Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wink At home support Sept 21- 27 Low point foods

I thought I would start a new thread this week and ask those of you who watch your points if you have found or stumbled across any new combination of foods or recipes that are 3 points or less? Plus any that are easy to pack and go for those times when you are on the run. I know this criteria might be a bit of a challenge but heck we can do it

On Sundays I take some time and make 'breakfast burritos' that I can reheat and eat anytime and the points are low depending on what you use to fill them but here is mine

2 low carb/low calorie tortilla 6in 50cal, 0 fat, 7 fiber = 0 points each tortilla
1 1/4c egg beaters (1/2 for each tortilla) cooked in 8in fry pan 30cal, 0 fat, 0 fiber = 1pt
2 T hash brown (optional) approx 1pt
diced onion, diced green pepper 0 pts
2 slices of small round canadian bacon 1pt but could be less since it goes by 2 oz per serve which comes out to 3 slices

I pour my egg beaters into the 8 inch pan sprayed with pam then as the egg cooks I sprinkle the onion and pepper on when done remove then divide the egg in half putting on tortilla, add the ham, hashbrown then put back in pan and brown in each side giving it a crunchy taste

So total for two burritos 3 pts...

can't wait to hear yours
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

I'm finally back up and running after Ike! It is a relief to have things beginning to return to normal. Now I just have to get back into my WW frame of mind! I weigh in tomorrow, so I'm hoping that I haven't gain too much back!

Nancy - Great idea about the 3 pt meals - I love wraps - here are some of my faves:

Tortilla (1) and 2 oz shrimp (2)
Tortilla (1), 1 Kraft Single (1), 2 oz deli ham (1)
Lettuce leaf (0), Shredded carrots (0), and chicken cooked in 1 T soy or terriyaki sauce (3)

Also, check out the website "Green Lite Bites" (you may have to google it) but she has LOTS of low point meal ideas on her site!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

sometimes I mix half can of tuna with some peppers, onions, a teeny bit of FF mayo and put it in a WW wrap or put it between two slices of WW bread and grill it on a small grill (sort of like a panini). If I have extra pts I will put a small bit of low fat cheese on the sandwich and then grill it...SOO YUMMY...

I also make breakfast wraps (for breakfast, lunch AND supper)...3 scrambled egg whites ( I buy the carton ). First I fry a few sliced fresh mushrooms in non stick cooking spray. Then I add 3 egg whites, green onions and peppers. Scramble altogether and put in a WW wrap with a tablespoon or more of salsa. These are my all time fave. In the past I'd seriously scramble 2-3 whole eggs....add a whack of cheese and eat about 3 wraps...INSANE!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

Glad things are almost back to normal for you texas...you have some great ideas too I will google the green lite bites website can't wait

Angel thanks for the new ideas, I need things that are portable since I tend to work long hours and can not always get out...the wraps are easy to fix and don't require silverware LOL

I can't wait to see what others are doing
Old 09-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have been into homemade fish tacos lately. They come out to about 3 points each. I grill some fish (usually cod) in lime juice and seasoning, heat the tortilla and add cabbage. If I need dairy or have extra points, I use FF sour cream or LF cheese. They are filling and cheap points.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Well, I too am still looking for low point meals. Texscrapper, I loved the Green Lite Bites website. I think the Banana Yogurt Cup looks yummy!

Banana Yogurt Cup
Servings Amount per Serving Calories Fat Fiber WWPs 1 ~135g 140 3g 5g 2
http://greenlitebites.com/2008/07/05/banana-yogurt-cup/
• 1/2 ripe banana
• 1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt (57g)
• 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips (7g)
• 1/8 cup high fiber cereal (8g) like Fiber One

In a small bowl, smash the banana with a fork. Mix in the yogurt. If you want to make it look pretty, transfer the mixture using a spatula into a small serving bowl and top with chips and cereal.

Last edited by Jo7475; 09-21-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Mistake
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Glad everyone is doing okay! Doing pretty well here, though it's been a really busy week and weekend. I didn't feel like I was that good this weekend, yet I guess I never splurged and ate everything in sight, either. Lost another 1.5 lbs. I am loving this while it lasts! (still losing without staying strictly on plan - still really watching it, and eating a lot of "snacks" instead of full-out meals) I am almost to my October 10th goal already! So cool. My body is wanting to lose weight right now for whatever reason.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #8  

Sara - WTG on the loss!

Jo - I love her website too! Everything that I have tried is great!

Well, I lost .4 pounds for the week, but I'm not upset - I really thought that I'd have a gain! I'm back on the wagon again. I need to get back into the habit of planning my meals (especially dinner)

Anyone try any new recipes or found and new great products in the last week or so?

I found the Choice Ramen noodles (thanks to Green Lite Bites) at my grocery store. They are only 5 points for the entire package and have really helped curb my noodle/pasta craving! I threw out the seasoning packet and added some soy sauce, splenda, and ginger and made some "chinese noodles" YUM!

Last edited by texscrapper; 09-22-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

Riley the fish taco's sounds great!
Texas I love that site, I haven't got to look around as much as I want but will devote some serious time to it over the next week! WOW and you did great buy dropping .4 pounds
I managed .5 this week even with the wine 4 nights out of 7. So really the past two weeks I have actually gained .5 pounds but that is ok I am back on track now
Great Job Sara on the 1.5 pounds! You must be doing something very right

Today for my job I had to eat out at breakfast and lunch, even though I made the best choices I could the two meals still totaled 14.5 points, so tonight for dinner I made two of my turkey wraps so I could have a snack later this evening. I hope to lose at least a pound this week and weigh in is not until Sunday
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #10  

I have been trying to walk several times a week, but I also stay more active during the days than I've ever been while trying to lose weight. I have a 9 month old and an almost 2-year-old, and they keep me pretty busy! Also, we have a small 3-floor townhouse, so I do lots of stairs every day.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

Congrats on staying active. I must admit that is my downfall these past months.

I was talking to my business partner/boss today about lack of exercise and my lack of free time to do so. He suggested I actually take a lunch break, change my clothes and get out of the office every day...wow what a concept LOL I think I will at least give it a go next week maybe start off with just walking 20 min up an down the hills downtown. I will see if that will jump start the stall I already am in, zi just can't jump in this week darn it
Old 09-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #12  

Nancy - how did the walking go? Did you give it a try today?

I have a NSV (Non scale voctory) to report - I think my stomach has shrunk! We went out to dinner tonight, and I only ate 1/3 of the food on the plate before feeling stuffed! Two months ago, I would have eaten the entire plate and just felt satisfied

Not a huge victory, but one that I'm sure proud of!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Congrats on stomach shrinkage!! It makes going out to dinner so much easier. I don't know why restaurants feed us so much food.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Whoo Hoo texas!

That is wonderful, I have no victories and am on the frustrated side with not losing for the past few weeks. But walking will start on Monday. I am bringing sweat pants and tennies to work and spend 30 min walking during my lunch--rain or shine--**note to self buy raincoat and sweats
Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #15  

I haven't been eating so well lately (getting lazy cause I was losing fairly easily) and I crashed and burned yesterday. It's been stressful around here with teething and colds and little sleep, and I ate 5 of those 100-calorie Nutty Bars yesterday. Should not have brought them in the house. My will power is so much better when I just don't have junk food around! ;-) Then we had dinner at Burger King. Sigh. And tonight is DS's birthday party. I will do my best, though, and try to get back on plan tomorrow. Wish me luck!