Old 10-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default Was Medifast Your First Choice?

Out of all the diets you tried which one was the easiest to stick to and maintain. List your top 3. I'm sure Medifast is gonna be the first one for everyone. I'm weighing my options with other plans and trying to decide which one to go for.
choklateice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #2  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Medifast by far is Easiest and Works the Best for me! NO hunger helps me so much!

Jenny Craig second, SLOW losing but great food and if losing slow doesn't bother you and you can afford their extremely expensive food, it's great!

Physicians Weight Loss is Third, did it YEARS Ago, a lot like Medifast as you go into Ketosis. It works too!

Medifast Rocks though and is a no brainer for me these days! Best of Luck in your decision!
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Height: 5'6"

What is MediFast? Appetite suppressants are something I respond well to.

~Diana

Last edited by Diana Castilleja; 10-25-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Diana Castilleja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Medifast is not an appetite suppressant, though I find that I do not get hungry and it does help with cravings.
Medifast has been around for over 20years. It is a meal replacement diet plan that has been studied and recommended by doctors for years. It works very well but is very restrictive.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Thanks djay. I found it online. It's not something I can afford.

~Diana
Diana Castilleja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #6  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Choclateice,

1. MediFast
2. MediFast
3. MediFast

Never have I been on a plan that has kept me satisfied & motivated for 3 weeks straight. 3 weeks may not seem like a long time for some, but for me it is a major accomplishment. I'm a picky eater, not picky in the sense that it has to be "good quality" but whatever it is, it HAS TO TASTE GOOD.
This MF food is not bad at all. The fact that you eat every few hours is a great bonus to me. I said it in a post yesterday, if I had not procrastinated a few months back, I would right now be 2 months ahead in my progress. If you are very leary try the 2 week plan & if you dont care for it take advantage of the guarentee that Dan explained. You just might be pleasantly suprised.
Best wishes whatever you decide.
TwoBThinAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #7  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

The only "diet" I had done before was calorie-counting while eating healthy foods (veggies, whole grains, nuts, fruits). Not sure if that's considered a "diet" per se. I even met with a nutritionist multiple times and designed my plan.

Here's the thing - after two years of attempting calorie counting, I realized I just couldn't do it. It took me two months of sticking to plan before I even lost 5 pounds. Of course, a loss is great, but I was STARVING the whole time and feeling weak. It was very demoralizing and I kept going off plan after weeks of hard work with little to no results. When I went off plan, I went with a bang because it would be more like an emotional giving up and "who cares?" attitude. The repeated failures were weighing heavy on me.

New Lifestyle Diet (same as MF but with whey protein) is the first official "diet" that I've undertaken. I considered all the other plans (Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc) but due to special needs (food allergies) I couldn't do those, so don't know how successful they'd be. I also went to like three Weight Watchers meetings and, honestly, I found them depressing and condescending.

This diet seemed very drastic to me before embarking on it. Like many other people, I worried that it was too extreme, that it would be unhealthy, that it would be much harder than anything else. I have been so shocked to see that I'm LESS hungry on this diet than I was when calorie-counting (though I was consuming more calories then). Mostly, this diet feels like re-training for me. I never had food issues or uncontrollable cravings when I was thin. During this diet, I feel that way. I'm not obsessed with food. It's the strangest thing. Maybe it's just removing the options completely that does it. Maybe they put crack in the stuff LOL - but I'm sticking to plan for the first time ever because I can!!

I should say that I do have a wheat allergy and hadn't cut that out before. I've now realized the possibility that it was the consumption of wheat that made the weight loss difficult while calorie-counting, and kept me feeling sick, tired and emotional up/down, therefore, making it hard not to use food -- i.e., sugar -- as a form of medication for my fatigue and malaise). Maybe if I'd cut out wheat before I'd be having good success with that. But I'm happy to take a break from making a thousand food choices per day. Some people think that's lazy and maybe it is, but if I have a choice between losing weight the "lazy way" or having to bust my butt for slower weight loss, I'll go the "lazy" route LOL (I know I'll have to work hard at maintaince, so there's always work). It does still take discipline to stick to plan - but because I don't feel deprived, it's easier to stick to it. I don't understand WHY I don't feel deprived, but I just don't.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #8  
Operator265

Medifast was the first diet I tried. I love it. I chose it b/c I do 12.5 hr rotating shift work w/o real access to refrigeration or microwave(unless I want to lose my job for "interfering with production"). It is just plain easy to get my lunchbag ready for work in 15-30 min. I can prep my L&Gs and salads on my days off and have them ready to go.

I dropped about 7 lbs a week. They say not to increase exercise the first 3 weeks, but I was put on Blast Crew the same week my first order arrived and didn't want to wait until my training was over b/f starting the diet. I didn't have any trouble with exhaustion or headaches. Only trouble was trying to get people at work to understand that it wasn't the job change that was causing my weight loss, but my diet.

I had trouble with my Auto order a while back and went out of town at the same time and just kinda went off program. I didn't transition, but I've still maintained within about 5 lbs. either side of the weight I had achieved. Now, I'm ready to get back on and go for another 30-35 lbs. This time, however, I'm picking the foods I like instead of the 2 month program. It may cost a little more, but there are some of the foods that I just can't stand.

As far as the expense goes...Since I only have one DD to buy food for, the MF comes off as a "push" for my household. Especially since, with my schedule, I often would wind up getting my food at the convenience store when I didn't prepare well enough on my days off. When you go into your third 12.5 hr. shift in the week, going to the store and cooking are things you just won't give up sleep for.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/157/128

1. Medifast
2. Calorie counting

Those are the only two diets I've tried, and calorie counting was working ok, but a bit on the slow side, so I went on Medifast, and it is working very well.
purpleplaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote