South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - Week of Sept. 23

This thread is for all new and returning Phase I folks.

Please post your successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.

Here's the link to the old thread.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/169/133

Height: 5feet 2inches

I did it Idid it I lost four pounds wow this diet works it really works yippeee
DH has lost 6 pounds and is so darn happy.
This is simply great

Ok calmed down now we are both so pelased that we have started to lose weight again we had got to a point where nothing was working so we took a look around and decided the South Beach diet was the way to go.
It was difficult to begin with but I am getting the hang of meals without loads of bad carbs and we feel so much better for it as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

for Carla and her DH!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #4  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Great job, Paula! It gets so much easier with time!

--

RNMomof5 - where in Louisiana are you? We intend on being homeschooling parents as well. My SIL in Opelousas homeschools her three kids also. My DS is only two, but we've been doing a small amount of pre-k things. Basically just colors, letters, numbers with LOTS of projects.

Glad you're having success on the diet
Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

YAY Paula and DH!

Is it possible to get the "flu" this late in the game? I woke up feeling like someone beat me in my sleep.

I'm doing phase 1 for a few more days.. Today is day 15 for me and I don't have any phase 2 food in the house until payday. That'll be Friday at the earliest.

And I feel like AF is coming.. I'm just full of complaints today. Nevermind me.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

I am with the rest of the ladies Paula and your hubby!!!!

Brenda- I am sure doing phase one till friday will be ok if you have no other foods in the house, BUT if you can get your hands on some oats or fruit it wouldnt hurt to go ahead and add a serving of one or the other per day.

I am on day nine and down 5.5 pounds so I am thrilled!! I am just hoping our trip to the Cardinals game Thursday doesnt mess me up, I will try to be good ladies, but it will be SO hard, we go once a year and my hubby does NOT want me dieting LOL, Have a great one guys
Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

I do have oats in the house but they're.. hmm.. just plain 5 minute oats I think... and I have bananas.. which is like the highest sugar content of any other fruit.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 353/324/190

Height: 5'9"

I am starting over on Phase 1 today. I went a little crazy at the fair over the weekend. I am excited that instead of giving up on the diet altogether I can just start over and get back on track.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #9  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Urgh, after 10 straight days of what turned out to be Phase 1, I started having REALLY, REALLY bad sugary cravings last night. I could have resisted them with a lot of willpower. But I caved. We had a pumpkin roll from the deli with cream cheese filling.. mm.. I had been craving pumpkin ALL FRIGGIN DAY.

I don't understand WHY I was craving things. The book says you'll banish cravings but that has never been the case for me.

I'm not blaming the cravings for my screwup, I am the one who decided to act upon them and I take responsibility. I'm just wondering why I had them when phase 1 is supposed to get rid of them.

Still, I'm at 190. Maybe by Christmas I'll be at 165? (wishful thinking!) I'm hoping and hoping and hoping my little sugarfest didn't up the scale any, as long as I eat OP for the rest of the day... (yes, I kinda had a thin slice of pumpkin roll for breakfast as well.. the other piece is for BF, I can't touch it cause I know he'll be mad cause he wants it when he gets home)

Made asiany chicken soup last night and after is when I had the cravings. It had a can of tyson white meat chicken, chicken boilloun, chopped onion, garlic and onion powder, green beans, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil.. I guess it didn't hit the spot like I thought it did. Will have that for lunch and peanuts for a snack, probably shrimp stirfry or something for dinner. Not sure..

I hope what I had last night and this morning won't affect anything overall.. but it's pretty pathetic I can't even make it 11 days without wanting something junky.

I need to come up with a great sugar free dessert thing made with splenda to keep in the freezer for when I have these urges.. a sf fudgesicle just won't hit the spot. I was thinking last night about what sort of things I could make using splenda to kill the craving, and then thought about what time it was and that I needed something NOW, and said, screw it. I need a backup plan!

Urgh. I will never be 165 by Christmas, let alone even 170. Those are not goals I've set, I don't set goals like that anymore.. still, it's okay to dream, isn't it? hehe.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #10  
beachin'

Mel - The cravings get easier to handle the more times you resist them. The first few are the hardest....the more you resist, the less the sugar monster will knock on your door.

Don't let this get you back into the bad cycle that you went through last time. You are not worthless because you had one mistake...just brush yourself off and make good decisions for the rest of the day. Praise yourself for the 10 OP plan days...not the half off plan day.

There is someone who has this in their signature here, but I really like it: It's a mantra of sorts - nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

If you want some pumpkin recipes that are sugar free...let me dig. I have plenty that could easily be converted. In the mean time, check this out:
http://www.recipezaar.com/194857

time to go put DS on the potty again. *sigh*
Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #11  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I definitely don't want to get into that bad cycle.. I really am determined to have some surprised looks at Christmas time. Last year I was let's see, 8 months pregnant, bloated with high blood pressure and was retaining fluid badly, and HUGE. So, some haven't seen me since then and I definitely want to have some jaws drop when I appear more like my old self, although I won't be at my original thin weight by then. Still, I want to look decent..

I just bought this adorable dress, a size 9/10, I have a pair of heels picked out that I want to go with it.. I'm size 14 (in which the pants are kinda loose) now. Do you think it would be unrealistic to want to be in size 9/10 by that time? I'm not sure how sizes correspond to weight and height and stuff so I wasn't sure if it was an unrealistic goal. So I need common sense from you guys to knock me on the head... if I'm dreaming, tell me!

That recipe is to die for. I'm going to cut out the flour and just bake it as is and maybe add one more egg to hold it together. Thanks!

Good luck with DS.. I imagine you're having a very interesting time.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-23-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #12  
beachin'

interesting...sure...

I wouldn't think it would be completely unrealistic to get into that dress by Christmas...but you're going to have to be diligent. The weather is getting nice outside - take your son for a walk outside for a half hour. He'll get to enjoy the weather and you'll get some exercise.

Also, I have no idea about Juniors sizes.... they never have fit me correctly, even when I weighed 120.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #13  
Tryin' to find a way

S/C/G: 272/263/180

Height: 5'8"

Question New Phase I'er

Good afternoon all,

Started Phase I with my fiance on Monday. I feel fine but he was feeling dizzy and sluggish in the evening (and of course whiny). Any ideas on what I can prepare him when he feels like this?

I heard you should eat beans but outside the realm of refried beans, I have limited knowledge of quick tasty bean recipes. Are there any other foods/recipes to counteract my loved ones dizziness compatible within the Phase I realm?

Thank you in advance for your help
Old 09-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #14  
beachin'

beans (fiber) and dairy will help him - and it shouldn't last for long - a few days at worst.

Our family puts beans in eggs, soups, on top of salads, etc. I also like black beans mixed with salsa and heated with a little lf cheddar cheese on top.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
RNMomof5 - where in Louisiana are you? We intend on being homeschooling parents as well. My SIL in Opelousas homeschools her three kids also. My DS is only two, but we've been doing a small amount of pre-k things. Basically just colors, letters, numbers with LOTS of projects.
I live in LaPlace, St. John Parish. We have home schooled for 4 years now, and I wouldn't do it any other way! I'm not sure how the public schools are where you live, but the ones here are terrible! We do lots of reading, family projects and field trips. (Lots of "hands on" learning.) The kids love it!

I am really feeling good about this diet. Day 13 for me. I don't have cravings, and I never really feel hungry. I have noticed that I have not lost much weight at all this second week. I lost five pounds during the first week, and only 1/2 to 1 lb this week. My clothes are fitting better now, so I'm not really too worried about it. I will do my official weigh in tommorrow. A friend told me that because I am getting near my goal weight is the reason why I'm not seeing that 10 to 14 lb weight loss. Oh well. I really feel good about this diet anyway and feel like it's something I can continue.

I have a question. I was going to make the chicken enchilada dish recipe, which called for an enchilada seasoning packet. I noticed that the first ingredient was corn flour. I assumed that this was a big no no, so I didn't get it. Can someone tell me if I was wrong in my thinking. Thank you!

Have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread