Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 AM   #1  
Bud Ready To Bloom

S/C/G: 299.6/299.6/135

Height: 5'5''

Exclamation Compulsive Like Me?

Ok, I've been really strong and on-track since I started Weight Watchers last monday and tonight was the first time it didn't go as planned. I had 18 of my 36 points available for dinner and I decided to go to Subway. I ordered a footlong sub, which I usually make 2 meals out of. I even paused 5 minutes between eating the first and second half to make sure I was still hungry and not just diggin the taste. I'm a little perturbed though because I went over what I had planned. I could have had some chips and half the sub, saving the other half for lunch tomorrow and I would have felt better about that choice. At the time I didn't care though, which is what concerns me. Yes, I had the bonus points available, yes it could have been worse. But it concerns me because I am a compulsive overeater. I have had a rough 24 hours because I had to take my precious bunny to the E.R. last night and the doc there said he didn't know if she would make it (she's doing great, I'm happy to report). Also I took the day off work to watch her and there may be consequences for doing that on short notice. On top of that, I have been feeling very depressed and low most of today and dealing with grief issues as well. I do feel that my eating the other half of that sandwhich was emotional eating and I'm wondering if any of you ladies can offer suggestions on what I could have done to prevent that compulsive moment tonight? Anything that you find especially helpful? Please and thanks.

PDXDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

My response to this, which might seem like stating the obvious, just buy the 6" sub. Removes the temptation away from you. Yes, it might cost you more in the long run but if that's what it takes.

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 10-01-2008 at 09:51 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #3  

Kitty gave my answer. The cost of just 6 inch sub is nothing compared to the cost of acting on complusive overeating.

Do you make a food plan everyday? Was the 12 inch sub on the plan. Do you have an OA sponsor, carry OA literature with you for these times, if you have a cell phone carry OA phone #'s and call someone, is there a meeting you can attend. Use as many tools as you need to to not act on your complusive behavior. Call on you HP for help.

hope this helps,
hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

I couldn't buy the foot long. I just know I would eat it. It's the same for me as ordering something and only eating half. I can't do it. I have to remove the temptation quickly. I hate to pour water on my two year olds leftovers so I don't eat them. It's okay to admit you aren't strong enough YET to be in control all the time. Take control back by ordering only what you need for right then.
Thinnerinnerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #5  

PDX,

Don't beat yourself up over what you did. You are a compulsive overeater. That's what we compulsive overeaters do. My advice would be to pray for strength and understanding of God's will for you.

Good luck and KEEP COMING BACK!

Tony
tvalle is offline   Reply With Quote