have read it. I'm just getting up the courage to start the program.

My best to everyone,
Laura
LauraV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/197

Default minnesota center

i was informed today my center in roseville mn is closing at the end of this month....i believe all of minnesota is closing anyone know???
pattijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #3  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Are you serious? I live in Minnesota and this is the first one I've heard of closing here. I knew it was only a matter of time!! Good thing I didn't give into the pressure of them "making" me buy more weeks.

Last edited by dawn78; 11-04-2008 at 04:37 PM.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #4  

I just called my COD and they said, no, they are not closing. There are some centers in Minnesota that are closing, but she said the Minneapolis, Rochester and Mankato area centers are not closing. The centers that are closing are poor performing centers. They hope that by closing these centers the sales at the remaining centers will get a boost.

Whatever, I’m sure it’s still a matter of time!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #5  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I mentioned this in the Portland thread, but I was told by the manager of my COD, who has always been really straightforward with what is going on, that eventually ALL the LAWL centers will be closing and will be switching over to LA to go. If the hours of your COD get cut way back to a few days a week or just 6-8 hours a day, then you only have about 3-4 weeks before they close the doors. Ours closes on Nov. 14th. I don't know how or if they are going to generate new clients on the LA to go. I guess it's just wait and see.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

Dawn- I just love the profile pic of your kid's. They are so cute! And the baby is getting so big!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'2

Here is a link to an article about it:
http://www.franchisepick.com/pure-we...400-locations/
etherence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #8  
Deb on LAWL

Etherence- That is the article for all the Pure WL centers that closed all of the sudden in Jan. Those were most of the situations where they just let the employees know at the last minute and didn't give much notice if any to the clients. They were a separate entity from the LAWL centers when all this happened. This is a different situation, in most cases, with the centers closing now.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #9  

I was going to the Roseville location until my job changed and now am going to the Edina COD. The hours there have cut and the manager is done after this week. My goal is to get all my lites first and then either find a different location or just use this site for encouragement. I don't think the LA to go is going to be a good option because I need to have someone "see" me to keep me on plan! I hope it stays open for a couple more weeks to get me ready for the holidays.
achennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #10  

Deb - Thanks for the compliment on the kids, but I really need to update that picture because it's over a year old. Oops! Yeah, my baby will be 2 on Valentines Day and I still haven’t gotten the baby weight off. Oops again!

BTW, it's good to have you back on the boards!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/204/150

Height: 5'6''

Default centers closing

I'm new to this site, and I'm so glad I found it. I found out on Saturday that my center in Rochester, MN is closing....in two weeks. The manager there has been really great, and she gave me all the lites that I had paid for. She gave me info on the LA to go, and I guess I'll give that a try.
knit1purl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #12  

The Gal At The Roseville Location Has Been Awesome, Talked With Her Today About La On The Go Vs Getting A Rebate, Since This Amount Is Minor Compared To What I Paid..i Think I Will Do The La On The Go And See What Happens, I Did A New Thread To Get Others Opinions To See If This Has Been A Success..this Is Really To Bad Since It Has Been Helping Me And I Actully Looked Forward To Being Weighed In To See My Loss..good luck To All
Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #13  

Just called my COD again in Mankato and Yep, they're closing at the end of the month. They told me to come to my next appointment and they'll go over everything with me. Pattijo, you mentioned getting a rebate, what exactly did they offer you?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #14  

Dawn, What I Had Was A Friend And Family Pkg That I Got 1st Of September 2008 12 Months Weight Loss/12 Months Main And Stablization Totl Of 2 Years..i Paid Round 289/plus 149 Member I Thought?? Anyhow My Rebate Back Is 68-70 Dollars..what A Slap In The Face..anyhow That Is Why I Am Going To Do The La On The Go..i Know It Is A Chance But If The File Bankruptcy I Get Nothing And If They Dont At Least I Get My Moneys Worth...
Old 11-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #15  

Default Duluth, MN site to close Nov 21

Sadly, our LA weight loss clinic is closing on November 21. There were signs...fewer and fewer hours, fewer and fewer employees. Thankfully, I lost the weight I wanted to lose and as of last Friday, I hit one year of maintaining a 96+ lb weight loss. Though I'm sad to see them close and concerned about my ability to "do it on my own", I think I know what to do and with the help of the 3 Fat Chicks web site, I know I can continue to maintain my weight loss. What I may lose is the rebate I had earned for keeping the weight off for a year. However, the current manager gave me all my LA book and copies of all the paperwork she submitted along with phone numbers and addresses. Don't know that any of it will do me any good, but I'll keep trying. If anyone hears of the MN attorney general filing a lawsuit, I'd like to know about it!
goalsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote