Old 09-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Kitten not urinating or defacating

OK, I am bringing kitty into vet tomorrow. She's got wattery eyes, and I want to make sure she's alright. I had called the vet before allowing my sis to push her onto me, and they said that a URI isn't anything to worry about long term.

But in almost 30 hrs she's not urinated nor defacated. Her appetite wasn't the greatest this morning, but she's been eating this afternoon, of course moist food will always get a kitty to eat faster than dry!

Should I be worried cause she's not going potty?
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't be too worried, since she is eating. How long have you had her? If she's new to the home, she may just be getting used to everything. Don't stress about it until you see the vet.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Yeah! She went last night! And in the box I might add!

It is because she's stressed and a new place. Night before she spent night under covers up next too me, last night, she spent night on floor playing, keeping momma up! And when she did go for cat naps she did so on "her" dresser!

I have a vet appt this am for check up and to make sure the URI only came back due to stress. She seems MUCH better this am!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Good to hear Lori
Glad she went potty!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #5  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

One of my cats is such a baby that he will hide for days if we have visitors over, I have no idea when/if he manages to sneak out from under the bed to go potty and eat! Some cats are way more skittish than others, best of luck with the new kitty
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

When I flew my cat across the country, I don't think he toileted at all for about a day and a half. I felt so bad .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #7  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

When I take my cats to the vets half the time they go potty in the cat carriers. I think they do it for revenge.
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #8  
Operator265

Our Cocker would crap in the vet's lounge every time. Wait outside for an hour, he'd crap in the lounge. Try to run right into the to the exam room, crap in the lounge. I tried to get the X to carry him in once but he refused to have himself get crapped on when he went thru the lounge. That dog insisted we all know that he considered the vet's office the Sh**s.

Glad to her your baby's doing better.

Last edited by Operator265; 09-26-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, my cat's schedule (including her potty schedule) gets all screwy when she's in a new environment. She'll be fine, but it's always good to take them to the vet to make sure. What a good kitty owner you are!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

With cats, you might also want to check to see if they aren't going elsewhere. One of my cats loves to pee in the bathtub. She will also poop in potted plants if given the chance. We don't have any plants inside but when we were cleaning out the outside plants, we found a few surprises.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote