Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sonoma/Med October Support

I decided I'm going to start a support thread for this month. I realize that it may turn into more of my personal blog but I figured if it is here, maybe others will come and actually post.

Today is Day 19 for me. I have lost 8 lbs so far and it has been pretty comfortable. I don't really feel deprived in anyway. I have my meals planned at least through the weekend.

I go to a new nursing home today for the first time. I a bit nervous about this because it is a big time committment. I like to go to pilates class on Wed. night and I"m worried I won't be able to get there. I'm going to put a change of clothes in the car so I can go straight from work if that is necessary. I have leftovers to eat for dinner so I don't have to cook.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  

The nursing home went pretty well I think. They certainly went out of their way to try to make things as smooth as possible for me. I was starving by the time I got to the hospital for lunch. I will try to remember to take a snack in with me next week.

It was a stressful day as I expected and I couldn't mentally handle the idea of going straight to pilates from work so I skipped the pilates. I'm disappointed but you can't win them all. I did stay on track with all the food. Maybe next week will go a little more smoothly.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

I'm on day 4 and I'm feeling good. I even stayed on plan yesterday when my schedule was altered at the last minute. I'm not really craving anything unhealthy but the bowl of apples is tempting.

Petra, good job staying on track with your food. I hope next week goes smoothly and you are able to make it to your class.
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #4  

This week is turning into a stressful one. Thank goodness it is almost over. I had to do some cooking tonight too which was annoying so dinner was later than I would have wanted.

Glad you are doing so well with Wave 1 Shrinking Mama. You'll get that fruit back before you know it. Thanks for posting so I'm not talking to myself.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #5  

TGIF! My day took longer than I was planning. I ended up picking up a rotisserie chicken for dinner and eating the leftover bulgur and veggies I had from last night but that works. I'll have time for more interesting cooking over the weekend. I was really hoping to go to yoga tonight but I didn't get home in time once again. I will definately go tomorrow morning but that will be my only yoga class all week which is a serious disappointment.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  

Yesterday turned into a disaster. I'm not completely sure what happened. I went to yoga as planned. It was a moderately intense class-I was sweating pretty good. I came home and cooked a good lunch-scallops over whole grain pasta and green beans. Then I took a nap because I was beat but when I woke up I was starving and started eating everything that wasn't nailed down. Fortunately, I don't have "illegal" food in my house but boy did I over do it. I don't know if all the stress from the week finally caught up with me or I didn't eat enough earlier in the day or what happened. Anyway, it's over now. I'm trying to let it go and get back on track today. I making some lamb and lentil stew in the crock pot. I love lamb. It already smells good.

Hope you are all having a good weekend. Today we are having the blessing of the animals at church so I'm taking my two. They definately, need some blessing, LOL.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #7  

It has been a good weekend. I ate well and had some rather enjoyable walks. I did wraps and salads this weekend but will cook tonight. Looking forward to bulgar this evening. I'll make a big batch and then freeze some.

Petra, I hope this week is less stressful for you.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #8  

That lamb and lentil stew was very good. Isn't that the meal that Esau sold his birthright for in the bible?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #9  

I got on the scale this morning and got to see the result of my little binge this weekend. That wasn't so pretty. Fortunately, today is not an official weigh in day for me and that should serve as incentive to keep me on track.

I go on call on Thurs. for a week so I need to be highly organized this week.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #10  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Default Good morning!

Hi all!

I am joining in! Today is Day 1 of Wave one! I am very excited to start this journey! I am so ready to get back to eating healthy and seeing the scale fall. I am updating my weight as of this morning so I can see how I am doing!
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #11  

welcome Jovimom. Wave 1 can be tough but it will be over before you know it. Hang in there. I love your ticker.

This is shaping up to be a better week so far. Thank goodness. Now I just need to get my scale back where it belongs.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #12  

I Love Christmas so I had to use that for a ticker!

So far so good! My hubby is doing it with me so that helps a WHOLE LOT!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #13  

Hi JoviMom. I'm glad you joined us! It's great that you and your husband are doing wave 1 together. That will help a lot.

Petra - Where did you find spelt? I have not been able to locate it in the grocery store. Wouldn't it be with the grains? I'll have to check the health food store but I don't get there very often.

Today is day 10 of wave 1 and I have been just about POP. I had one run in with about 8 oz. of fruit smoothy on Monday but that was the only mishap. I feel good and my clothes fit better. I'm looking forward to a green apple tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #14  

Good Morning!

Everything is going well so far! Even my hubby who has a hard time with sweets is doing well

I havent seen spelt in a long while. But I havent been looking for it either. But Like you said, it should be in the grains section.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #15  

This is the third time I've attempted this post. I don't know if they are having server problems or I am having computer problems. I buy my spelt and several other grains at www.homegrownharvest.com

I'm having a much better week. Even got to pilates tonight. I go on call tomorrow for the next week which will limit my activities. Nice to have a couple people to talk to here.