General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #1  
XXXtine

S/C/G: 279/230/180

Height: 5'10

Default Quick! Miracle cure for cold sore

My Wedding is Saturday and due to the sleepless nights and stress of planning a big party I am getting a cold sore. I could stand it if today was the day of the party but it is Saturday so that is plenty of time to get a scabby ugly sore that will ruin the day for me because I will think of nothing else but it on my face. *SIGH

The blister hasn't formed and I am rubbing Abreva on it and I JUST started taken LySine but does anyone else have any suugestions? Tips? Miracle CURES. I could deal if it stayed small and coverable. I don't want it to erupt into a monster blister that weights my lips down and makes me look like a freak.

OH MY. HOLY MOLY. HELP!
xxxtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/147/126

Height: 5'7"

Abreva works for my hubby.
SandiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

See if you can get your doctor to give you a dose of Valtrex! Good luck!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

I have suffered with those forever! I finally found a system that works.

Abreva never works for me since it only seems to add moisture to the cold sore when you just want it to dry up and go away.

I know that this might sound gross, but I boil a pin, and for extra safety use rubbing alcohol on it and use it to lance the cold sore. I know, gross, but I've been doing this since middle school and have never had a problem.

Immediately after doing this apply rubbing alcohol. That's not really what I use, but it will do in a pinch. I normally use Amol which is a Polish alcohol infused with herbs, but I unless you're in Chicago or some other heavily Polish populated area you would't be able it. This will HURT LIKE ****, but I swear to God it works. Apply the rubbing alcohol every 2 hours or so with a cotton ball.

Using this method the sucker will dry up almost over night!

Funny thing is, I had a cold sore on my wedding day too! But I got rid of it using this method and a bit of lipstick to hide the scab. Gross, gross, I know.

PaniAnia
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Pure tea tree oil works for my husband. You can buy it at any health/vitamin store. Just apply it with a q-tip and it dries up almost over night!
Morgan4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #6  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I'm so sorry... I hate getting cold sores on a normal day... I've always had very quick results by 'drying' them out... here's what I do; pour some hydrogen peroxide into dixie cup or small cup, dab a Q-tip into hydrogen peroxide, and apply to sore, cover with corn starch, repeat as many times a day ... The corn starch is especially attractive..LOL, but I swear by this method. Throw out the hydrogen peroxide out each time and start with a new cup... good luck...
You'll be a beautiful bride !
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #7  
FB

I wouldn't lance it if it hasn't formed - too risky!

My miracle cure for unformed ones is ICE. Keep icing it, often as you can stand.

I hate coldsores so badly, never had them in my life until I kissed the husband. My dermatologist got tired of my whining about it and prescribed Valtrex to prevent them.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Tea tree oil works wonders. I got one on my wedding day as well....on the tip of my nose.

Valtrex also works really well, but get to your doctor tomorrow to get some as it takes a day or two.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

No miracle cure here...but do choose a lip color this week that is close to the color of the cold sore. In other words, don't try a sheer frosty color, or a nude lip color. Go with a deeper lip color-a berry, dark mauve, or something that will help the sore blend in a bit.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote