Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Grateful Postfor WLS!!!!

Well, I'm back from camping, sleeping on the ground in a tent, walks straight up and down the sides of hills, Waking up in low forty degree weather and I'm not dead! LOL! It was one of the best weekends I've had in my last 30 some years!! I could keep up, no extreme back pain, no shortness of breath. I would have slept well on my air mattress if my little granddaughter hadn't kept kicking the stuffings out of me and screaming "Sponge Bob" in her sleep. My DH pulled me aside on one of our arduous walks and told me he was so happy to see me be able to join in and enjoying myself. We went down along Racoon River and looked for paw-paws. Hey, don't eat 3 paw-paws and expect not to see the inside of a lovely one-holer in the middle of the state park all night!!!! Food accountability: Oh Heck!!!! We also went to the family reunion and I almost cried because someone had made a huge, fluffy, enormous splenda coconut cream pie and my DH had slobbers hanging down. I hate coconut, but wait.....hold on......splenda homemade vanilla ice cream!!! I hugged the guy who made it and than apologized to his wife. I never get to eat dessert unless I make it and ......Splenda vanilla ice cream OMG!!! He gave me some pointer on using splenda in my baking and food. I made red quinoa garbonzo bean salad with cumin lime garlic dressing and splenda fiber one mini chocolate chip cookies. Can anyone say yummy!!! LOL!! I don't do white flours, but my cousin Gladys who is in her 90s made the most perfect chicken and dumplings I've ever eaten. I had a tablespoon full to see what all the fuss was about and OMG. It was like biting into a light cloud of dumplings. I also ate a regular banana nut cookie and it was delicious but, so many carbs. Now about carbs...my weekend was not a good time for protein first and carbs second. Most was on the fly and not carb friendly, which brings me to a TMI. Excessive carbs give me the "trots" and "belly bombing"! I have not eaten that many carbs in such a concentration for over a year!!! Today, I'm doing protein drinks and yogurt to re-acclimate myself to the SB ways and get my plumbing in order. Wow!! pretty painful for me and my family! LOL!!! Like I said TMI. I'm going to be gone the next couple of days. I'm going for my 1 year WLS check-up a few days early. Got my blood work back and it was all in the normal range. KEEP UP YOUR VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS! Protein just on the low side of normal and need to up it a bit.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Oh Nancy! Sounds like you have a wonderful Camping trip! I am so glad to feel the happiness come through the monitor! AND I am glad I wasn't there for the Carb induced thunder belly!!

Good to hear that your blood work came back mostly positive, something I am a bit worried about.

Have a great trip...where are you headed NOW????

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 10-07-2008 at 01:43 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote