Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Angry Spider Bite!

Well I am in need of a little support. I went to the ER this morning to find out that I got a spider bite on the bottom of my foot. I cant walk on it or put any kind of pressure on it or it feels like I am being jabbed with a knife. So the doc told me to stay off of it as much as I can and to keep it elevated. Well that would be okay if I wasnt trying to lose weight! I know that it is only a temporary set back but I am just getting into a good groove of exercise and I dont want to be set back too far!

Just my rant for the day! Damn spiders!

Last edited by AngelMae; 10-23-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had a spider bite a few years ago on the neck. All the doctor told me "well it wasn't poisonous because you'd be dead". Gee thanks doc

There are alternate exercises such as swimming and weights. Overall, it should go away soon and you should be fine.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh no! Feel better, take care of it, and you'll be back on your exercise plan in no time.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Please be aware that some "spider bites" are actually infection with MRSA, or multiple-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Even doctors can be fooled by this. Did you actually see a spider?

If you want more information, google the terms "spider bites MRSA." MRSA infections are a medical emergency and require prompt treatment with specialized antibiotics.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

I went through something kind of like that with my sprained ankle a bit ago (it's still not quite up to snuff for doing high impact stuff but getting better) I discovered you can still do lots of things - crunches, seated leg lifts, leg raises, "women's" push ups..... Even sitting in a chair and swinging your arms around will get your heart going a little faster - I did a ton of "chair dancing" and rocking out in the car No, it's not quite the same as your regular workout, but keeps you from getting completely out of the habit; and the way I look at it - any moving is better than no moving.

Hope you feel better soon
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

All I can offer is sympathy. As a child, I used to wake up now & then with a completely closed black eye because a spider had bitten me on my forehead or temple or cheek. We even have a portrait where I had to be turned to profile to hide it, but you can still see it past my nose .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Please be aware that some "spider bites" are actually infection with MRSA, or multiple-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Even doctors can be fooled by this. Did you actually see a spider?

If you want more information, google the terms "spider bites MRSA." MRSA infections are a medical emergency and require prompt treatment with specialized antibiotics.

Jay

Thanks for the info, the doc did put me on an antibiotic just incase I have an infection. I am going to check that out right now.

And thanks for the support, I know it is only temporary and I can still do things its just really a pain in the butt!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote