Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Talking Time to CONTINUE!!!!

Hello ladies! I lost around 50 pounds, and was down in the low 120s, and even though I did not reach my ultimate goal of 115, I was small and feeling good enough and so I stopped losing. Life got busy (working full-time and going to school at night is HARD!). I maintained for a while... but in the past few months I have gained some weight. I am up to about 134, so NOW IS THE TIME to catch this and do something about it!!! Even though I stay so busy and have practically no free time, I am going to go the extra mile and stop eating quick fattening meals and start planning. And most importantly... I will have to find a time to exercise. Even if I can only do it on the weekends and very little through the week - that is what I must do!! So even though I took a "little break" - the important thing now is that I am back to finish the job!! To get to 115!! But what is even more important to me than the numbers on the scale is being physically fit. I am going to start running again. There has been nothing in my life that makes me feel as good as running does!! And it gave me such a tight little tummy. So I am here for support and if anyone ever wants to message me, feel free!! Dieting buddies are always welcome, and once I get myself on a good schedule (almost there), I will be looking for a diet buddy. I had one when I lost my weight before, and it was so great to weigh in with someone weekly.

Well anyway, have a great day!!

jpye
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Jpye!

Way to go! Catching ourselves and digging in our heels is hard to do. But it's so important

You'll be back to the routine in no time.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Agreed about the running! I am in the best shape of my life since I have been running. Good for you on catching yourself early! I wish I wouldn't have gone so crazy when I was prego. I gained 50 pounds for a 4.6 pound baby. I still don't get the math on that one.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

ul be back ot that weight in no time....
im currently 134 also....
my ultimate goal is 126 so im pushing hard too!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

If you did it once, you can do it again!!! I know how you feel. I had gotten down to 134..not my ultimate goal...well...my original goal of 130. I was soooo close but i got too comfortable. Too happy in my life. I let too much good food back in. Now i'm back up to 144. I need to drop this 10 pounds i put on plus keep striving toward my original goal of 130 and maybe my ultimate goal of 120. But i know the 140's are not where i want to be. All we have to do it do what we did before and we can get to where we want to be. Good luck!! You can do this!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #6  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I wanted to reply because I, too, am working full time during the day and taking classes at night. Right at first I was getting myself in the bad habit of stopping for fast food, and that was my dinner or lunch or sometimes both on those days when I was away from home for 13 hours at a stretch.

Recently, I have made sure that I have sandwich fixings, veggies, and healthy snacks for my lunches and long days. I have made the realization that if I care enough about my appearance at work to lay out my clothes the night before, I can also spend the extra 15 minutes the night before packing my lunch.

Cutting up veggies, etc the night before makes me feel proud of myself, isn't that funny? And then, on those long days, I take comfort in having foods to eat that I have chosen and I enjoy. It is so much better than the junk I wind up with from the fast food joints.

Just my 2 cents. I have always wanted to be a runner, and I never seem to get myself started. One step at a time.

Good luck on your journey!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote