Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #1  
angie

S/C/G: 238/231/190(by Dec. 1)/145

Height: 5'5

Default exercise bra for the bigger-chested girls?

My biggest problem with working out is that I'm a fairly big girl with a really oversized chest - and it's quite uncomfortable to work out. Running on the treadmill is at my own risk - I just about knock myself plum out half the time (not to mention the fact that the amount of jiggle is extraordinarily embarassing). I need an exercise bra thats gives me incredible support - but none of them seem to do the trick (plus most are made for tiny girls).

Anybody out there with a similar problem who has suggestions? I wear around a 38-40DDD.
angeephalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I read this suggestion somewhere else on this site months back. Try wearing more than one sports bra. Or wear a sports bra over one of your regular bras. I bought a ton of cheaper sports bras, Hanes I think, in a size smaller than I normally wear(I am usually 38C), and I wear 2 at a time. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Good luck!!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello
I agree wearing 2 bras is good at supporting your assets. I have used this in the past

I too am overly gifted in the chesticles, I'm from the UK and we have a company called gozzard who make a bra called the shock absorber which is very good. It comes in different "strengths" for higher impact exercise. It certainly reduces the bounce (and the embarrasment )when I'm jogging on the treadmill Don't know if you can get them in the US. Bravissimo are a company that do sell these and are available online so it might be worth you contacting them
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  

I read an article in one of the fitness magazines that rated a bunch of sports bras on different performance aspects. I think the best one for large chested women was made by champion. it's about $40, but if it works as well as they said it did, it might be worth it. i haven't picked one up yet, but i'm definitely going to give it a shot.
Onsecondthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #5  

I get my Champion bras from jms.com and they always have had good service and delivery. They occassionaly have great sales on Champion bras too.

Yip.. I think you might want to go with more than one bra. I heard that on The Biggest Loser the ladies wear multiple bras to help with the bounce factor
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #6  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I cannot say enough good things about the Moving Comfort brand of sports bras. I bought one last year after a horrible experience trying to run a 5K without the proper support. I think I paid about $30 for mine at Academy Sports, and it still looks brand new after a year of wogging. Remember to air dry any sports bras to make them last longer.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I have to agree with dixied - the Moving Comfort are awesome.

When I'm breast feeding, I double up and haven't had a problem yet.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't consider myself big but I guess I'm a C. I love moving comfort! The one I have is for C and up.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #9  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I have yet to find one that i can wear by itself. I am the same size as you. Try getting one that had build in cups and getting maybe one size too small. Usually when i go to the gym i wear a regular bra, reg sports bra, sports bra with buildt in bra (one thats a little snug), and a tight tank top with a buildt in bra. Its a lot of work but it seems to be the only think that works for me. Good luck!
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #10  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

I am DD sorta gal, and I swear by the ENELL bras. I play soccer and run regularly outside and treadmill - I've never had a better bra. It's more like wearing a bullet proof vest, but so be it. I would never go back to a different one for sports.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #11  
Just Me

Whats the difference between DDD and E? I saw a lot of E sports bras but very few DDD.

Enell is a good brand as well for larger cup sizes.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #12  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

BestForm has great exercise bras. I am just a C, but this is the best exercise bra ever! I can run it with no discomfort whatsoever.
They have different types, and I have the one for high impact, with "double bounce control". It's almost like 2 bras sewn together. I love it!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #13  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I have never bought one of these. However, a dear friend of mine has its called "The Shock Absorber" bra. She swears by it. Its supposed to reduce bounceage up to 77% or something like that. Check out the bounce-o-meter I laughed so hard to see what my boobs do when I run etc and I am a DD.

shockabsorber.co.uk is the website.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #14  
******* Spamalot

Yeah, wearing a regular bra under your sports bra will give you extra support and feel much more comfortable...Sounds painful. One girl at my gym had hers reduced due to this problem
HealthyLiving8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #15  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyLiving8 View Post
Yeah, wearing a regular bra under your sports bra will give you extra support and feel much more comfortable...Sounds painful. One girl at my gym had hers reduced due to this problem
Actually that is not something I'd recommend at all. Sports bras are designed to reduce bounce due to activity and also to help with sweat management to reduce chafing. Most regular bras are not built for exercise activities and large amounts of sweat/movement.