Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Just Got Back From Cruise !!

This is the first real vacation I've been on since I lost all the weight. Last time we went on a cruise I was always lagging about 20 ft behind everybody else. But.... this time the family had a hard time keeping up with me! It was wonderful !!! Standing in line to get on and off the ship was agony for me before. This time...piece of cake LOL. OHHHHHH but I ate too much. I fell off the wagon big time. It's back to eating sensibly now for me. At least I didn't gain. I still want to lose about 10 or 12 lbs so I can wear all those clothes I went crazy and bought when I was at my lowest. Anyway I'm just happy, happy, happy. It's so much easier and such a pleasure doing things these days.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

First, congratulations on all your success! Don't worry about how much you ate. You deserved it! It's okay to splurge once in awhile. It's good that now that you're home, you'll be back on track.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Oh Magi...sounds divine!!! I am glad you had a great time and could enjoy your vacation now that you are healthy enough to really enjoy it!

Don't worry about the clothes, go nuts and go out buy new ones! You look fabulous!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thats the best !!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Magi: I'm glad you had a good, healthy, can't keep up with me cruise. I so envy your. You slept in a nice soft bed and I slept on the cold hard ground. Now who is the dumb one here!!! LOL!!! Take me with you next time.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Thanks for all your comments. I decided to take your advice and forget about the clothes. I'm going to pack them all up next week and give them away. Shoot ! In the last 2 years I've emptied my closet and started over at least 4 times !!! I'm a pro at it by now. LOL. Thing is...it's not so easy financially this time. Since the real estate market crashed and burned I'm not doing much work now. But what the heck...I really don't need a lot of clothes now since I'm not going to work every day. See there's a positive side to everything.
Nancy we used to camp a lot. I take my hat off to you. I don't think I could sleep on the cold hard ground anymore. Too old !! You're right...my bed was soft and comfortable. You're welcome to go with me next time.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh Boy, Closet Cleaning

Magi: I've been in the same boat about the wardrobe thingy. I've changed sized so many times and spent way too much on clothes that I only got to wear a few times. I can pass them on the my cuz who had weight loss surgery after me and I'm glad to do that, but I'm on a tight budget and have been trying to wear 16s when I'm down to 12's and 14's. My 38 yr. old daughter gave me some clothes and they are too youthful and lots of jeans. Okay for around the house, but not in public. I went to our cider pressing today in a really nice outfit I got at Goodwill and my bro told me that I should get a fashion coordinator. I told him unless they start doing fashion consulting at Goodwill then I'm out of luck.
A lot of the stuff that I have bought from Goodwill and Salvations Army still have the store tickets on them. I just got a sixty dollar blouse for $2.99 and the tags were still on it three weeks ago and I put it on today to wear and it was too big. I haven't lost any weight in two months, but went down a size!!!! I need dress clothes for my new job and am combing the resale places for them because I don't even know if I will be able to wear them next week or next month. I'm shaped so weird and a lot of the pants that I need to wear are the ones that are too youthful, but the ones that should fit me go clear up to my boobies. Man what a problem to have!!!! All my old things look like tents and boats so I'd better quit complaining. My DH has lost three pant sizes and is running into the same thing. He won't do the resale shops so I tried on a pair of his pants that really fit him well and now I'm trying on men's pants in the resale shops to try and cloth him. LOL!!! I'm not going to buy anything new until next summer if I can get away with it. Hoping I'll be at my normal weight by then.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Oh, wow, that sounds so wonderful. You totally deserved it for all your hard work.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote