Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Does IntelliGender work?

http://www.intelligender.com/

Have any of you ladies used this product? Was it accurate??
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

mod-

It's a scam.

When I was pregnant with Saber, I did some research, and there was a company called "Gender Mentor" which had very similar claims...there ended up being TONS of lawsuits with the company, for being a false scam.

This is a very, very similar thing...I wouldn't waste my money.

From the research that I did on the Gender Mentor (which was the company doing it when I was pregnant with #3 in 2006) they were right HALF of the time, which is par for the course, because you have a 50/50 chance of having whatever gender they tell you to, anyway.

I did some research on this new brand, and the stats are just about the same...about 50% correct. I could "guess" what every pregnant woman I know was going to have, and have about the same rate of correctness.

At this point, the only way you are going to know the gender is to have an amnio test, which is only advised in situations where it is medically necessary, or to have them look when you have an ultrasound. You should have a standard ultrasound at around the 20 week mark of your pregnancy...and this is the point where most parents to be find out what their baby is, if they want to know.

In the early weeks of pregnancy, the infant's sexual organs are not apparant enough to be able to tell just by looking...which is why you have to be around the 20 week point or further along for them to tell you during your ultrasound. This is why if you have an ultrasound at say, 8 weeks, they don't even ask you if you want to know the gender...because THEY can't see it well enough yet.

I know it seems like FOREVER waiting to find out, but really it isn't. Just bide your time by buying the "neutral" things for the nursery for now...such as the crib mattress, lotions, etc. if you feel the urge to go shopping.

You will know soon enough!!!

Last edited by aphil; 10-19-2008 at 04:18 PM.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Its not the shopping, its the NAME CHOOSING! DH doesn't even want to talk about names until we find out the gender and its killing me! I have my second ultrasound tomorrow, at 12 weeks. I will have my 3rd at 20 weeks, and it will be a level 2.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #4  

Well...if you want my honest opinion, even if they tell you the gender, have a name for both a boy and a girl, just in case!!!!

All of my ultrasounds were correct (they were all what they told me they were going to be, as far as girl/boy) but, in the case of my second child...we did not find out the gender until 2 weeks before he was born!!!!!

At the 20 week ultrasound, he had his feet/legs all balled up, and in the way of his "parts". They couldn't tell either way what he was going to be...so we had to buy all of the clothing in yellow/green/white/tan and keep a gender neutral nursery. We found out at my last ultrasound, 2 weeks before he was born, that it was indeed a boy. We then ran out and bought 3 blue outfits and a blanket, and figured out his name at the last minute!!! (Luckily, the name was meant to be...and that is a whole different story.)

The only reason I even had the last ultrasound was because they were closely monitoring his size (I had to be induced at 36 weeks, and he was 9 pounds, 4 ounces.) I always have big ones, and they didn't want him to go to full term and be 11+ pounds.

So...let him know that while you will most likely find out at 20 weeks, there IS the possibility that the baby will be "shy". You should probably think about names of both genders, just in case.

Last edited by aphil; 10-20-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #5  
Proud mama to Baby Bree!

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5' 4"

If you want, for the fun of it, check out webwomb.com ... its been accurate for me and several people I know but I'd say its more for fun than anything else. I agree that having names for both would be a good idea though. DH and I were certain we were having a boy, despite what everyone told us (old wives tales, etc.) that indicated we were having a girl, including webwomb. Sure enough, we're having a baby girl. I don't think it would have been so emotional for me if I'd been more prepared for the possibility of a girl instead of being so certain we were having a boy.
But, that's just my two cents. Thankfully, she wasn't bashful at the 20wk ultrasound but it can happen so keep that in mind.
thebeautywithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #6  

Well, the fact is that the mother's age or whatever (like on webwomb) have nothing to do with the gender of the child...all of our eggs are "X", and it is the father who has the boy or the girl swimmers...

All of the old wive's tales and everything also indicated that my third child would be a girl (the way I was carrying him, the extreme morning sickness, etc.) but he was indeed, a boy. Amnio and ultrasound are the only ways to REALLY know.

My advice would be not to get your heart set on one gender before your ultrasound, for sure.

My first child was a girl, and my second two were boys-and the pregnancies were ALL different. I carried my two boys differently, I was sick with one and not the other-so there is really no way to tell.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #7  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I've never seen that product before but I have read up on methods about timing sex so you get the desired gender. It actually worked for me.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #8  

Well, I wouldn't say that it "worked". You have a 50/50 chance...

It would be different if the human race had 50 different genders, and a gender method worked, because the chance of getting what you wanted would only be 2%.

If I have a black sock and a white sock, and want to pull a white one out of the dryer first, I have a 50% chance of doing so...a pretty good chance.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #9  
On a Mission

There's a timing method based on the rate at which sperm swim and how to accomodate male sperm so they can last longer. Of course, it doesn't decide but it does favor one or the other gender. I.E. women climaxing before their partner favors males b/c the secretions change the alkalinity which makes for more effective swimming and since girls sperm swim faster and live a bit longer, it just gives the males a little help. I can't remember all of the ins and outs but if anyone wants the info I'll poke around the internet and see if I can find the articles and how it works. There are no guarantees.

Last edited by 4star; 11-20-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #10  

Well, the original poster is ALREADY pregnant...so I don't think that it would do much good now.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

So, if the woman climaxes before the man.....it points to a boy?

Honestly, is there another way? I know DH is pretty much done when he climaxes and if I want a chance, I better get to it
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #12  

zeffryn, you kill me.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #13  
On a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
So, if the woman climaxes before the man.....it points to a boy?

Honestly, is there another way? I know DH is pretty much done when he climaxes and if I want a chance, I better get to it
It's that along with when you're due to ovulate b/c girl sperm last longer. Gosh, seems like it's all about getting the guys to last longer! LOL! But all the more reason to get yours first!

Last edited by 4star; 11-20-2008 at 09:40 PM.