Old 09-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default LAWL Losers and Friends Sept 29-Oct 5

Good morning everyone!! Have a wonderful day.

Here is a link to find you fairy name: http://www.emmadavies.net/fairy/.

Hex Goblinshimmer signing out!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #2  
Katie

Joni- I forgot to say where my daycare families are going when I am on vaca. It is potato harvest, so the school are closed for 2 weeks. Most of my families have older siblings that can watch their little ones, or other school age kids who are not working in the harvest. 5 more days till vacation. Yahoooooo!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi. DH and I went on a mini vacay this past weekend for our anniversary (that's today!) we went out to the black hills (on the western side of SD) and visited mt rushmore, crazy horse and a few other places. and our anniversary gift to each other was a 20mile helicopter ride over the hills and we got close up views of the crazy horse monument, mt rushmore, harney peak, and an amazing view of the hills. it was by far one of the best things we've ever done!
we left early friday morning and got back late yesterday afternoon. and surprisingly enough i only felt sick a few times while we were gone.
anyways...just thought i'd stop by.
hope everyone is doing well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Well, to continue the tiny sandwich saga... the bread WAS the bread that Kim mentioned, but the cream cheese was not fat free... I stopped by the lady's desk and asked on the way out the door... That in combination with the weekend at the coast has me up 3lbs!!! DAMN! I did OK at the coast, but when it came time for dinner my husband insisted that they would have a healthy option at a restaurant called "Catfish Charlie's"... but just as I suspected everything there was fried! so I ended up missing foods and then the one's I did get in were not the right ones! I got a cup of gumbo and some peel and eat shrimp - probably a fat, 2 proteins, 1 starch, and did I say a fat? I'm doing take off today and tomorrow, so hopefully that will help.

It was so sad at the coast, the beach was littered with tons of debris from the hurricane. There were toys, lumber, front porches!, water heaters, rubbermade storage bins, anything you can think of! The weather was beautiful and we still made a day of it. DH caught 4 fish which were good for grilled fish tacos on Sunday

Have a great monday!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Julie - I had a feeling that the cream cheese might not be FF, but was willing to indulge your fantasy! The 3 lbs will go away soon enough. Glad you had a good weekend. I bet it was eye opening to see the coast.

Had an all day conference today - more Cognitive Coaching. I'm toasted. Lots of role play and deep thinking. Luckily I do NOT have class tonight and have tomorrow off! Gotta love the school calendar.

Forgot to WI today for the Thallenge - I'll post tomorrow
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Return to LA

Hi All,

I just signed up to restart with LAWL - it was a good deal and it worked before....so IT WILL work again.
Going to start T/O on Oct.1st.
Very excited about getting these 20 lbs off AGAIN.
Now if I could just stop having that 'last' chocolate bar.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Julie, It is most likely just salt from eating out that caused your weight to blip up. Gumbo most likely is loaded with it. Salt can add a couple of pounds quickly, where you really have to eat a LOT to gain 3 pounds of fat, over 10,000 calories, so that most likely did not happen. Hot lemon water and green tea are great for clearing out any water weight gain for me. It usually takes me 2 days to get over a salt indulgence. Of course TO works good too, if you are willing to go to that extreme. I'll also often retain a bit of water if I overdo on the starches too. That will likewise be gone quickly if I get back to my normal amount of starches.

Katie, I'm glad that you can find a time to get away, as running your own daycare sounds like a job that it would be hard to find that sort of a time away for your own family. Potato harvest? Wow... I never knew they closed school for that. I guess you guys need your famous potatoes though.

Kim, All day is just too long for any meeting. Role playing? I just can't imagine that turning out to be anything useful with my coworkers. Engineers are bad role players I think... Well unless it is dungeons and dragons or the science fiction conference... but really I suppose you are not identifying anyone as the borg or Klingon in your meetings. I've met some very interesting people in my time as a software engineer really.

Jillian, How many years of wedded bliss? I'm coming up on 23 years myself here. I want to do something super big for our 25th year anniversary, and I'm thinking a trip to Italy might be wonderful, but really expensive. Hopefully the morning sickness is starting to go away.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #8  
Katie

Barb- LOL, I know, weird to close school ins't it? I actually worked on a combine in a potato field for several years during Jr High and High School. It was a dirty, dangerous job, but I loved it. We had a lot of fun on the combine. Besides, where else can a 13 year old earn $10.00 per hour? I think that you should totally push your a trip to Italy!

Hey Suzanne- Good to see you girl!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a good weekend overall and a so-so weekend foodwise. I went to a Maragarita Chocolate party. I did really good avoiding all the chocolate, but I didn't do so well avoiding the margaritas. It was a good party.
Right back on track and doing good. Really bad PMS today and I am trying so hard to avoid unnecessary eating right now. There is some chocolate ice cream calling my name. But I figured I would come check in here instead.
Hope everyone has a good night and a great start to your day tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary Jillian!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone

Happy Anniversary Jillian <3

I had a good weekend foodwise. I slipped a bit on saturday and had a bowl of special k pecan cinnamon and 2 fudgeos. Before I could eat an entire bag so I am thinking I am definately improving. I made it below 150 after I did a pop take off Thrusday and Friday! It was the first time I didn't cheat on a TO. Yay!

Hope you all have a great evening! I am hungry so I am having steamed veg with 0 cal butter spray. See you all tomorrow~!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Everyone,

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend.
Just checking in on this chilly Tuesday morning here in MN.

My weekend was not OP, but I didn't stray that far off the path, Sunday for lunch I had a cup of tomato soup, half a roast beef sandwich on multi grain bread, with lettuce. The oops was the piece of pie. But it's the first major slip I've had in a while, so I'm cutting myself some slack. Hopefully staying OP this week will correct that when I step on the scale on Friday.

I have a slightly busy week this week, tonight is yoga, tomorrow is an inspection for my townhouse (thinking about renting and my association requires a rental license from the city). Thursday is a doctors appointment and then Yoga. Saturday is a Creative Memories scrapbooking day.

Have a good OP week!

Happy anniversary Jillian!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #12  
Katie

Nicole???? Wherefore art thou?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi, my name is Nicole, and I am an eat-aholic.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #14  
Post-Master

Katie.......that was so freekin' creepy................I clicked post, and you were there. You weren't before
XOXO
Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #15  
Post-Master

Ok, first of all...........potato fest, or whatever you called it is insane. I had no clue things like that still occurred. Child labor........really? Don't get me wrong, I think hard work builds character.......I just can't believe you got the school board to go along with it. I swear, you live in a time warp. I live in a time warp inside of my own home........I live a super old fashioned lifestyle.....but my community is way ahead of me. Your hometown just blows my mind.......in a good way.

Kim.........role playing........really? Just how do people do with that? Do they get into it? I think I might have a hard time with that.......but one never knows.........I might be the one crying during it..... Enjoy your day off

Barbara.........my DH is an engineer.....and there are a few with a real sense of humor.......lucky me got one of um But I tell ya.......some of his friends are, well, interesting

Hi Angie

Erin.........WTG on your nice downward trend for the Thallenge. Keep it up.

Hi Gonna

Hi Sznn.......welcome back.

Julie.....drink, drink, drink,..........no sorry honey.....water .

s'up Dan?

Happy Anniversary, Jillian!!! Good to hear from you. I have been a bit scarce myself.......but I am always happy to see your sweet smile What an adventure you had. Smart girl.......get that stuff in before little Lemons makes his/her debut. Will you find out what you are having? It is funny how we worry about being tied down by little ones, and before we know it, they are graduating from HS. Oh, how my mind jumps.....sorry........anyway, glad you had fun

So, I have been a very busy girl lately.........mostly with stuffing my face, but also, my neighbor's dad died on thurs, so i did a little baking and made dinner for them.......the weekend was just a blur.........and well, I don't know, but I feel like I am spinning my wheels mentally. I have a good couple of days or weeks, and then I just stop. and it trickles into everything...........my house is even trashed right now, and I just hate that.
Anywhoo..........I don't feel like whining right now.

I sent my 10 yo DD to 5th grade camp today. It is so weird, and I dont' really like it, but our school has a tradition of sending our 5th graders to camp for 4 whole days. Don't get me wrong, the kids all love it, and it is a great experience for them.......I just hate it from the mom stand point. They don't even have them call to check in. We just don't do things like that here. Our family always calls to check in. Oh well...........trying to let go........the truly most difficult part of motherhood for me. and you would think it would get easier.......she is my 3rd child.......but no.....it gets only worse.....

Ok, I have to stop with my sob stories and get something done today I'll be back.......
XOXO