S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I am

Hello
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Are you doing sonoma or mediterranean or your own version?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

I'm here too.

I'm just getting started again on Sonoma.
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #5  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

I am getting my sonoma diet books today from the Library. Last week the doctor told me to try it. Atkins was making me sick! I am so excited they are finally in!
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #6  

How nce to see some MED/Sonoma people here posting. Welcome everyone.. or welcome back! Lots of good food on this program. Fall and winter is a great time to start this program as a good hearty whole foods soup can be not only healthy but comforting!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #7  

I just got the books from the library! I am so excited!

I plan to have the book read from cover to cover by Sunday night when I go grocery shopping. MOnday morning the big day starts!

Im hoping some of you are willing to chat with me. I find that having online support is the best way for me to keep on track!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #8  

I agree about the support being helpful but this forum has not been very popular. Maybe we can all try to make an effort to encourage each other.

Speaking of hearty soups. I made the tomato lentil soup last weekend and had it for lunch several days this week. It was very good. I'm not usually a big lentil fan so that is saying something.

Having tried this diet before and found it challenging. I find it does take some planning. It isn't one you can just "wing". I have to plan my meals in advance-usually several days in advance. That has some definate advantages but can also be a drag sometimes.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #9  

Really? I grew up on this type of food (Im Italian 100%) so I never thought that this would really be a good diet for me. However, my doctor proved me wrong last week when she looked at my family history and told me I am actually genetically pre-dispositioned to eat this way... So Here I am.

Of course it takes time to cook, and that is probably why I steared my self away from it
Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #10  

Yes, cooking is another requirement. I have learned to buy prechopped veggies if I can.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  

How's everyone doing this weekend? How's the reading going JoviMom? I thought this was a pretty well written diet book (and I've read a few )
I try to do a lot of cooking on the weekend because I don't have as much time for it during the week. I'm planning to make a spelt salad this weekend. It's not exactly the same one in the book but similar. Spelt is a grain I discovered the last time I did this diet and I really like it. However, it is hard to find recipes for it. I'm also making Marinated Rump Roast tomorrow. I've never made this recipe before so I hope I like it. I already have it marinating in the fridge. That will give me some left overs for the week.

My other big dilemma this morning is between going to yoga which is what I want to do and getting the oil changed in my car which is something I need to do. Hmmm. I hate it when I have to make choices like that.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #12  

Well it looks like I'm talking to myself again but maybe if I keep talking, someone else will eventually just jump in.

That spelt salad is a winner! It was a bit of work to make, particularly cooking the grain which took almost an hour but it is really good. Now, I really like spelt, so take that comment for what it's worth.

Went to yoga today. This is supposed to be a low key class called "gentle yoga" but the usual teacher was out of town and we had a substitute who doesn't understand the concept of "gentle." We'll just say I was sweating. I guess that makes up for the class I missed yesterday to get my oil changed.

How's everyone else's weekend going?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

Hello,

Petra, I didn't mean to leave you hanging. So, are you doing Sonoma, Med or your own thing? I haven't tried spelt yet. I'll have to try it since you like it. Are you sore today?

Well it has taken me longer than I thought to get going here. I have reviewed the book and done enough shopping to get started today. I will get to more food shopping this week. I am not one to plan out my meals. I like a little more freedom so I just make sure that I have ingredients on hand to prepare lots of different things.

Here's to a good week!
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #14  

I'm doing Sonoma. I started on Wave 2 since I was already sugar free for quite some time and that is the purpose of Wave 1. I haven't noticed any real down side to doing it that way and I'm on Day 17. Maybe I would have lost more weight but I'm okay with this. One of the other really interesting things I have discovered is that drinking the glass of wine every night seems to prevent sugar cravings. I don't think that is just a coincidence. And I have never had an urge to drink too much so it seems to work well.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #15  

I'm wondering how Jovimom made out with her reading this weekend.

I've had a couple relatively stressful days and I'm pleased that I have pretty much stuck to my plan. That's another benefit of having a plan. I go back on call next week so planning for that will be key.