Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 120/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Default free food

My trigger is free food...

I cannot turn down anything if it is free! If someone offers me something, I will eat it. If someone tells me to take a box of pizza home from an event, I'll eat it.

I'm a student in college, and free food helps out a lot - except the free food is mostly junk like pizza and candy. This week especially, people were giving out free chocolate bars, cookies, and etc and I ate 4 fun size candy bars today alone!

I know it's more of a mental thing, but I just cannot turn down something that is free.. and I have a whole pizza in the fridge that I took home from an event, and ate 2 slices because I am worried it's going to go bad soon! I know I should throw the damn thing out but I can't because I feel like I'm wasting it!

Any advice?
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #2  

I totally understand that. I'm way past my collage days, but anything free is still appreciated. I think if you make an effort to keep your diet balanced you should still be able to accept the freebies when they come. Hey, it's resourceful, right? I can't bare to waste perfectly good food. For instance, the pizza, did you know you can freeze it (when you have kids to feed you learn to make stuff last)? Maybe you could plan to have one piece at a time with salad or veggies, if it fits into your plan that way. Just really make sure your using the free stuff in a way that still works with a healthy lifestyle. Now chocloate and candy, that's a little different. I know you can freeze some of that too, but it's harder to justify with a healthy eating plan. Not a lot of nutrition to that stuff, so maybe you should pass on that. But think about whether stuff is freezable, and if your not sure then try it before you toss it. You might be able to save stuff longer and eat it more slowly, making it last and helping you to stay on plan.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It comes down to this. You can continue to take the food so it isnt 'wasted' but you're going to be unhealthy, find it harder to lose weight and your going to fill your body with all kinds of rubbish.

You can turn it down and lose the weight. No it isnt easy, but its worth it. Eating till your satisfied and putting down the food isn't wasting it, its a normal and natural thing to do. If you really really want it you will say no. It might take time to reach that point but dont worry you will. Until then, practice saying 'no!'

Last edited by Spoz; 11-03-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 120/120/115

Height: 5'2"

You guys are right - thanks

And I will definitely put some pizza in the freezer, but not all of it ^^
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

The food is free money-wise, but I try to think of it this way: it wastes the rest of my hard work.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote